Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HB who previously turned me down acting strangely

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am.

I’m not talking about whether or not “social proof” works or not. I know it can be effective. I’m just talking about circumstances where it doesn’t always work for a guy.

Think it through for a minute.

Generally speaking, social proof is effective because other women get a certain impression of a man who is with other attractive women.

What exactly leads to that impression? I can tell you that it is not simply because they share the same air by standing next to each other.

Women often have a tendency to want what other women have; what other women are interested in. They feed off of the interest other women are showing in that man.

When you have a woman who LJBFs you, does not flirt and is not working to set you up, you will not have a woman displaying the very interest in a man that other women glean off of, which is what “social proof” is supposed to do.

Women are not intrigued by a display of platonic friendship.
That platonic friendship is greater than nothing at all, and it’s incredibly hard to discern the difference between a sexual relationship and a platonic one by just looking at someone unless it’s blatantly obvious based off say how a woman is laughing or smiling or whatever. But that’s relatively rare to just HAPPEN to find at the right moment. Being friendzoned is still better than being lnsidered a creep no matter how you put it.

We can agree to disagree.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That platonic friendship is greater than nothing at all, and it’s incredibly hard to discern the difference between a sexual relationship and a platonic one by just looking at someone unless it’s blatantly obvious based off say how a woman is laughing or smiling or whatever. But that’s relatively rare to just HAPPEN to find at the right moment. Being friendzoned is still better than being lnsidered a creep no matter how you put it.

We can agree to disagree.
Don't forget how well tuned women are in covert communication. To women this stuff is very obvious, to a man it might not be as obvious if he's not very well tuned in this area so i'd argue that they know very fast what kind of interest the woman in question has for the man by millions of different cues.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget how well tuned women are in covert communication. To women this stuff is very obvious, to a man it might not be as obvious if he's not very well tuned in this area so i'd argue that they know very fast what kind of interest the woman in question has for the man by millions of different cues.
*Yawn*

Bro it’s olhonestly pathetic how much you guys overestimate women. They might pick up on some smaller things that most men wouldn’t, but it’s only because men don’t care lol. If a man were to care, he can easily outdo any and all women in this regard. I have such awareness and that’s why I know most women aren’t all that socially apt, they’re just more socially receptive (once you get past the initial ***** shield that is). That’s the difference.

The ONLY women who are a league above the rest in this are the ones at the very top of the social hierarchy, and even these can’t compete with a real man who’s aware of all the bs.
This is only true when a man usually gets nothing at all. I would hope no man would think like that.

I would even go so far to say that platonic relations with women can sometimes have the opposite effect of “social proof”. It can lead a woman to wonder why the female(s) the man is with don’t “want” him. They can wonder what’s wrong rather than what’s right.
But the point being, HOW does she know whether you ‘get nothing’ or not? If there’s a bunch of dudes who are standing around awkwardly somewhere, and you’re only guy with a group of friends who happens to have girls in said friendgroup, then (if all else is equal) your social status is immediately higher than all of those other guys even if the chick you are talking to has friendzoned you. Those dudes can continue thinking that they’re ‘more alpha’ than you while standing around awkwardly twiddling their thumbs while all the other women see you talking to a hot chick having a completely normal conversation. Like I said before:
For the majority of guys, it’ll up their social status a lot. Especially in the eyes of women who are of lower status/looks than the women said man is with.
Women who are of higher social caliber might be able to see through some of the stuff or note that you may have even ‘friendzoned’ but only if you’re a wuss like I said. If you aren’t a wuss, no, they’ll actually look at you as a real dude regardless, not to mention, ou liekly would never have gotten friendzoned to begin with.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't think for a second she regrets her decision and wants you back. She really doesn't.

This whole game is to get your attention and make her feel good about herself. You demonstrated that you have moved on and have found a new girl, if you pay attention to girl A you confirm to her that she is better than your current choice girl B.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well well. Nothing ever comes easy, does it? Over the past few days:

B has barely texted me. We slept together a few times over the weekend and to my knowledge, there weren't any issues. But throughout this week, I've barely heard from B when she would typically ping my phone several times a day. I don't have the time to chase, so for over two days there was radio silence from both sides. I sent her a brief text today, and she says we will "possibly" see each other the weekend. I put the ball in her court and left it at that.

Meanwhile, I ran into a flirty A at work today. I brushed it off since I concluded she wants my attention again - until she asked if we can get drinks on a weeknight next week. I gave a non-committal response ("I'll let you know if I'm free"), but if B continues to distance herself, maybe A is in the right place at the right time.

What I think: B has begin talking to or seeing another guy ("begun" because we've stayed over every weekend for over a month and she tagged me on social media last week). She and I aren't exclusive yet, so it's fair game but still disappointing since we've been hooking up regularly. As for A, I believe it's all a ruse. She's waiting for me to say yes, only to tell me she's "busy," making it look like I chased. I'm not falling for that trick. The only way I consider seeing A is if B ghosts me or tells me she's moving on AND A calls me on the day of asking to meet up.

I'm going to brush off the possibility that A DMed B on Instagram lying about me and that has caused the reduced contact, but who knows.

Last edited: