"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Hello! New to the board

Taio

New Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Iowa City, IA
Hey, everyone! I'm delurking after having read a number of the archived threads and finding them to my liking.

As for background information, I'm 18 years old and TREMENDOUSLY EXCITED to be going off to school in under a week - I'm finally free of the constraints of high school dating, and I think I'm going to take to the real world just fine. Over the last year or so, I've really come out of my shell - I lost 80 pounds, took up wrestling and judo, and really sharpened my social skills.

So that's me in a nutshell... If you like, tell me something about yourselves. See you round the board!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
I like men. Er...I mean...damn let that slip.

haha jp.

Welcome to the board. I'm from NY. I lost 42 lbs. I took up tennis and kick ass at it. I am a big music buff. I don't really like men. And currently, my old oneitis is maybe trying to mess with my head. But I'm not gonna think much about it.

Have a nice life.
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
Hi! My name is Michael. I'm a reformed AFC.

I just got my first date today and i'm just about to go. I'm pretty nervous.

I'm from Manila, Philippines. I recently gained 45 lbs from 118lbs to 165 maintaining 11% b/f in 16 months. Cleared my skin and ready to practice & sharpen my social skills. I'll see you around. :)
 

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
1,910
Reaction score
22
Location
California
Welcome bro. i love bein here. i go here like 5 times everyday!! These guys are great and so are their stories!
 

Taio

New Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Iowa City, IA
Pleased to meet you, gentlemen! I don't know if I'll be a heavy poster, but I'll be sure to do field reports and share any ideas I have.

By the way, does Pook still post around here? He seems to have a big following. :)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Pook does occasionally come out from the shadows, but regardless, there are more then just them that have something worth listening to.

Do yourself a favor to prevent flaming, and ask all the 'newbie' questions in this thread... ;)

Basically I went from a completely and utterly shy computer nerd... to now, basically two years later and people hardly recognize me from before just with the way I carry myself, I am still not an 'expert pua' or whatever the ƒuck you wanna call it... but I at least can 'pull' my own weight.
 

Skatanic

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Taio, I want to congratulate you on losing 80 pounds. That's an awesome achievement, and that has got to give you a massive confidence boost. When you get down just think of how far you've already come.

It's good that you're excited. It'll get you motivated to read some more of this stuff.

While you're excited and motivated, get out there and meet some people.

Oh, and read most of the stuff in the bible a few times. I know it takes time to read the bible just once, but it doesn't fully sink in unless you go through it again and again.
 

Taio

New Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Iowa City, IA
I've been through the bible a bunch of times, so I'm probably not going to get flamed. Thanks for the warm welcomes, though. :)
 

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Hey man, welcome!

At the moment, i'm trying to gain the weight! Only 140lbs right now but its getting better. I've started drumming again and I enjoy jiu-jitsu and boxing. I am also looking forward to college, which starts in a month!

Cyas around!
 

Dherios

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Welcome Taio.

Not a heavy poster myself but I often read posts. Will not say much about me 'cause I'm in the middle of some huge reforming. Don't know how I will end up...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top