Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Healthy Gums

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody would know anything about this?

My gums keep receding higher and higher. At this rate I'll have serious problems within a year or two and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm still young (early 20's), healthy with a good diet, brush and floss regularly, don't really get cavities, and get regular checkups at the dentist. I've also tried brushing more gently and with a soft toothbrush, but nothing seems to make a difference.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to recover lost tissue, but any tips on what I can try to at least slow down the decline? I have no idea what's causing it.

kabatura

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its time to go to the dentist, my gums were receding and they just told me to brush lighter, Ill see what they say in six months but hopefully thatll do it. You don't want your teeth to fall out!

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my problem. I've been to the dentist plenty of times since the problem started and all they can really say is floss and brush gently.

I'm wondering if there's anything else that could be causing it, like diet, or anything else, because I don't really see how I can brush any gentler.

kabatura

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have much faith in dentists. Oral surgeions, orthodontist (the braces people), they are good to go, but it seems like regular teeth checking dentists dont really do much. I got these anti cavity coating once, I can't think of the name of them was right now, but the idea was that it would protect those teeth from getting cavities. Well the result was that I got a cavity in 3 out of four of the teeth with the coverings, complete scam. And the one time I actually flossed for six months, and was I proud! they told me I had some black stuff in between my teeth, like decay, I had never had black stuff in between my teeth before, so no flossing for me.

But Im sure there are some good dentists out there that actually know what they are doing and want to educate people.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my actual dentist is pretty skilled, but he doesn't talk to me much unless I actually need something done, and I usually have no cavities. The hygienists don't know too much though.

But yeah, it seems you can't win sometimes. I've seen people with what looks like a perfect set of gums, and judging from the plaque and their breath, they don't even take good care of their mouth.