Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Headed to New Orleans, what should I check out?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here been? Going in a few days and will be bumping around down south for a bit. Wondering if there are some spots in New Orleans worth checking out.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cafe Beignet. Jackson Square. French Quarter. Cemetery. Aquarium. Hurricanes. Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager. Red beans & rice. Pirate house. Jazz. Mississippi River tour. Swamp boat. Alligator.
Yeah a friend of mine mentioned a few of those, even the alligator. Also some place called Cafe Du monde

Go out late at night into the bayous and look for a Rougarou
giphy (1).gif

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fun city.

Very sketchy around bourbon street, but getting past that and more into the french quarter was cool. Every restaurant was absolutely bomb and the atmosphere was fun. Looking past the crackheads littered about it was actually fairly quaint. Found some locals to recommended jazz clubs. Girls were few and pretty meh. Drank Hurricanes and hand grenades. Saw some graves, drank some coffee. Did not see gators or Rougarou, but did eat some.
7/10

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Port of Call restaurant on Esplanade & Dauphine; make sure to get its famous c0cktail the Neptune Monsoon. Also the Rock 'N' Bowl on South Carrollton. And the World War II Museum. The Lower 9th Ward and adjacent St. Bernard Parish, which was Ground Zero for Hurricane Katrina (yes, it's all cleaned up now, but you can see the jack-o-lattern effect of so many houses gone). And Oak Alley & Whitney plantations up the river, the latter of which has this art exhibit: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

web1_TRAVEL_UST-LOUISIANA-PLANTATION_1_MS.jpg

Last edited:

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Port of Call restaurant on Esplanade & Dauphine; make sure to get its famous c0cktail the Neptune Monsoon. Also the Rock 'N' Bowl on South Carrollton. And the World War II Museum. The Lower 9th Ward and adjacent St. Bernard Parish, which was Ground Zero for Hurricane Katrina (yes, it's all cleaned up now, but you can see the jack-o-lattern effect of so many houses gone). And Oak Alley & Whitney plantations up the river, the latter of which has this art exhibit: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm back home now, but I'm rallying some guys to go there over the summer. I tried to get to the WW2 museum, but couldn't find the time (and it costs minimum 40 bucks!) I think I stumbled into the lower 9th ward while trying to get to musicians village, can't say for sure since it was nighttime and I was boozing.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back home now, but I'm rallying some guys to go there over the summer. I tried to get to the WW2 museum, but couldn't find the time (and it costs minimum 40 bucks!) I think I stumbled into the lower 9th ward while trying to get to musicians village, can't say for sure since it was nighttime and I was boozing.
The Musician's Village is in the Upper 9th Ward (the Industrial Canal divides the ward); while it got some flooding, it was nothing like the +12' NGVT flood in the Lower (where a lot of houses were negative NGVT).

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Musician's Village is in the Upper 9th Ward (the Industrial Canal divides the ward); while it got some flooding, it was nothing like the +12' NGVT flood in the Lower (where a lot of houses were negative NGVT).
I'll be sure to check it out once I go back. There are a few other spots I wanted to see, but trekking mostly solo to a lot of places was a bit daunting.