Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with Psychology coursework

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would appreciate any help here men, conflicting info

I am currently completing my course on the above, under self esteem it says they have "destructive pride", and "discard others opinions , over their own".

ie you tell your daughter she is pretty and she is convinced shes not

But i thought people with self esteem issues hunt for group acceptance/likes (ie: other peoples opinions)

confused.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is way too vague as-is to give any feedback. Give us a bit more context.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont know what else i can say?

it says sufferers of low self esteem issues , discard other opinions and still don't think their good enough...

but i thought those with low self esteem hunted for the approval of others

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few people actually listen to anything that is said to them, they're too busy thinking.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just seems whopping contradicting advice, i thought people with low self esteem were whopping attention seekers

or it appears that moves into the realms of narcissism

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just seems whopping contradicting advice, i thought people with low self esteem were whopping attention seekers

or it appears that moves into the realms of narcissism
yes they are atencion seekers, and bend easily on peers pressure, but the problem is always, not everyone is the same, looking for a group and mix in said group is something kids do and woman, they need a group to feel they belong somewhere, but somepeople don't like interation with other people, so they lack of self esteem means they will isolate thenselfs from others.

problem with dealing with people is there is no one rule for then all, each case is one, some follow the behavior to the letters others don't, and these who don't are the most troublesome to deal with

also take note some people give importance to others things more then others, following the example a parent calling his daughter pretty is not taken in consideration, its they parents of course they find her pretty, but the hot guy who she have the hots for don't, and she give the importance to that opnion, same for a ugly guys she don't care about there is no importance to him so its ignored.

but then there is some who is always fishing for compliments, these like to heard it, but also don't belive on then, but since she feels good hearing it, she act and behave in ways to get said compliments, worse cases, she belives anyone who compliments her as dumb who failed to see she is faking

you really need to give more info if you want something more

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no thats fine, kind of get it now....

just couldnt understand how it said they shoot down the opinion of others, but on the same respect they search for likes on social media

surely that is the opinion of others?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no thats fine, kind of get it now....

just couldnt understand how it said they shoot down the opinion of others, but on the same respect they search for likes on social media

surely that is the opinion of others?
its not they shot down, they don't belive its the reason, something like they say that because they don't know how I really am, or the feeling good is not permanent so they seek validation over and over.

lets tell you of someone who have serious atencin seeking issues I know of.

once in a group we was talking, but him wnated to leave and we don't, so we pretty much keep talking, then he interrupt we talking saying lets leave, we ignore him and keep talking, and he stay there watching, les then a minute he say it again lets leave, we ignore again and keep talking, on the 3rd he did this, I shoot at him, then leave already, he without much he try to save face and says he will and finally leave.

his issue was he didn't want to be alone and then he wanted to lead with anyone leaving with him, possible with teh girl I was talking about. there was other issues with said guy about how annoying he was with his self steem issues

understand you don't really need to negate or disconsider some contradiction on a person mind, that is normal, a lot of people will work on making his contradition work by negating some facts, I think its called cognitive dissociation

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having low self-esteem is in no way tied to attention seeking. They are different behaviors. It's possible to have both, and it's possible to have only one or the other.

I've seen plenty of men and women that hide in the proverbial corner because they think they're not attractive enough. In a lot of cases they're right. These people usually DON'T want attention called to them, and that's usually the result of their experience being picked on as a kid. Girls are especially bad at forming cliques and psychologically bullying those who aren't good enough because physical fighting isn't their thing.