"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Having dreams about my ex gf? wtf!!

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
It has been about 6 months since I broke it off with my girl friend and for some strange reason I just started having dreams about her.

I've dated other women and been very busy with work since that time. I also know that this girl isn't going to come running back to me and I have no intention of even sending her an email. We are not even friends. I haven't seen her since I told her off.

These dreams have been very emotional and in some cases very symbolic of things- almost to the point where they are disturbing me. I wake up feeling as if I have done something wrong or made a huge mistake. This is not rational at all.

I just can't figure out why this girl is in my head again.

Anyone else have a problem like this?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
The girl is only a symbol. I am studying psychology.

Look at it this way: Someone who dreams hes with his girfriend and plans to go somewhere and never gets there because the way is blocked or too small might indicate someone doing poorly in bed.

Do NOT take your dreams for straight interpretation.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
it is not that I'm dreaming that the way is blocked. I'm dreaming that I'm with this girl again in a relationship. And that she has forgivin me...Which doesn't make any sense. In my dream I'm being a total AFC and I'm trying to make amends with her.

this is stupid.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Well Im just still a student so do not take what I will say for granted. Still based on what you said, one could say that " some link as been remade, you have been forgiven and you are trying to atone for something.

Does it remind you of something happening in your current situation? I know its borderline pop psychology though because I am not a psy yet.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Do you feel bad for 'telling her off' and now regret it - maybe this chapter in your life is not closed until you feel forgiven or make amends (thus the afc behavior) - you need closure!!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Dream what you may, but live how you must.

-Grey Fox
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
Originally posted by Grey Fox
Dream what you may, but live how you must.

-Grey Fox
i couldn't have said it better myself.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by MrBond_Age
Well Im just still a student so do not take what I will say for granted. Still based on what you said, one could say that " some link as been remade, you have been forgiven and you are trying to atone for something.

Does it remind you of something happening in your current situation? I know its borderline pop psychology though because I am not a psy yet.
I've been studying psych and I say that it's his subconscious saying that he has some unresolved issues with that relationship. Best thing he can do to resolve it is to go fvck her sister. :p
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
dreams are like an upside-down puzzle. you can put the pieces together, and they may fit, but you can never understand the message behind them.

psychologists (as far as they have come) cannot ever understand (at least not now) why we dream, and why what we dream is important.

dreams- dont worry about dreams man
dreams are just a way for your brain to cool off from the day (i.e. brain taking a shower)

dont sweat dreams
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
i bet it was a wet dream too.
no.. if it was I would be ok with it :)
 
Top