Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hobbies

M

member160292

I'm looking to take on some exciting new things and I'm sure many of you have thought of adding more color to your life. I'll start with mine

-Offshore fishing
-Mountain biking
-Aquaponics
-Aquariums

I have tried golf, but it just wasn't for me, I might need to learn more patience. I started looking at archery, it seems quite interesting.

Please share yours!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mountain biking, kayaking. Both requires balance and brings you close to nature.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are mine

-Latin dance, especially salsa and tango
-Hiking
-Chess
-Fine dining & cooking (including teaching my kids to cook)
-Waterskiing, Snowskiing
-Baseball (STL Cards)
-Gardening and garden design
-Painting
-Singing

And contributing here. Been here long enough I think it qualifies as a hobby at this point, lol.

Cheers

M

member160292

Just don't mix kayaking and fishing in the ocean, or at least watch some shark attack videos first.

I have run aquaponics with koi. At the moment, I would like to grow some aquaponic prawns.
I've seen a colorful crayfish setup on Craigslist for about $200. Looked pretty cool.
Do you have to run a chiller for the koi?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen a colorful crayfish setup on Craigslist for about $200. Looked pretty cool.
Do you have to run a chiller for the koi?
I had it in a basement, so no chiller was required. They are an expensive pain, but required if the water won't stay cool. I was looking at the giant prawns as food, $25 for 3 at the grocery store, $50 at a restaurant. They finish very quickly, like 6 to 9 months. Basil is a great crop for aquaponics, as is any lettuce or greens.

M

member160292

I had it in a basement, so no chiller was required. They are an expensive pain, but required if the water won't stay cool. I was looking at the giant prawns as food, $25 for 3 at the grocery store, $50 at a restaurant. They finish very quickly, like 6 to 9 months. Basil is a great crop for aquaponics, as is any lettuce or greens.
I'll have to find where to get those prawns, I've only seen saltwater sold live. I'm curious if they are easy to breed as I'm looking at the cost-yield ratio.

Basils are very low maintenance and grow like weeds. I just can't finish them before they get out of control. Did you notice your basil taste a little too earthy?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Sailing
-Gardening (food crops)
-Biking
-Hiking
-Languages
-Music

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would one get into sailing, what initial investments should I prep for?
If you want to try it out, I suggest going to a sailing center and renting a boat or taking a class. No idea what this costs because I never did it.

Investment wise, it really depends on what you want to do with the boat, and what kind of water you have available. The Complete Sailing Manual is a great reference book and will help you decide what kind of sailing you want to do, as well as being a great reference.

You can easily find a starter boat for under $2k if you want to buy, but bear in mind that the bigger boats in this price range (22-24ft keel boats) have hidden costs like mooring/storage and registration fees, which is why they're so damn cheap. Smaller sport boats, like an Aero, a Laser or a Hobie can be stored at home for free, and can be towed with a car, but you can expect to spend more like $3k-$6k to get one in good shape.

For small sport boats you're going to need some kind of wetsuit or drysuit because you're inevitably going to get soaked or dunked. These run between $300-$800.

sevbucmash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. Mustangs. I like new edge mustangs. 4v 4.6 from junk yard, teksid block, c heads, pro charger. Cars man. Fun hobbies that are YOU and that scream SUCCESS!

Fishing man, unless it's done from an expensive boat and you catching some big game, that just not a successful hobby, like playing chess or gardening. Those are old man hobbies.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Fall Guys but I stop after getting a win or it gets too addictive.

Going out to dinner/movies

Watching Netflix or other streaming at home.

My current gf is also into all that stuff so we do it together.

Duke26

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crocheting, woodworking and gardening are things I’d like to check out and explore.
+1 for woodworking
If you have the basics tools for it and enjoy it you can make small pieces of furniture for your place or sell them for extra $$