Help my foolish AFC friend!

Mafia80

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I have been trying to talk some sense into my buddy.

He has been going out with this girl for probably 3 weeks or so...he is getting laid by her but already he is giving her things. For instance, he gave her an extra Xbox he had and a pretty nice used t.v. set. He told me hey i dont use them, why not?

Am I wrong or is this going to look rather pathetic to the girl? What u guys think?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you said she's sleeping with him, so he's not being a total tool and doing her unrequitted favors. Those are some pretty expensive gifts though, and I do doubt that she earned them. It doesn't matter much though, because you can only go so far to convince someone else. Remember, DJ is your life philosophy, and AFC is his. Quoting the DJ bible to him is like quoting the Holy Bible to a Buddhist.

ARK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone on this board told me do not shower them with gifts. The reward for her love is your love. The reward for her passion is your passion.

Mafia80

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, its hard to talk sense into this guy. Anyways, yeah he is getting laid but still he is forming a bad habit. Also he tells me he wants a ltr with this girl, how do women interpret this behavior? Well they like him more or see him as a chump?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if she really really likes him, his behavior will be irrelevant for the time being. She is still very excited that she's with a new person. Give it a few months and see how it progresses. Then he might be in some trouble.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he's already getting laid, why would he bother trying to win her over more? He's already getting his dinky stinky, don't give her gifts!

Besides, giving away an Xbox to a chick? WTF man?! Send ME the damn xbox!

Don of Truth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by italostud
If he's already getting laid, why would he bother trying to win her over more? He's already getting his dinky stinky, don't give her gifts!

Besides, giving away an Xbox to a chick? WTF man?! Send ME the damn xbox!

Is it possible that maybe he is caring and was just fulifilling his charitable character and it just so happened his new girl was on the receiving end ?

Mafia80

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would guess that it looks rather pathetic and weak to the woman. I mean, not even a month and she is getting some expensive stuff, used or new...doesnt really matter.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
You'e wasting your time - he'll have to learn much the same way many of us did.

Like someone said above, it's like your speaking a different language to them.