Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home gym minimums

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I'm adding to the chorus of "oh no! my gym closed! now what?" And there have been a bunch of replies, including a lot of YouTube videos. which between work and my additional co-parenting/quasi-home-schooling duties I haven't had time to watch.

At the Y, I basically do a round on the machines, plus a few free weights, three times a week. When I've been more disciplined, I filled in the non-Y days with planks and pushups.

So what can I easily obtain for home that will at least back-fill my access to machines, short of a full-up home gym? I've neither the time or space for the later, nor do I feel like I should be making that kind of monetary investment at the moment. I know there's a lot of gimmicky devices out there, and feel like I'm up against a needle in a haystack as far as finding something that's:
  1. Relatively inexpensive
  2. Not bulky
  3. Covers a decent range of muscle groups
Seems like most people here hit the gym, or just invest in their own home gym. Hoping there are some outliers with good advice.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my home gym, it's all I need. As for the bulky part...I think that'll be tough unless you go with a pullup bar that goes in the door jamb and perhaps a set of adjustable dumbbells. All depends on what type of workout you do.

I started with the first three then added a few other things as needed.

1. Power rack, weights, incline bench (not shown)
2. Olympic bar
3. Hex deadlift bar
4. Shorter olympic bar
5. Curling bar
6. Bands - I don't use them much
7. Elliptical (not shown)

Attachments

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my home gym, it's all I need. As for the bulky part...I think that'll be tough unless you go with a pullup bar that goes in the door jamb and perhaps a set of adjustable dumbbells. All depends on what type of workout you do.

I started with the first three then added a few other things as needed.

1. Power rack, weights, incline bench (not shown)
2. Olympic bar
3. Hex deadlift bar
4. Shorter olympic bar
5. Curling bar
6. Bands - I don't use them much
7. Elliptical (not shown)
Fvcking Aye. That must feel great.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvcking Aye. That must feel great.
Thanks, it's one of the best investments I ever made. It wasn't that expensive as it paid for itself in less than 2yrs of any gym membership cost and not to mention the convenience (and no excuse for not working out). But for most finding the room is a challenge so I'm lucky in that sense.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like most people here hit the gym, or just invest in their own home gym. Hoping there are some outliers with good advice.
A straight bar or get gymnastics rings. I've not looked back.

Similarly, I wish I could have prepared better. Parks are closed. People are jacking up rates for bogus equipment. I missed out on a few bells and weights. I have no room for a home gym. No flex is gayest.

I got free weights, a few kettlebell, pull up dip bars and rings. It is basic but I don't need much. It is a mess atm with getting a routine going. I have played with a blitz full body workout and muscle isolation. It is a great change. Also, healing from the damage taken in the gym.

Gymnast rings indicate how strong you are. Any sort of imbalances is self evident. Try dipping. Try pull up's. Add in rotation, supinate, pronate. Do hangs.

Refrain from fighting over toilet paper and acting like women. Hard times make strong men. The virus is weeding out the soft.

Mother nature is a ruthless ***** like female nature and eliminates the weak. It's genocidal.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My home gym is a 25 pound rice bag and a 16 pound medicine ball and then of course I have a bunch of boxing equipment. Basically my gym is so minimal I can eat the heaviest weight. Not going to be good for major gains but I'm keeping my muscle mass and down 7 pounds so far in part due to a low sodium diet and 12 hours of fasting every day.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
It’s time for a long cut cycle. Pick your cardio of choice and supplement that with push ups and pull ups.
3 hours of indoor walking everyday and pushups, supermans, bodyweight squats and crunches 3 times a week. As well as doing The I Fasting and eating 1600 calories a day.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a pull up bar with dip station, gymnastic rings, dumbells, a barebell, different balls and rolls for fascia release - that's it.

Right now I do mostly pushups, pullups, reversed pushups, jumping squats, goblet squats, one-legged bodyweight deadlift, leg raises, plank variations and burpees.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In rhe uk, there's no room especially in major cities for a home gym. I have gone full calisthenics king style workouts. Pull up bar, gymnastics rings, a few heavy kettlebells.

I'm good. God bless China virus.. Wait wut?

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I'm adding to the chorus of "oh no! my gym closed! now what?" And there have been a bunch of replies, including a lot of YouTube videos. which between work and my additional co-parenting/quasi-home-schooling duties I haven't had time to watch.

At the Y, I basically do a round on the machines, plus a few free weights, three times a week. When I've been more disciplined, I filled in the non-Y days with planks and pushups.

So what can I easily obtain for home that will at least back-fill my access to machines, short of a full-up home gym? I've neither the time or space for the later, nor do I feel like I should be making that kind of monetary investment at the moment. I know there's a lot of gimmicky devices out there, and feel like I'm up against a needle in a haystack as far as finding something that's:
  1. Relatively inexpensive
  2. Not bulky
  3. Covers a decent range of muscle groups
Check out the body beast program if you are new to lifting weights. It is a good solid program that will teach you some good basics. All I have is an adjustable bench, 90lb power blocks and a pull up bar. It's done some good things for me.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
There is really a lot you can do with dumbells, so many areas you can target with just dumbells.

Also do the farmers walk which is great for posture

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Push ups
Pull ups
Crunches
Squats

Switch to one handed, one legged manoeuvres once 50 rep limit reached.

Go slow, good form is key.

Add weights in a backpack accordingly.

Burpees, skipping for cardio.

Diet > Training

Good time to cut during the lockdown. Moderate calorie intake. Sleep maxx, helps with recovery and test.

Resistance bands are super. Cheap, portable.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Get a 60-80 lb weighted vest and make your own 75-100 lb sandbag. You can find instructions on YouTube.

There is no other equipment needed, you can both get in fantastic shape with these and build muscle.

Also, out of all the workouts I have done and I have done pretty much everything, HIIT cardio, steady state cardio, training with weighted vests, etc...
By far the thing with the most carryover effect in the bedroom for stamina and ability to keep going endlessly is doing weighted vest hill climbing. Find a hill near you and do 3 sets of 10 up and down it. You will be exhausted by the end and drenched in sweat(ie your shirt will be so wet you can ring it out and your underwear and shorts will stay soaked for hours if you don't change them) but your performance in the bedroom will improve in ways you won't even believe.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update Op?

YouTube fitness Faq. The kid is a G.

I have a 64kg kettlebell. Been doing iso swings. Lunges iso, goblet squats, etc. I have broken several plateaus. Ring workouts are excellent. I have noticed excellent results from the calisthenics and the intermittent fasting. Cali muscle is more dense or so it would appear. I am leaner. I feel great.

Motivation is huge.

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
After quarantine, I also decided to start putting together my own gym. I even found a compound exerciser, which includes several fitness equipments. It allows me to work out different muscle groups. I will start with it.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
After quarantine, I also decided to start putting together my own gym. I even found a compound exerciser, which includes several fitness equipments. It allows me to work out different muscle groups. I will start with it.
this sounds like a good exerciser. Good start.

My bike is tuned up and after just a 25 minute road ride the other day my body composition appeared different in mirror. Weird.
About to go on an hour's ride. I highly recommend a stationary bike indoors, if one can't get onto the road or trails. Its an extreme fat burner and leg muscles builder.