Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

high school weights

thephilosopher9

Don Juan
Reaction score
ever wonder why football players are so buff? Ever go to the weight room, see them trying to lift 200 lbs. Not really succeeding, and you thinking they are dumb for even trying, while you, though its only 160, are going through the strict range of motion? the answer: isometrics. I did some research, and found mass increases by 15-40% when compared to regular or dynamic exercises. The negatives of course are the higher chances of injury, and less muscular endurance, but the point is more mass. Unless your a fighter, and mass is somewhat deterimental, this will be a big tip. I'm really excited bout it myself. Point: in the weightroom, shove on your max on your last set, and really try to pump it. Do more research on your own, this is just meant as an eye opener...mainly targeted towards lost high schoolers. Yes, yes like me at one point...

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't a footballer want more functional mass? Whats the point of being big and bulky if some guy half his size pushes him out of the way?

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your school isn't totally ghetto and you aren't a total loser... go talk with the football players and/or coaches and figure out what plan they are working out on. There is specific plans for specific things.

Like:
Getting bulked up
Getting toned
Getting muscle endurance
Getting explosiveness
Getting overall strength

And that's just general stuff.
For tennis I have a specific plan that focuses on getting toned and increasing quickness...
For lacrosse I have a plan that focuses on speed, explosiveness, and core strength.

Just look it up man... don't think you've found THE workout plan. It ALL depends on what you want to do.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, i hate the phrase "toned". Tone is just adding some mass, losing some fat. lol.

However, I don't think your looking at the whole picture. These football players aren't always big and buff. The ones that are, tend to be the stronger, more athletic kids who don't pull stupid sh*t to get the weight up. They push themselves, but aren't crazy and stack on more weight than they need.

As a former football player, I would be inclined to say that a football player would be focusing more on explosive strength, with a full range of motion on many exercises.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are really interested in all of that, you might want to visit us in the health and fitness section where we talk about all of that stuff.

I'm not a football player, but i've seen high school kids that are, and aren't as strong as you think they are. They have a huge ego cause they play football, but nothing is special about them.

Some are amazing (football players in general) while some are TERRIBLE.

You want to see real stuff, watch a team from the NFL go through stuff. They do things you'll never see or hear in high school, but they also have some of the top CSCS and NSCA coaches as well, as to where most high schools get Joe schmoe who THINKS he knows what he is doing just cause his title is football coach.