Help me in self-defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
Where are the best places to go to learn how to truly defend yourself in an encounter. I have been involved in martial arts in the past, and all I learned was forms and kicks that I cant use in a real street fight. This will help me relax more around people that I know dont like me that much. IF they try to start something, I want to be able to kick ass instead of getting my ass kicked like I have done so many times in the past. :p

Mjfan12

Don Juan
Reaction score
Youve been learning crappy MAs. I too wasted a few years on useless garbage.

Striking + Grappling = good self defense

Learn some Muay Thai, add Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, or submission grappling, and you'll be good.

to learn more about MMA, etc. Check out sherdog.net, and ironlife.com forums. Lots of MA guys there.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, find someone who takes martial arts and spar with them. It doesn't have to be full contact, but light jabs or something. I used to box with my buddies in high school, you naturally get better at reading a persons next move and countering it. Just my 2cents.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I had a in depth discussion about this with other members of the forum..see the link below..

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=608126#post608126

If you want to focus specifically on self defense..

Check out the Geoff Thompson stuff..is stuff is reality based self defense

www.geoffthompson.com

Check out Hocks forum which covers close quarter combat at

http://www.hockscqc.com/

This stuff will get you to the nitty gritty without having to spend years studying some martial art..

Status
Not open for further replies.