Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Having a life full of passion or having a family?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of the answers to the threads lately are: Be a great man, have focus, live a great life full of passion and abundance. It’s like the top theme in sosuave when any man has a problem with a woman.

Let me ask you this, would you rather:

1) Be a great man, have focus, live a great life full of passion and abundance but never get married / no wife / no children.
2) Be an average man, regular job, regular apartment, regular car, etc, and have wife and children.

Basically, whats more important: making your mark in this world, or biologically reproducing with a decent women?

HOOVERMEBABY

Don Juan
Reaction score
I choose both.I was married when I was 18 and had a daughter.When I retired from the Army at 38 I got a divorce (I divorced her) I have since been traveling the world and dating young women.I have no plans for future employment.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you find these to be mutually exclusive OP?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you find these to be mutually exclusive OP?
They are not.

I just think all the men on Sosuave would love to have kids, and even so a family. But the advice of the “top players” doesn’t jell with this type of thinking.

Heck, if I ever have a son, I would tell him “unless you want to be a medical professional, don’t worry about grades too much. Focus on your height, and get a decent girl pregnant between 24-28 and then focus on all the stuff Sosuave says to focus on. That stuff can always be done and you can always get rich. But your age and the girls fertility you can’t get back.”

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not.

I just think all the men on Sosuave would love to have kids, and even so a family. But the advice of the “top players” doesn’t jell with this type of thinking.

Heck, if I ever have a son, I would tell him “unless you want to be a medical professional, don’t worry about grades too much. Focus on your height, and get a decent girl pregnant between 24-28 and then focus on all the stuff Sosuave says to focus on. That stuff can always be done and you can always get rich. But your age and the girls fertility you can’t get back.”
Wtf are you saying. Focus on your height?

Elon Musk has a family. Trump has a family. Obama has a family. Bill Gates has a family.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A man should do what he feels is his life path. If you don't want kids or feel you'd be able to mold into the family man, the logical decision is to simply forgo on it all together. The reality is that the vast majority of men are not really all that exceptional and just do what everyone else does, which is get a certain level of education, get a job, eventually have a family, etc. They really don't have a passion for any of that and are simply just carrying out what they feel is their societal duty.

Most people, both men and women, are very boring and have no real passion for what they do, and there really isn't anything wrong with that for those people. However, there are some exceptional individuals who deep down know that life for them has something more to offer and because of this they go outside the mold. Think of a lot of fictional or biblical characters or even real life historical figures that are highly regarded as being exceptionally strong, noble, heroic, wise, etc. Many of these characters were often on a very lonely path that provided them with much in the way of challenges, both internal and external.

Think of real life people like Jesus or Gandhi, or fictional characters like Yoda or Obi Wan Kenobi. Hell, even people considered evil, such as Hitler or Stalin, also had lives along such a path, albeit paths that took them towards a negative direction.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A man should do what he feels is his life path. If you don't want kids or feel you'd be able to mold into the family man, the logical decision is to simply forgo on it all together. The reality is that the vast majority of men are not really all that exceptional and just do what everyone else does, which is get a certain level of education, get a job, eventually have a family, etc. They really don't have a passion for any of that and are simply just carrying out what they feel is their societal duty.

Most people, both men and women, are very boring and have no real passion for what they do, and there really isn't anything wrong with that for those people. However, there are some exceptional individuals who deep down know that life for them has something more to offer and because of this they go outside the mold. Think of a lot of fictional or biblical characters or even real life historical figures that are highly regarded as being exceptionally strong, noble, heroic, wise, etc. Many of these characters were often on a very lonely path that provided them with much in the way of challenges, both internal and external.

Think of real life people like Jesus or Gandhi, or fictional characters like Yoda or Obi Wan Kenobi. Hell, even people considered evil, such as Hitler or Stalin, also had lives along such a path, albeit paths that took them towards a negative direction.
I'm on the path of the "lonely ones"

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I discussed this somewhat in an earlier thread of mine

Passing on your genes is important with a slight emphasis on having a boy

All males carry a unique Y chromosome that gets passed only from father to son

This genetic signature, like your surname, doesn't change and goes back thousands of years

Women only have two X chromosomes so they don't carry this information

You could have a signature associated with the Vikings, or Romans or Egyptians

Every man carries a lineage and a story, it would be a shame to throw it down the toilet

Trump

Banned
Reaction score

+1. Good post.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want kids and a family with a great woman, most importantly I just want to Ben happy in life with no worries or stress. I don’t mind how that’s achieved.

Designer Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're under 30 you shouldn't be thinking about kids yet. That's why members of SS arent talking about it. They're young and living life. Maybe one their mind will change and will want a child of their own to carry on their greatness.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
You could have children without maintaining a woman. surrogate mother. This eliminates all risk.
But I think most men actually want the woman too.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good question. I can can speak to it based on decades of dating and life experience.

Here's my take:

I chose #1. My business is my purpose and passion. I make my own rules and answer to no one. I make all decisions and live and die by them. I am totally responsible for all outcomes of my profession and life. I own my own business, never been married, no kids. I have 100% complete control over my life. I date many women, have had many LTRs, have s*ex with a lot of women. Sometimes I take a dating break and turn the faucet off and when I get horny or want to date again, I turn the faucet on. I built my business from my kitchen table to a multi-state, multi-employee operation. Starting a business and navigating it to profitability to provide for yourself is about the most difficult thing a person can do--period. I've been in business for 18 years now. I funded 100% myself and asked for and received zero help from anyone--no handouts, inheritance, partners--nothing. How many operations can match this track record? Every bit of profit I earned after providing for myself went back into the business. No fancy vacations, expensive cars, granite kitchen counter tops, or Viking appliances. You put it back into to your business if you want to stay in business.

The #2 path as defined by @Trump would be exponentially more difficult while also pursuing #1, that it borders on the impossible. It's a MLB pitcher throwing a no hitter or even a perfect game. Possible, but extremely rare. I know because I've had a ringside seat for almost 20 years. Some might say, "Yeah, but I know this guy who...bla bla bla." Great. If we peeled away the layers of the story he/she probably had help of some sort along the way. For example, POTUS Donald Trump received a $1,000,000 loan from his father, Fred, to start his RE business. Donald Trump essentially started with his foot already on third base, a HUGE advantage. Most business owners start in the dugout and strike out a ton before earning anything. It can take years of long hours, huge effort, and little profits.

If you want kids, marriage, material possessions, all that stuff, it's going to come at a cost and the cost is, in most cases, setting out and building your own venture and focusing on YOUR goals. You are now working for the "family" and not "you" and need to consider child rearing costs, eventual college costs, a "happy" wife (because we all know the serious matter and damages of divorce for men) and a STEADY CONSISTENT paycheck which almost always means working for someone else, a "company" and helping the company achieve it's goals, not yours. Some might argue, "Yes, but I have a high paying job etc etc." OK, then your definition of success if different than mine. You're ok with working for a company, having a boss tell you what to do, having a set schedule, dealing with office politics, having limited time off and vacation, and being at the mercy of your employer if they release or fire you for some reason. BUT, you get a "large" paycheck you essentially pour back into your "family." And for some it's ok. They sacrifice their goals for a family. The family is their goal, and that's ok if that's their driving force. Just understand it comes at a cost to you. This, folks, is option#2.

Women to me are a small scoop of mashed potatoes on my Thanksgiving dinner plate full of food. Just a small side dish and certainly not the main course. My goals, purpose, and passion are the "meat."

I'll take #1 100% of the time. Genes or no genes, the legacy I want to leave is what I build and influence. I want to answer to no one and do it my way. So in the end, I took no orders and lived life MY WAY.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the person really. Some people priorities are following passion and others might want to start a family. Do what's good for you.