Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help! I'm addicted...

J.T.

Don Juan
Reaction score
...to sugar, salt, and grease! I can't stop myself from eating processed junk food, or what I like to call "filth". I can hold out for a few days, but then I always hit it up again.

Fortunately, I don't suffer from being over weight, but I have been experiencing other adverse health consequences because of it such as lowered stamina, high blood pressure, and a pastey complexion, and it probably contributes to my bouts of depression and erratic sleeping patterns. I'm also concerned about future effects on my health.

So how do I kick that habit of walking over to the local 7-11 everyday for my fix of filth?

Your input is appreciated!

- J.T.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god, please change your user name. My name is JT, and seeing someone else by that name is creepy.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

What did it for me was when I decided to fast for a week. Yeah it was pretty drastic but after eating nothing but fast food all through college I needed to do something.

After I came off the fast I only ate at home, and pretty much broke my habit of stopping off at the McDonalds after work. I lost 60 pounds, not from some fad diet but from coming off the trans-fatty glop and eating good old fashioned food.

Not that I recommend fasting for you, but the point is: That food isnt flying in from the West somewhere and landing in your lap. If its a habit then find some way of changing it, like buying a magazine the next time you find yourself in a 7-11.

Last edited:

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come everyone loses weight when they drop the fast food, and I didn't?

Back in late august I dropped fast food considerably. I gave myself a cheat day every week but during the week I barely ate any junk, if any. I lost maybe 5-10 pounds until December, while playing football (lots of cardio) and eating right. When I got off football and went back to weight training, I gained a couple of pounds. I'm guessing it's muscle but it still pisses me off that I didn't lose much weight.

Anyway, for me it's just willpower and seeign what I wanted to accomplish, so I guess it works only if you have goals like I did.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, buddy, don't listen to the scale, listen to the mirror. If you gain weight in muscle you look gooder. And your diet was working! If you stop, maybe it won't work any more?

FekTraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont really have to give up junk food then, it sounds like you have good enough genetics that they dont make fat...unlike myself and most other human beings...i would just change what you eat, ie, sunchips and baked lays instead of cheetos, or whatever else it is that you take in

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fred,

Muscle weighs 3 times as much as fat, so the weight you gained was probably muscle. As long as you like the way you look, then forget how much you weigh.

Dognuts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I just make myself a lunch everyday and eat that. I am a skinny basta*d, but I usually pack about 6-8 sandwiches per day, thus I eat very healthy and I'm never hungry, so I never have a need for fast food. It saves you a crapload of money too. I'm talking 50-75 bucks a week. Add it up.

It's all good!

Don Juan
Reaction score
The way to motivate yourself to quit eating junk food is the way I did it. I said to myself "I'm sick of being a fat pig, and this junk food is the top reason that i'm fat." Whenever you start to reach for that junk food, think "Hmmm... would I rather be in good shape and look good or have a doughnut?" Which pleasure will last longer? You can do it, remember, You are THE MAN!