Healthy snacks for College/University studen

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been meaning to make this post for a while... Ive found myself trapped in the 3 square meals a day mode.. i usually skip breakfast, because im always so tired, and just wkae up and go to class, i end up eating at 12--5-10. I know i should be eating 8 tiny meals, and im going to look into upping my protein intake. My question is for people who have already been through this dilema in their life, and if they have any tips for healthy snacks you could prepare/bring to class.

I have space for a drawer of food, but it usally goes bad fast.. and very limited refrigerator space... please list some healthy snacks i could buy or prepare

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating 8 meals is HARD, make things easy for yourself! You don't get much more from eating that frequently!

I got stuck into trying to do everything perfect and all I got was no where.

First of all... EAT BREAKFAST. That and the post workout meal are essential and the 2 most important meals of the day.

Aim to eat 4 solid meals and 2 snacks.

Snacks can be protein bars, meal replacements, fruit, chicken sandwiches etc etc..... You can even make your own oat flapjacks with some protein mixed in them in bulk and eat them. Just ensure you have some good carbs and protein in each one!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agree on the eating breakfast thing. it's imperative no matter what your goals are.

all I can say is - prepare in advance! sandwiches are your friend; accompany these with a protein drink if you're not eating enough meat. another option (as well as the bars and flapjacks mentioned) is drinking your meals: 2-3 scoops whey, 3-4 whole eggs, maybe some peanut butter in there. make up the shakes in advance and take them to school with you.

persevere, get into a routine of bulk preparing food and it'll get easier..

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For breakfast I eat oatmeal and a couple of hard-boiled eggs. The eggs can be microwaved to be cooked, and I microwave my oatmeal every morning. I eat the oatmeal and eggs in under 10 miniutes every day and that includes doing dishes.

I like having a scoop of peanut butter with raisins stuck all over it as a snack.

Also sunmaid has unsweetened dehydrated fruit that stays good for a few weeks in the bag if kept in a fridge.

I like to have a half of a peanut butter sanwich about a half hour before each workout which keeps me from getting really hungry while exercising.

If you like nuts, they're an easy, lost-lasting, healthy snack.

If you've got room in your fridge for a block of cheese, slicing off a chunk and scarfing it down can take the edge off your hunger.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Protien Bars (the kind without a buttload of sugar) are all good choices.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
WBA when u say include 3-4 whole eggs in your shake, what do u mean by that? just cracking the eggs on the side, and pooring the whole thing in?
that would be it!