Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home Ownership and Game

FraUnderRadaren

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even sure something like this would apply but I thought it be interesting to share with the forum. My question I have is how does owning your own home/condo whilst being single changed things for you when you "game"?

I've been saving up for a down payment for a house and I'm weighing my options if it's a worthy investment.

Appreciate your input :)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a worthy investment for other reasons.

I own a condo. It's a great look for a bachelor. A single-family home isn't really worth it as a single guy unless it is a duplex / triplex where you can get some rental income out of it.

I haven't noticed it helping all that much vs. when I was renting. Women just want you to have your own place that is clean, a vehicle that is clean (excluding NYC), and some legal stable means of income. I don't think women have put two-and-two together unless I tell them I own. That's a conversation reserved for after a consistent amount of sex. Don't brag about it unless you own some penthouse suite in Manhattan, Miami, or Vegas.

Last edited:

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you don’t live at your moms house, most women don’t care. However if your house or apartment is exquisite, an amazing view of the city or beach front then it can help if she is already attracted to you. “Hey baby, come over, you have to see the view from my place”. I believe location is even more important.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A single-family home isn't really worth it as a single guy unless it is a duplex / triplex where you can get some rental income out of it.
I know a guy who lives in a duplex, but he lives in both parts of it lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I live in an apartment by choice because I don't want to spend the time, effort and energy wasted in doing home related things like mowing, snow blowing, fixing stuff when it breaks, etc.

I owned a house for 15 years. I am far happier here. Have not noticed any difference in ability to get women or have them stay around.

If I am dating someone for a long time then I would consider getting a house with them but I would need to feel pretty confident about things.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most important thing is location. You want to be located where there are high concentrations of the type of women you like. More densely populated areas are best. Ideally you should also live within walking distance of places suitable for dates.

Whether you own or rent, house, apartment, or condo, most girls aren’t going to know or care. The nicer the place, the more money you’re spending on it whether you rent or own so owning is mostly irrelevant from a dating perspective. Most girls aren’t going to ask “so, do you rent or own this place?” Certainly not right away.

For single people, I feel renting is best because you never know where you’ll end up. Makes it much easier to move, or to move in with someone you’ve been dating a while with the stakes being much lower. For example, the girl I’ve been with a year now owns her own house and I own my own house too. Us moving in together will have major implications. But if one or both of us were renting, it would be no big deal - just rent a place together when ready and if things ultimately don’t work out with eachother, just go rent another place.

But if you are just trying to find out how wet it will make a girl to know that you have a mortgage on your place instead of rental payments, the answer is: not very, if at all. She will care more about the location, how nice it is, comfort, balcony, view, decor, lighting, cleanliness, that kind of thing.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even sure something like this would apply but I thought it be interesting to share with the forum. My question I have is how does owning your own home/condo whilst being single changed things for you when you "game"?

I've been saving up for a down payment for a house and I'm weighing my options if it's a worthy investment.

Um, read "The Millionaire Next Door," even though it's dated at 1995. You should buy no more than 2x your annual wage/salary when buying a house. I bought 1.5X my annual wage 10 years ago. Your goal in life is to lower your taxable Realized income (which means the more you spend, the more you are Taxed). That's how the uber rich do it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, read "The Millionaire Next Door," even though it's dated at 1995. You should buy no more than 2x your annual wage/salary when buying a house. I bought 1.5X my annual wage 10 years ago. Your goal in life is to lower your taxable Realized income (which means the more you spend, the more you are Taxed). That's how the uber rich do it.
Unfortunately that formula doesn’t work anymore in major metro areas unless you go to the hood.

FraUnderRadaren

Don Juan
Reaction score
From the sound of it, the condo would probably be better for me. I just need to make sure it's in a good location.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Not much. It can be a pain at times with the upkeep though. Renting is fine too, as long as it's your own pad; depending on age, of course.

Glassguy

Reaction score
If you can afford buying something nice, buy. Paying rent is throwing money away and there is zero equity. You should do it for that reason alone because its a financial long term benefit to you, not doing it just to impress some chick.

As with all good decisions of self improvement and self betterment, attraction of women is a good byproduct to those choices.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you can afford buying something nice, buy. Paying rent is throwing money away and there is zero equity. You should do it for that reason alone because its a financial long term benefit to you, not doing it just to impress some chick.

As with all good decisions of self improvement and self betterment, attraction of women is a good byproduct to those choices.
I used to agree with this but I am not sure I do anymore, nor is this actually supported in multiple studies on the subject researchers have done.

Even when you pay off a house, you still have property taxes to pay, maintenance and upkeep to pay, and beautification to do.

If you combine just that together, often times it might come out to be more than what you are paying in rent, or at least close enough that it is inconsequential.

Also...is it really throwing money away if I save $600 a month from renting versus paying a mortgage and invest that into a 401K or IRA?

If we are talking 30 years of this, I make $880K by investing the extra $600 a month and getting compound interest at a modest 8% clip.

I highly doubt a house is going to be worth $880K in that time and even if it is, you probably paid well over $1 million for it once you add in interest over that time period.

Also, unless you have an assload of deductions, the interest and taxes on the house is most likely far less than your standard deduction so the tax implications don't come into play in 95% of cases.

There is nothing wrong with owning a house, but the argument for it is far from being the slam dunk you try and make it out to be.

Houses can tie you down if you need to move quickly(for a job, family issue, etc) and cannot find a buyer. You will be paying two mortgages or a mortgage and rent.

Also there is no guarantee the house will go up in value...ask people who found themselves underwater during the mortgage crisis about that. If not you could be holding the bag for a lot of extra money.

Last edited:

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are over 30.... yes, it will make a difference. Mainly from a mindset perspective...You start thinking about VALUE, and Thinking about the future. that comes through in your mannerisms and women tune into it.

I have to say my social media photos of remodelling my house created a lot of wet panties from prospects...

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
It’s neutral at best unless it’s a really big/expensive house.

I have a small house. It’s fine by me, but I don’t think chicks like it.

What they don’t know is it will be paid off in 2022.
that's awesome Mike, there's no feeling like owning your own home. 2022 will be here in no time.

As soon as I pull into the town where my house is, I feel a wide elastic band of stress across the bottom of my traps, release.

My word.

I always get the best, soundest sleep at my house.

I sometimes wish I was closer to the big city but other times I'm glad its so removed.

Just have to up my retirement plan so I can live at my house fulltime and grow a big vegetable garden and hunt and fish around it like I couldn't do in the big city anyways.

I've never listed the house as collateral and never will, thank goodness. That's ridiculous once you have shelter that's paid for.
Repairs can be a P.I.T.A. while working fulltime but its still so worth it.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question I have is how does owning your own home/condo whilst being single changed things for you when you "game"?

Its a good investment for yourself.

Young, fertile, sexy girls could care less. They want the alpha male bad boy. Once a woman approaches 30 then it will start to matter because they want the stable beta male.

It all depends who your audience is.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to agree with this but I am not sure I do anymore, nor is this actually supported in multiple studies on the subject researchers have done.

Even when you pay off a house, you still have property taxes to pay, maintenance and upkeep to pay, and beautification to do.

If you combine just that together, often times it might come out to be more than what you are paying in rent, or at least close enough that it is inconsequential.

Also...is it really throwing money away if I save $600 a month from renting versus paying a mortgage and invest that into a 401K or IRA?

If we are talking 30 years of this, I make $880K by investing the extra $600 a month and getting compound interest at a modest 8% clip.

I highly doubt a house is going to be worth $880K in that time and even if it is, you probably paid well over $1 million for it once you add in interest over that time period.

Also, unless you have an assload of deductions, the interest and taxes on the house is most likely far less than your standard deduction so the tax implications don't come into play in 95% of cases.

There is nothing wrong with owning a house, but the argument for it is far from being the slam dunk you try and make it out to be.

Houses can tie you down if you need to move quickly(for a job, family issue, etc) and cannot find a buyer. You will be paying two mortgages or a mortgage and rent.

Also there is no guarantee the house will go up in value...ask people who found themselves underwater during the mortgage crisis about that. If not you could be holding the bag for a lot of extra money.
It is always better to own instead of rent for long term purchases. The answer for a single guy with no kids is a condo. Need to move? Simply rent it out.

Real Estate is significantly more lucrative overall than the market for several reasons; the most obvious being rental income. My neighbor has been leasing his unit for 35 years. That 35 years worth of rental income is a lot money.. and that’s before even considering the equity in the property.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having your life... Together, or being ahead of the curve, it creates Social Proof.. Social Proof is a tool that women and men use...

The thing about Social Proof is that beta males who are not engaged in self Development, they will try to conflict with you, because just the interaction gives them social proof so they'll talk **** on you.

Marrying into a home ownership status, when you were not before, is basically the most Alpha thing you can do in my opinion.

Here is the thing though: You keep what you have to yourself, you don't tell nobody, don't flaunt or brag... You want genuine interactions with women and you can't have that when your idiot friend is trying to Social Proof himself by telling every woman he sees that you own a house... Some guys and their blatant narcissistic tendencies drive me insane, like you can't tell even your friends for this reason.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I've never listed the house as collateral and never will, thank goodness. That's ridiculous once you have shelter that's paid for.
Repairs can be a P.I.T.A. while working fulltime but its still so worth it.
Agreed. I never borrowed against mine (other than primary mortgage).

I also resisted the urge to refinance over the years so as not restart the clock and go back to payments that are mostly interest (rather than going towards principal).

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. I never borrowed against mine (other than primary mortgage).

I also resisted the urge to refinance over the years so as not restart the clock and go back to payments that are mostly interest (rather than going towards principal).
Excellent.

So you have a good head on your shoulders.

We're in the minority.

Except for some of the Dave Ramsey facebook groups I was in, I never met anyone who owned their own home.

Its crazy.