Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with my girl.

SouthernShao

Reaction score
I started reading red pill material about a year ago, including but not limited to The Rational Male. I met someone about 7 months ago and we've had a rocky relationship. I want to fix that. Please help me, bretherin.

Now to start with, I realize that one of the first things you might tell me is to plate spin, or to get out of the oneitis. Well, I was plate spinning prior to meeting her, but we hit it off so well and things have been so amazing, that I guess it's possible that I'm having difficulties getting myself out of a blue pill state in some regards. I did break up with her once too though, and she came back.

Anyways, please give me the advice that might help me handle her hypergamy. Here is information about us, for reference:

I am 37, fit and muscular, full head of hair, have a bachelors, make 73K a year. I do not own my own home but I am working on that. I own my own newer car (2015). I don't have much of a social circle but I'm trying to fix that. I took an IQ test a few years ago and the record came back as well above average (I'm not looking to brag here, so not using numbers, as this is all just for context). I know and teach traditional kung fu (martial arts), play the guitar, and have been known to be pretty good with words, along with being pretty artistic.

Her: She's 35, a runner. Has 2 masters degrees and is working on her doctorate. She's easily a 9/10 in her face alone, owns her own home, has a large social circle, a good family that she loves, is Catholic with strong principles on love and marriage, wants children, is witty and funny, and has a really solid personality. Her baggage: She was married to the man she met at 25 who ended up having two affairs for months on end with two different woman. After she divorced him due to that, she met another man who lied to her quite literally pathologically.

When we met, we hit it off like crazy. She couldn't get enough of me. She would tell me all the time how she can't get enough of me, would buy me things, wanted to see me a lot, etc. In short time, she noted that she always throughout her life would fall in love quickly, like within the first 2 months. She was afraid of doing this this time around, and promised herself she wouldn't do that again because when she did, terrible things always happened. She wanted to be able to see the red flags in a man before those bad things happened to her. I was OK with that, I wanted to take it slow too.

Over time, our relationship was still wonderful, except for one thing: She wouldn't commit to our relationship being a boyfriend/girlfriend thing. We both agreed not to date other people, or have sex with other people, and I have very solid reason to believe she never did either. She would tell me that I am an amazing relationship, and that she has very strong feelings for me, but that she doesn't see me at the alter. Almost 7 months in now, and she doesn't feel that she's in love with me, and doesn't know why.

My theory is that's her hypergamy kicking in. She makes 70K a year, and when we met, I had lost my job about a month in. After that, it took 2 months to find another. The one I found paid 52K, but then I found another to make 73K. I think it possible that had something to do with it--a fear of not knowing how consistent I would be as a provider due to that circumstance happening.

Also, she pulls back something fierce whenever I push our relationship forward. I tell her that I want more and she tells me she can't provide more right now. She's seeing a therapist about her past relationship traumas, but is in fact from all accounts, quite stable emotionally. Her friends even say this isn't like her, and some have even recommended to her to just commit with me, saying I'm a great guy (her best friend told her as such).

So she sometimes tells me it's not fair of her to stay with me and not commit to long-term and marriage, so she'll break up with me, but then come back later and want to see me. We'll meet, and end up hooking up, and start seeing each other steadily again, then in time I will push for a bit more, she will run away, and the cycle will continue.

Recently she got pregnant on accident, but miscarried. Shortly after, she did the same thing again, but I reached out to her recently to get back together, and we'll see what goes on from there.

She does not want to see other people at all right now, and of that I'm very confident it's the truth, contrary to what some of you might say. There is no other guy, as I have the potential here to know, and her Catholicism (born and raised) also greatly impacts how she acts in these regards. She wants to figure herself out as she says I am wonderful and she doesn't even know why she isn't in love with me, stating I am pretty much everything she's ever wanted.

Annnywayyys, I feel like part of the problem may be the baggage from her traumatic past in regards to relationships--a few other people believe that is very possible too. I also now believe it's part to do with her hypergamy. I have not always been the strongest man when it comes to her, and I will be completely honest with you gentleme about this. When she's wanted space, I've given it, but not as well as I could have. I've pushed relationship when I knew she's tried coming to terms with it on her own time, but the manosphere--as it were--seems to tell us that we shouldn't take excuses or ****, but lay down our wants and needs, and leave if they're not met. That this is the masculine thing to do.

Call me blue-pilled in that regard, but I still cling to some level to the ideas of maybe a more purple outlook: I believe there's something special here between us, and so does she, and not just from what she's said, but in her actions as well. I think there's damage there, and I think her hypergamy is an issue. So what can I specifically do to put myself in the view of her hypergamy, to be more of the man all-around she wants so as to have her push for relationship, instead of all this up and down, complicated stuff?

Thank you, gents.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should start seeeing other women and stop wasting time with this one. You dont want to hear that but that is the truth as I am sure multiple others will let you know as well. Something sounds fishy with this woman. She has a screw loose somewhere.

A

AJ84

You seem to be focusing on the theory of female hypergamy and glossing over what’s actually happening here, which is a woman who was burned twice by men and now has issues maintaining a relationship.
Focus on the second issue because that’s what’s happening in front of you, not some theory that she will leave you in the future for a richer guy or whatever.
She doesn’t seem to be in a place to know what she wants and she’s pulling you along for the ride.
Get off the ride.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have oneitus for a chick who doesn't see a marriage with you and doesn't love you. You shouldn't be the one pushing for marriage in the first place, but if it's what you want then you're with the wrong women. Enjoy what you have for now, but if you want to get serious with a chick you need to find one that wants the same thing.

Realistically you should look into how badly men get screwed in divorce and child custody battles and focus on spinning plates and just having fun. If you're having fun with your current chick, keep it at that and stop pushing for more.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should stop pushing her for more. Either what you have now with her is enough, with no guarantees in the future or you find a woman who can give you what you want now. You are completely within her frame. As AJ84 said, you're confusing two issues. It's likely that she is emotionally damaged, and probably therefore unfit for a relationship, and nothing you can do will change that.

If I were you, and wanted to stay with her, I would back off completely. I would tell her you're sorry you've been pushing her and that you've realized she makes you happy and that you're content to just be and see where things go. Taking the pressure off of her should give her some room to see how she actually feels rather than being pressed into a corner where she feels she has to make a decision. I know I'm gonna sound sexist here but we all know how women are at making decisions. You should act less relationshipy around her and just go back to how you would act while dating her. Don't be overly clingy and physically attached, go on some casual dates, try to spark that sexual attraction and urgency from when you were dating by creating space. (Note: I do not mean moody. Being bratty, moody, annoyed at the fact she won't commit will kill all attraction. You must be indifferent and content to live your life with or without her.)

Finally, you should start focusing on yourself a lot more. Improve your career, go out on more boys nights, pick up some new hobbies, hit the gym some more. Have actual literal space between you two so she has some time to miss you (hopefully). But do it for you, primarily. Don't make it an act, really try to improve yourself.

You need to return to a place where she is chasing you because she's worried about losing you. At the moment she knows she can have you and isn't sure if she wants you for whatever reason. If I was actually you I'd move on, but you seem like you're keen on seeing this through so that's what I'd do. Back off.

SouthernShao

Reaction score
Finally, you should start focusing on yourself a lot more. Improve your career, go out on more boys nights, pick up some new hobbies, hit the gym some more. Have actual literal space between you two so she has some time to miss you (hopefully). But do it for you, primarily. Don't make it an act, really try to improve yourself.

You need to return to a place where she is chasing you because she's worried about losing you. At the moment she knows she can have you and isn't sure if she wants you for whatever reason. If I was actually you I'd move on, but you seem like you're keen on seeing this through so that's what I'd do. Back off.
This is a tough one because I'm content with myself on many fronts. I've literally spent the last 8 years of my life building myself up. I went from 211 pounds without any kind of gym, to 7 days a week at the gym down to 175 and 12% bodyfat. My income level went from about 28K a year to 73K a year. I honestly could care less if I get more fit or make any additional income beyond this. My ambition on those fronts is just plateaued--that's my personality.

I've also obtained a black sash in a traditional martial arts form, which took me years of constant training, and learned a ton of redeamable skills for the job market and off. I've started up various projects, which have increased my knowledge, experience, and abilities, even working for a non-profit for 2 years.

I'm not one of those extremely rare guys who just has a motivational drive no matter where you put them, to just work 16 hours a week like clockwork, absolutely mastering everything they put their hands on. I've done a LOT for myself--a LOT. I have done more, I would imagine, than the vast majority of human beings have. My sexual market value is high, all things considered. Could I get even more ripped or make even more money? Sure, but there's a trade-off to my own happiness there if I put too much investment into those things.

That's not to say that I can't grow parts of my life. I have a very small social circle, and while I'm trying to grow that, I'm finding it extremely challenging. For one, I have very little motivation to want to hang out with other people on my own. I love hanging out with her friends when we're together, but when it's not her and I, I honestly could care less about other people. I often just get extremely bored in social situations, finding that I can't relate very well anymore.

I'm going to try and take your advice on backing off and seeing where that goes. I'm just not entirely sure how to go about doing that. Contrary to what appears to be the norm, I've actually broken up with more of my relationships than I've been broken up with. It's never been easy, but I've never felt this way before about someone, and after 37 years, that's saying a lot I believe. It isn't just a pretty face either, which many might believe, but it's our innate ability to connect that I so rarely find in other people. She's the 5th girl I dated in a few month span, and I broke it off with the other 4 without concern, as I just didn't feel anything.

I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"she doesn't want to commit to me"

"My theory is that get hypergamy is kicking in"

So you're sitting there wondering why you aren't enough in her eyes, and you decide it's not you, it MUST be hypergamy.

Lol, the theory of hypergamy is SUCH ego saving behavior

She's not into you. For fvcks sake, not everyone is going to be into everyone. It's not about hypergamy, it's about personalities.

Stop wasting your time and move on! And, after you move on, when she reaches out, ignore her and continue moving on.

There's nothing long term for you here.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a tough one because I'm content with myself on many fronts. I've literally spent the last 8 years of my life building myself up. I went from 211 pounds without any kind of gym, to 7 days a week at the gym down to 175 and 12% bodyfat. My income level went from about 28K a year to 73K a year. I honestly could care less if I get more fit or make any additional income beyond this. My ambition on those fronts is just plateaued--that's my personality.

I've also obtained a black sash in a traditional martial arts form, which took me years of constant training, and learned a ton of redeamable skills for the job market and off. I've started up various projects, which have increased my knowledge, experience, and abilities, even working for a non-profit for 2 years.

I'm not one of those extremely rare guys who just has a motivational drive no matter where you put them, to just work 16 hours a week like clockwork, absolutely mastering everything they put their hands on. I've done a LOT for myself--a LOT. I have done more, I would imagine, than the vast majority of human beings have. My sexual market value is high, all things considered. Could I get even more ripped or make even more money? Sure, but there's a trade-off to my own happiness there if I put too much investment into those things.

That's not to say that I can't grow parts of my life. I have a very small social circle, and while I'm trying to grow that, I'm finding it extremely challenging. For one, I have very little motivation to want to hang out with other people on my own. I love hanging out with her friends when we're together, but when it's not her and I, I honestly could care less about other people. I often just get extremely bored in social situations, finding that I can't relate very well anymore.

I'm going to try and take your advice on backing off and seeing where that goes. I'm just not entirely sure how to go about doing that. Contrary to what appears to be the norm, I've actually broken up with more of my relationships than I've been broken up with. It's never been easy, but I've never felt this way before about someone, and after 37 years, that's saying a lot I believe. It isn't just a pretty face either, which many might believe, but it's our innate ability to connect that I so rarely find in other people. She's the 5th girl I dated in a few month span, and I broke it off with the other 4 without concern, as I just didn't feel anything.

I appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Well kudos on your lifestyle. I wish I could have that level of motivation! It takes me kicking my own ass to get moving some days. I understand what you mean about meeting those rare women, I'm dating one now. She appears to be perfect for me. But that makes me more weary to be honest. It makes me push to find joy in life outside of her. Oneitis really digs in when your life and happiness begin to depend on a woman and that is when you'll start to exhibit behaviors that are unattractive and have a mindset that will be detrimental to your own happiness.

So even though you have all this success, I'm curious as to whether you're doing it for you and whether or not you are content in your life. The last time I was dumped, I posted on here about how stable that advice had made me. That I was a little bit sad initially but realized it was all going to be fine. Not everyone believed me and I doubt everyone will believe it when I say that's still the case with my current girlfriend. I see a future with her, she's great. But if it were to end, while I'd be sad, I'd be content. And the things in my life that make me content are the things that make me a better person and contribute to the lives of others. Be it charity work, fitness, friends or my business.

So be very careful about creating arbitrary space, although I think you should a little. But the best advice on this forum aims inwardly. What is it about you right now that is fixated on this woman who doesn't appear to be that into you? What do you think you deserve in a relationship? Is it a woman who doesn't see marriage with you and isn't sure she loves you? Because if not, what are you doing? I have chased after women who made me wait for their love and it has never worked out. At the end of the day, both they and I were too weak to admit what we both knew. It was never going to happen. So again, put your feelings for this woman to the side for a moment, summon up as much self-respect as possible and ask yourself one question. Is this woman, right now, providing what I deserve in a loving relationship? If it's anything other than an emphatic yes, you have some thinking to do. Because if it's "she's great but holding back at the moment, if she was to commit to me, provide more love, have kids with me", or something similiar, you have a fictional relationship ideal you're hoping for, not a great relationship now. Only one of those is real and only one of those works.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is quite easy, but you do not want to accept the facts. Anyway here it goes:

SHE DOESN'T WANT TO DATE/MARRY YOU.

For whatever reasons, she just doesnt like you that much.

1 You cannot fix this.
2 You should stop wasting your time with her.
3 You should look for a younger woman WHO DOES WANT TO DATE YOU, who doesnt give you drama, and who is super excited to be your girlfriend.

Good luck.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s your living situation like? You said you don’t have a house yet but working at it.

I’ll just echo what the others are saying. I read your whole post and once you typed the line that said she openly admitted to not seeing you at the altar... I went “case closed” in my mind.

Why waste all this mental energy on a woman who doesn’t see you at the finish line anyways?

It sucks... I know. Any more time invested in this woman is wasted time. You two are on seperate paths in terms of wanting the same thing relationship wise.

Why take part in a game where you deep down already know the outcome to? And that outcome is something she already told you.

upcoming_DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started reading red pill material about a year ago, including but not limited to The Rational Male. I met someone about 7 months ago and we've had a rocky relationship. I want to fix that. Please help me, bretherin.

Now to start with, I realize that one of the first things you might tell me is to plate spin, or to get out of the oneitis. Well, I was plate spinning prior to meeting her, but we hit it off so well and things have been so amazing, that I guess it's possible that I'm having difficulties getting myself out of a blue pill state in some regards. I did break up with her once too though, and she came back.

Anyways, please give me the advice that might help me handle her hypergamy. Here is information about us, for reference:

I am 37, fit and muscular, full head of hair, have a bachelors, make 73K a year. I do not own my own home but I am working on that. I own my own newer car (2015). I don't have much of a social circle but I'm trying to fix that. I took an IQ test a few years ago and the record came back as well above average (I'm not looking to brag here, so not using numbers, as this is all just for context). I know and teach traditional kung fu (martial arts), play the guitar, and have been known to be pretty good with words, along with being pretty artistic.

Her: She's 35, a runner. Has 2 masters degrees and is working on her doctorate. She's easily a 9/10 in her face alone, owns her own home, has a large social circle, a good family that she loves, is Catholic with strong principles on love and marriage, wants children, is witty and funny, and has a really solid personality. Her baggage: She was married to the man she met at 25 who ended up having two affairs for months on end with two different woman. After she divorced him due to that, she met another man who lied to her quite literally pathologically.

When we met, we hit it off like crazy. She couldn't get enough of me. She would tell me all the time how she can't get enough of me, would buy me things, wanted to see me a lot, etc. In short time, she noted that she always throughout her life would fall in love quickly, like within the first 2 months. She was afraid of doing this this time around, and promised herself she wouldn't do that again because when she did, terrible things always happened. She wanted to be able to see the red flags in a man before those bad things happened to her. I was OK with that, I wanted to take it slow too.

Over time, our relationship was still wonderful, except for one thing: She wouldn't commit to our relationship being a boyfriend/girlfriend thing. We both agreed not to date other people, or have sex with other people, and I have very solid reason to believe she never did either. She would tell me that I am an amazing relationship, and that she has very strong feelings for me, but that she doesn't see me at the alter. Almost 7 months in now, and she doesn't feel that she's in love with me, and doesn't know why.

My theory is that's her hypergamy kicking in. She makes 70K a year, and when we met, I had lost my job about a month in. After that, it took 2 months to find another. The one I found paid 52K, but then I found another to make 73K. I think it possible that had something to do with it--a fear of not knowing how consistent I would be as a provider due to that circumstance happening.

Also, she pulls back something fierce whenever I push our relationship forward. I tell her that I want more and she tells me she can't provide more right now. She's seeing a therapist about her past relationship traumas, but is in fact from all accounts, quite stable emotionally. Her friends even say this isn't like her, and some have even recommended to her to just commit with me, saying I'm a great guy (her best friend told her as such).

So she sometimes tells me it's not fair of her to stay with me and not commit to long-term and marriage, so she'll break up with me, but then come back later and want to see me. We'll meet, and end up hooking up, and start seeing each other steadily again, then in time I will push for a bit more, she will run away, and the cycle will continue.

Recently she got pregnant on accident, but miscarried. Shortly after, she did the same thing again, but I reached out to her recently to get back together, and we'll see what goes on from there.

She does not want to see other people at all right now, and of that I'm very confident it's the truth, contrary to what some of you might say. There is no other guy, as I have the potential here to know, and her Catholicism (born and raised) also greatly impacts how she acts in these regards. She wants to figure herself out as she says I am wonderful and she doesn't even know why she isn't in love with me, stating I am pretty much everything she's ever wanted.

Annnywayyys, I feel like part of the problem may be the baggage from her traumatic past in regards to relationships--a few other people believe that is very possible too. I also now believe it's part to do with her hypergamy. I have not always been the strongest man when it comes to her, and I will be completely honest with you gentleme about this. When she's wanted space, I've given it, but not as well as I could have. I've pushed relationship when I knew she's tried coming to terms with it on her own time, but the manosphere--as it were--seems to tell us that we shouldn't take excuses or ****, but lay down our wants and needs, and leave if they're not met. That this is the masculine thing to do.

Call me blue-pilled in that regard, but I still cling to some level to the ideas of maybe a more purple outlook: I believe there's something special here between us, and so does she, and not just from what she's said, but in her actions as well. I think there's damage there, and I think her hypergamy is an issue. So what can I specifically do to put myself in the view of her hypergamy, to be more of the man all-around she wants so as to have her push for relationship, instead of all this up and down, complicated stuff?

Thank you, gents.
wow. such idealism indeed. I have been there my friend, and just now getting out of it at age 27.

I believe you should from Rollo Tomassi:
1. "The medium is the message" - https://therationalmale.com/2011/09/06/the-medium-is-the-message/
2. https://therationalmale.com/2011/08/19/the-cardinal-rule-of-relationships/
3. https://therationalmale.com/2013/03/19/quality-women/

you are putting this woman on a pedestal. If you've read Rollo Tomassi you understand that HYPERGAMY DOES NOT CARE. It does not care about religion, politics, how much of a great guy her friends think you are, how much you do for her, etc.

you are in a state of denial and you don't want to face the truth. this was the hardest thing for me to accept and let go of. everything now becomes easier and clearer when you let go of your ego and your idealization glasses.

you should begin to distance yourself or go NC. IF there's a chance, she will come back to you at her own pace.

do not pressure her for a relationship, this is a woman's job. read about it here: https://therationalmale.com/2011/08/25/the-desire-dynamic/ you do not want to create something that you force, rather let it come natural at her own will. Women are the choosers. Men the chasers.

all the best!