Having a degree?

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beware of degrees. Most are useless and actually feed the machine.

A degree may get you more money at the start but the incurred debt must be weighed against the benefits.

One guy in our office is going for his masters. I asked him what it’s costing. He said he could just about buy a house.
There is no job that can make up that deficit.

Personally I would skip the degree and hire a mentor.
This.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well how it's going on for him from there?
He's doing pretty well. Has a part time job, and is interviewing for technical jobs as we speak. Unfortunately, it seems that the narrative that Universities push of you being hired as soon as you graduate from school is a lie lol.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that you should choose one of the two:
1.) A Degree that will enable you to get a job that pays some money(STEM)
or
2.) A well paying trade.

Personally, I'm going for option one. Considering that I'm already going to be in heavy debt, I'm not quite sure if getting a Master's is a good idea. On top of that, I had a handful of really rough semesters even though my GPA is salvaged now. So I doubt anyone would accept me anyways lol.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! guys thanks for sharing all of your thoughts ands it's very thoughtful and valuable information I have had.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
degrees will open doors for you that would otherwise not be open, but that's unfortunately just another part of the blue pill mentality at work in society if you ask me. Not to mention that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs never finished college, kinda nuf said there... although Bill Gates already came from a rich family.

Universities and the requirement for degrees have turned into scams. I have a friend that got an undergrad and then got an MBA after that. After spending ****loads of money on degrees, he's still making less than 50k a year and he's pushing 40. And this is a guy who is ambitious too.
No wayyy I'm making more $ than him.. At my currency at least. That speak a lot of sh!t load there.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or
2.) A well paying trade.

Personally, I'm going for option one. Considering that I'm already going to be in heavy debt, I'm not quite sure if getting a Master's is a good idea. On top of that, I had a handful of really rough semesters even though my GPA is salvaged now. So I doubt anyone would accept me anyways lol.
Yeap stem really pays well, but how does one without any related working experience go from there? Yikes, and I'm thinking it way more costly than conventional degrees.

BTW you sound regrets and personally would took stem degrees if you have a time machines that flies back from the future. It's okay mate I have done even worse.. Lol

AbleDad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a chemical-engineering degree from a top-tier university and an MBA from a mediocre school. I currently work with patents and make good money. For the last 30 years, my engineering degree has opened doors for me and given me instant credibility. Of course I still need to prove myself and perform, but life is so much easier when people assume that you have competence and trust you to work with them.

A weird analogy to having a worthy degree is being tall. I'm 6' 1" and I never realized that being tall was a big deal. Becoming red-pill aware in the last two years has attuned me to social value markers that I didn't really appreciate before.

Short answer, get your degree. You should always be building your value and your foundation starts with your education.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup like everyone here saying about stem and getting it from top schools, otherwise it aint worth it, and the problem is how's one without strong qualifications/related background get in there? Quite a puzzle really :lol:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not really about whether you need a degree, it's about finding a field you care about that uses your strengths and talents appropriately. Figure that out, then you can figure out whether you need a degree.

stormrider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My most useful degree is an mba specializing in project management. It automatically gets me into a management/administrative role in any field like construction, healthcare, it, business, etc.

Even without experience in a particular field, project management is one of those high income skills that can get you a 6 figure job in any city. You can even start your own consulting firm.

So my vote is learn a high income skill. And perhaps get some certifications to back it up. You don’t necessarily have to start as a freshman in college.

If you don’t already have a bachelors by the time you are 30, I wouldn’t recommend college.

Last edited:

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My most useful degree is an mba specializing in project management. It automatically gets me into a management/administrative role in any field like construction, healthcare, it, business, etc.

Even without experience in a particular field, project management is one of those high income skills that can get you a 6 figure job in any city. You can even start your own consulting firm.

So my vote is learn a high income skill. And perhaps get some certifications to back it up. You don’t necessarily have to start as a freshman in college.

If you don’t already have a bachelors by the time you are 30, I wouldn’t recommend college.
Sounds like a plan and difinitely will fit my current role. Will take a look on it. Thx mate. :up:

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
degrees will open doors for you that would otherwise not be open, but that's unfortunately just another part of the blue pill mentality at work in society if you ask me. Not to mention that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs never finished college, kinda nuf said there... although Bill Gates already came from a rich family.

Universities and the requirement for degrees have turned into scams. I have a friend that got an undergrad and then got an MBA after that. After spending ****loads of money on degrees, he's still making less than 50k a year and he's pushing 40. And this is a guy who is ambitious too.
Ambitious but not effective = Lame

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or
2.) A well paying trade.

I honestly never check a person's GPA when they come for an interview, and those I interviewed are normally for managerial positions or at the very least a consultant.

What I need is a man who has the right traits.

Bravery, ability to think out of the box, a go getter.

The rest is just noise and worthless to me.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly never check a person's GPA when they come for an interview, and those I interviewed are normally for managerial positions or at the very least a consultant.

What I need is a man who has the right traits.

Bravery, ability to think out of the box, a go getter.

The rest is just noise and worthless to me.
Yeah man when I was interviewing for my internship they didn't even ask for my GPA lol.

I'm applying for an IT Assistant Job soon.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man when I was interviewing for my internship they didn't even ask for my GPA lol.

I'm applying for an IT Assistant Job soon.
Make a name for urself there, and I mean make a mark.

Degrees is important to get you into a position but you're got to have the traits I mentioned above, otherwise you're just like one of the useless bums that hang around day in and day out complaining abt how busy and hardworking they are when all they actually do is just creating more work for themselves to be busy and thus justify them being there.

Don't be that guy.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make a name for urself there, and I mean make a mark.

Degrees is important to get you into a position but you're got to have the traits I mentioned above, otherwise you're just like one of the useless bums that hang around day in and day out complaining abt how busy and hardworking they are when all they actually do is just creating more work for themselves to be busy and thus justify them being there.

Don't be that guy.
I'll work my ass off.

When you're looking to hire someone, do you like to see clubs and leadership positions on the resume or should I only list my technical achievements?