Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help interpreting her actions?

LGomes23

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could offer input of why a female coworker (who I don’t know / never interacted with) reacts this way towards me (Age: early 20s):

- When I’m distracted by something at work (e.g. talking to a coworker buddy) she’ll either stare me down hard, even to the point where it looks like she’s glaring at me or sometimes I catch her staring at me from a distance out the corner of her eye.

- She’s always around — e.g. she works on the shift before me, but always stays over on my shift. Also, when I’m away from my friend group she always goes to the lane I’m at and seems to follow me around (I’ve intentionally left an area to test this).

- She acts strange when I’m close. For example, with working in a warehouse we move around a lot, and if I’m close and our eyes coincidentally meet her eyes get really big. Also, one time I was staging boxes off near the walkway leading to the exit and she happened to be a little distance behind me and when I went to turn around / back out to leave the box she did a quick / random head turn (like in a 180 motion).

- Lastly, as I mentioned, I work in a warehouse and we move around a lot, and I noticed that when she sees me when she’s talking to other guy coworkers they both turn and blatantly stare in my direction.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most likely: she is attracted to you and keeps placing herself around you so you strike up a conversation with her. If she’s good looking I’d say go for it.

Less likely: she’s just bat-sh1t crazy and has one of those creepy stares some women have that makes you get ready for an ice pick through the eye.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
OP is there a reason you haven't spoken to her? Just be friendly and strike up some normal office small talk. It's not rocket science

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's called proximity. She is doing what she assumes are very strong and obvious signals to you that she is interested and is probably thinking to herself "What do I have to do to get this guy to talk to me??"

I had this happen when I was out with my buddy at the club one night. We were up at the front bar just hanging out and this very hot girl and her friend walk by. I said "Hello" very loudly and she turned and smiled and said "Hi" to me and kept walking.

After a while my friend and I went to the middle room and then I noticed everytime we went somewhere her and her friend were near us. I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't do anything. We were standing along the wall talking and laughing and her friend came up and kind of made fun of how we were laughing and then went back to her friend. We looked at each other and started laughing even harder...a few minutes later I went to go to the bathroom and I noticed the girl I said Hello to earlier waa standing by the bathroom, I assume waiting for her friend to come out...so I walked up to her and said "Is your friend always that rude?" and smirked at her...and she laughed and apologized for her and we got to talking and her friend came out of the bathroom and I waved my friend over and then we ended up having a really fun time with them for the rest of the night...and after we left the club.

Moral of the story is that if you notice a woman who is constantly nearby and giving you a lot of eye contact it most likely means she is doing what she considers clear and obvious signals of interest that you should understand and act on.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could offer input of why a female coworker (who I don’t know / never interacted with) reacts this way towards me (Age: early 20s):

- When I’m distracted by something at work (e.g. talking to a coworker buddy) she’ll either stare me down hard, even to the point where it looks like she’s glaring at me or sometimes I catch her staring at me from a distance out the corner of her eye.

- She’s always around — e.g. she works on the shift before me, but always stays over on my shift. Also, when I’m away from my friend group she always goes to the lane I’m at and seems to follow me around (I’ve intentionally left an area to test this).

- She acts strange when I’m close. For example, with working in a warehouse we move around a lot, and if I’m close and our eyes coincidentally meet her eyes get really big. Also, one time I was staging boxes off near the walkway leading to the exit and she happened to be a little distance behind me and when I went to turn around / back out to leave the box she did a quick / random head turn (like in a 180 motion).

- Lastly, as I mentioned, I work in a warehouse and we move around a lot, and I noticed that when she sees me when she’s talking to other guy coworkers they both turn and blatantly stare in my direction.
Invite her out for a drink and when the two of you are alone together, get close and escalate.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone started rumors about you possibly? Because honestly that sounds kinda weird. Especially where she's talking to male coworkers and they all turn and stare in your direction.

LGomes23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone started rumors about you possibly? Because honestly that sounds kinda weird. Especially where she's talking to male coworkers and they all turn and stare in your direction.
No — at least not that I’m aware of, as I only talk to my friend group at work unless someone comes up and asks me something. Plus, she’s not even on my shift, but the one before me, so we don’t even interact with the same crowds. And yes, it is quite strange and it happens often. For instance, they’ll be talking like anyone else (facing each other), and if she sees me they’ll angle the bodies in the direction I’m in and stare — one time I was making my way down a conveyor belt pushing boxes and didn’t even notice she was there, and by the time I made it at the end as I looked up they were staring at me head on. Also — and I hate bringing these topics up —, I’m a different race from the girl (I think she’s Hispanic, but I don’t know as I don’t know her) — I’m AA (black) — and every time this sort of situation happens the guy she’s talking to is always also black.

sph21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a different race from the girl
Race is not a problem.

As David DeAngelo always says, attraction is not a choice. If she's attracted to you, she won't be able to resist it.

It's true what other members had written. She's trying to get your attention by being near you. It's an absolute sure sign that a girl is attracted to you. We want to get close to the ones we like and to get as far away from the ones we don't like. If you want to know more about this, a book from Leil Lowndes, Undercover Sex Signals is what you want to read.

Women are usually waiting for a man to make the next move as she is actively giving you IOIs.

Ask her questions and be casual about it. Do not ask her why she put herself near you.

Ask for her name and after some talking, ask for her phone number and ask her to hangout together sometime.

You have to keep escalating. Do not let her stay too long in her current state. Consider it as playing an RPG. You always want to level up your character because your enemy is always harder. In case of women's attraction, your enemy is her boredom towards your inaction.

As Pook once wrote, rejection is better than regret. If you're being rejected by asking her to hangout with you, you save yourself some time of trying analyze her actions just to determine what action you should take next. If she says yes, then congrats. It's gonna be easier to take it to the next level if her attraction level is strong enough.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called proximity. She is doing what she assumes are very strong and obvious signals to you that she is interested and is probably thinking to herself "What do I have to do to get this guy to talk to me??"

I had this happen when I was out with my buddy at the club one night. We were up at the front bar just hanging out and this very hot girl and her friend walk by. I said "Hello" very loudly and she turned and smiled and said "Hi" to me and kept walking.

After a while my friend and I went to the middle room and then I noticed everytime we went somewhere her and her friend were near us. I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't do anything. We were standing along the wall talking and laughing and her friend came up and kind of made fun of how we were laughing and then went back to her friend. We looked at each other and started laughing even harder...a few minutes later I went to go to the bathroom and I noticed the girl I said Hello to earlier waa standing by the bathroom, I assume waiting for her friend to come out...so I walked up to her and said "Is your friend always that rude?" and smirked at her...and she laughed and apologized for her and we got to talking and her friend came out of the bathroom and I waved my friend over and then we ended up having a really fun time with them for the rest of the night...and after we left the club.

Moral of the story is that if you notice a woman who is constantly nearby and giving you a lot of eye contact it most likely means she is doing what she considers clear and obvious signals of interest that you should understand and act on.
I had this happen in a hotel bar. Made eye contact with her as I entered and she answered a call just as I came within hearing distance. I ignored he while she was on the phone but felt her gaze and could see her watching me as I talked to people around me. When she finished her phone convo I engaged her from my barstool and invited her to join me and my friends. Long story short, spent the next two nights in her hotel room.

LGomes23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of good advice in hear — it’s greatly appreciated. One last thing, can any offer input on this scenario (?) — I was stagging boxes a few days back and when I went to take my pallet jack from under the box and turned around to head back to my station she was behind me and as I turned she twisted her head quickly (e.g. in a 180 motion). What could be the reason for this?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

She either is swallowing you or #next

Not doing it right.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me speak to the elephant in the room.

For you to be posting this incident on a forum like this means I think you know what you think it means.

What you’re really asking is what should you do about it and this is because you don’t know what to do about it.

If you don’t talk to her, nothing will happen.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of good advice in hear — it’s greatly appreciated. One last thing, can any offer input on this scenario (?) — I was stagging boxes a few days back and when I went to take my pallet jack from under the box and turned around to head back to my station she was behind me and as I turned she twisted her head quickly (e.g. in a 180 motion). What could be the reason for this?
Maybe she was checking you out. But until you make a move you can only guess what her intentions are. And if you don't make a move quickly, she WILL lose interest.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
No — at least not that I’m aware of, as I only talk to my friend group at work unless someone comes up and asks me something. Plus, she’s not even on my shift, but the one before me, so we don’t even interact with the same crowds. And yes, it is quite strange and it happens often. For instance, they’ll be talking like anyone else (facing each other), and if she sees me they’ll angle the bodies in the direction I’m in and stare — one time I was making my way down a conveyor belt pushing boxes and didn’t even notice she was there, and by the time I made it at the end as I looked up they were staring at me head on. Also — and I hate bringing these topics up —, I’m a different race from the girl (I think she’s Hispanic, but I don’t know as I don’t know her) — I’m AA (black) — and every time this sort of situation happens the guy she’s talking to is always also black.
Yeah the way you're writing it out sounds like this is not a "good thing". I mean, they blatantly turn your direction and just stare? Like what the hell lol.

LGomes23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah the way you're writing it out sounds like this is not a "good thing". I mean, they blatantly turn your direction and just stare? Like what the hell lol.
Yeah, I’m a little thrown off when this happens. But they don’t face me straight on, instead it’s like they’ll angle themselves in my direction and look to the point I’ll know it’s directed towards me. But like I said, these folks aren’t even on my shift so I don’t even really have any interaction w/ them, I primarily only notice the girls actions because:

(1) if the action is blatant like the example you quoted

or

2) as I mentioned she stays over almost everyday on me and my groups shift.

Another example of odd behavior is this recent example — the other day at work I was w/ one of buddies at a little station where it’s a lot of traffic (lifting and moving boxes), but he left to take care of something and as we were standing around waiting for a guy to reload the pallet with boxes, I had that sensation when you can feel someone staring, and as I glanced over it was her staring me down, but I began scanning for the guy so that I can resume working and then next thing I know she’s cutting over into our station w/ her cart and she sat there for like a minute fiddling with the cart. Mind you, as I mentioned, this station while not big is very busy / congested, but she did this instead opting for the route most people take.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a little thrown off when this happens. But they don’t face me straight on, instead it’s like they’ll angle themselves in my direction and look to the point I’ll know it’s directed towards me. But like I said, these folks aren’t even on my shift so I don’t even really have any interaction w/ them, I primarily only notice the girls actions because:

(1) if the action is blatant like the example you quoted

or

2) as I mentioned she stays over almost everyday on me and my groups shift.

Another example of odd behavior is this recent example — the other day at work I was w/ one of buddies at a little station where it’s a lot of traffic (lifting and moving boxes), but he left to take care of something and as we were standing around waiting for a guy to reload the pallet with boxes, I had that sensation when you can feel someone staring, and as I glanced over it was her staring me down, but I began scanning for the guy so that I can resume working and then next thing I know she’s cutting over into our station w/ her cart and she sat there for like a minute fiddling with the cart. Mind you, as I mentioned, this station while not big is very busy / congested, but she did this instead opting for the route most people take.
I would say man, at some point or another you just have to talk to her. I mean if you're running into her often and seeing her alot, it only makes sense to say hi. I understand you're probably working though so maybe can't be distracted but I believe that's the only way to find out what's going on with that.

Real question is, do you find yourself attracted to her?

Real simple way I would appraoch her personally is go up to her like "hey i've been noticing you around here alot. are you in <department>?" "Oh that's cool, yeah nah, my names <NAME> just thought I'd say hi since i seen you around often. " ..

basically small talk. it really all depends on what she says and how she responds but breaking the ice is always first. no rush for anything in these typ eof environments/situations.