Have you ever #close for a friend? My delimma

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the situation. I have a friend who met this girl a month ago. He didn't have the courage to ask her out. Yesterday I happen to bump into her. So I know a little about her from my friend. So I went up to her and open with "You are the girl that works at... " Then we talked a little bit and I mention about my friend to her. How he likes her but was too shy to ask her out. So I ask her for her number for him. I also told her that if my friend doesn't call her, I'll give her a call myself, leaving myself as an option. So here's my problem. I do like this girl. She is cute and sweet. But my friend saw her first. If I don't pass it to him, I would feel dishonorable. If I do, I feel regret. What would you do?

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swoop
Here is the situation. I have a friend who met this girl a month ago. He didn't have the courage to ask her out. Yesterday I happen to bump into her. So I know a little about her from my friend. So I went up to her and open with "You are the girl that works at... " Then we talked a little bit and I mention about my friend to her. How he likes her but was too shy to ask her out. So I ask her for her number for him. I also told her that if my friend doesn't call her, I'll give her a call myself, leaving myself as an option. So here's my problem. I do like this girl. She is cute and sweet. But my friend saw her first. If I don't pass it to him, I would feel dishonorable. If I do, I feel regret. What would you do?
Tell your friend: "Look, dude, I'll give you one week to get her number and ask her out yourself. If you don't, I'm moving in."

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just talk to your friend casualy and bring her up. See what he has to say about her and if hhe even REALLY cares about her or not. The if he doesnt, then just start texting her and talking to her on the phone & get closer to her etc.... Then by the time thigs start getting serious with you and her, your friend will be long obver her and probably wont mind that u went for her. But dont rush into anything, dont make ur friend feel that ur putting some chick before ur friendship with him, so DO NOT say things like "i'm gonna give u a week", because thats just wrong and thats something a friend doesnt do.

Laterz...

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
Just talk to your friend casualy and bring her up. See what he has to say about her and if hhe even REALLY cares about her or not. The if he doesnt, then just start texting her and talking to her on the phone & get closer to her etc.... Then by the time thigs start getting serious with you and her, your friend will be long obver her and probably wont mind that u went for her. But dont rush into anything, dont make ur friend feel that ur putting some chick before ur friendship with him, so DO NOT say things like "i'm gonna give u a week", because thats just wrong and thats something a friend doesnt do.

Laterz...
I am 100% certain my friend is still interested in her.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave it alone!

You both are putting ho before bro and it might just cost your friendship.

Your friend wants to go out with this chick and he asked you to get her number cause he didn't have the nerve to do it.

And you did for what? For your buddy.

Let your friend have this one.

And if it don't work out then asked if it's cool that you give it a try.

Personally I would just forget her because there are plenty of other hotter women then her.

But it all depends on your bud and how cool he is when it comes to woman.

To me it don't matter theres lots to go around and if I fail at one I don't mind if my buddy trys. and same goes for him

it all just depends but its always safe bet just to forget about her and find another girl especially if your friend is all AFC.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OneArmDeeJay

Your friend wants to go out with this chick and he asked you to get her number cause he didn't have the nerve to do it.

My friend never asked me to ask her. I did that on my own with the intention of getting the number for my friend (we both thought we'll never run into her again), but by chance I bump into her and approach. After the girl and I talked and I see she is cute and sweet. And so I told her I'll give her a call if my friend doesn't so she knows that I'm interested too. Of course I value my frienship, that's why I posted my feeling on this. I would feel dishonorable but at the same time, I feel regret. I already know what I plan to do but only offer this scenerio to see what others would do if they were in my shoes.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend never asked me to ask her. I did that on my own with the intention of getting the number for my friend (we both thought we'll never run into her again), but by chance I bump into her and approach. After the girl and I talked and I see she is cute and sweet. And so I told her I'll give her a call if my friend doesn't so she knows that I'm interested too. Of course I value my frienship, that's why I posted my feeling on this. I would feel dishonorable but at the same time, I feel regret. I already know what I plan to do but only offer this scenerio to see what others would do if they were in my shoes.
Oh my bad well,

I think you want to see what other do and view it so you won't feel bad.

Again what's to regret?

That you will miss this grand o’ opportunity to date a cute and sweet chick?

There are a billion other HOTTER girls out there.

If you feel it is wrong then that is a definitely a sign not to do it.

Always trust your gut.

And If you live by a code then live by it and stick to it.

BigMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a sort of similar situation and just kept the chick for myself...

He had no cell and used mine to get this girls #.

Long story short, she calls looking for him and realizes its me and starts with lots of interest towards me...He says I can keep her after hearing a voicemail.

Thats my boy right there! Would never have done it w/out his permission and he would never say no

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Say to her.....

"My friend wants to kiss you, like this."

Kiss her.

"My friend wants to slowly feel you up, like this."

Feel her up.

"My friend wants to make love to you, like this."

She'll say, "oooh, you're so big."

Say, "That's my friend!"
:)