Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Have You Considered a Vasectomy?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have bee thinking about getting a vasectomy for the last six months. I have had a few pregnancy scares in the past, including one with a woman who turned out to have both bipolar disorder and BPD. I dislike the probability of having a woman "own" me by refusing to have an abortion if she gets pregnant or the probability of a woman "trapping" me into a relationship. I like my freedom, independence and personal space.

Children cost about a quarter of a million dollars, not counting college tuition. I do not have the patience to deal with diapers, screams, diseases, school, doctor appointments, etc. OR the willingness to stay with the same woman for 18 years (or end up in a "baby mama" situation with shared visitation rights). In conclusion, I am considering a vasectomy so that I can have sex more freely (still using a condom, of course) without worrying about pregnancy or being tied down to a chick who may not be good for my well-being.

Have you had a vasectomy done? Have you considered it? All reasonable feedback is welcome.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting one in 2019, after freezing my sperm. I may or may not want children one day, but I would rather not have sex than have sex with a condom on and don't want any unplanned pregnancies or scares to result from that.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting one in 2019, after freezing my sperm. I may or may not want children one day, but I would rather not have sex than have sex with a condom on and don't want any unplanned pregnancies or scares to result from that.
Have you looked into the cost of freezing your sperm?

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm considering getting a vasectomy but I haven't looked into the cost. The thought of my boys going under the knife is a bit unsettling but the reward seems worthwhile. I already have a kid so I'm okay not having anymore but if I found the right woman I wouldn't be against having one more.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any idea the toll three vasectomies can have on a person?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is actually exactly what I would do if I were a man.

I'm not sure which is less expensive, freezing sperm, extracting sperm later, or reversal. But I would look into the cost of all three as a pro creation option. This is a great way to take your sexuality back into your own hands, and women love the guilt free option

R

Ranger

Have you had a vasectomy done? Have you considered it? All reasonable feedback is welcome.
Ues, I’ve had one done. I keep it to myself when with a woman. For no other reason than I don’t feel like commenting on it.

I have mixed emotions about it.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had mine 10yrs ago. It was $800 back then. Pretty simple and relatively painless procedure.

Sometimes I tell chics up front that I've had one and its definitely attractive to them. They love the freedom that comes with having a guy kum in them with next to no chance of pregnancy. I like it too!

Never had any regrets about it either. There was one girl that did make me question myself, but that thought subsided and I am glad.

In this day and age, I'd highly recommend one for the guy that wants to go out there and enjoy women! ;) You're more likely to get a girl pregnant than pick up an STD.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you looked into the cost of freezing your sperm?
I spent a while doing that now. There's pretty much three options you have.

Kids in your late 30s-early 40s:

1)* Vasectomy+vasectomy reversal+cvm in her. The reversal cost can vary wildly, but it can be no more than a couple or a few thousand $, it depends on where you do it. Like with #2, you could also fly and do it in a different country where it's cheaper to do. It becomes more cost effective compared to #2 the more years you plan to wait before having kids, and if you decide not to have kids and just not get a reversal, you won't have paid anything in vain.

* On second thought I think this is what I'll do, not freezing my sperm.

Kids at any age:

2) Freeze sperm+vasectomy+IUI (you can do other inseminations than IUI, but it's by far the cheapest). The cost per year for sperm storage varies by country, in mine it seems to be 335$. To save money, you can store the sperm in a different country where the storage cost is cheaper and flights are also cheap (you'll need inseminations after thawing some of the sperm, and flying there to do them will be cheaper than paying for shipping and home country storage). Because I plan to move to the other side of the planet saving costs through arbitrage isn't really an option for me, and I also don't know if I want kids at all to pay storage costs for in vain, and so I don't see me doing this.

Only really for kids during your mid-40s and older:

3) Vasectomy+sperm extraction+freeze sperm+IVF. This is the most expensive option, especially for multiple kids, and thus the only situation to do it in is if you got a vasectomy without first freezing your sperm but you then decide you want kids not in your late 30s or early 40s as in #1, but at an older age than that when the risk of birth defects from decline in sperm quality has become tangible. What you do then is extract sperm at an age before sperm quality starts declining, but later than if you had just frozen the sperm before getting a vasectomy in the first place as in option #2. Then you freeze the sperm, and store them to do IVF later in your older age.

Keep in mind when you freeze your sperm:

You'll still need a fertile woman, or more specifically her fertile eggs, in order to get kids. This means she has to be ideally younger than 35, they can have kids after that but fertility drops and the risk of birth defects starts climbing (my mom had me at 36 and my little brother at 40 and we're not too fvcked up lol). So ask yourself, are you really going to have kids with a woman younger than 35 when you're in your mid-late 40s, 50s or 60s? and especially when your intention to begin with was to probably not have kids at all? That's why I think I choose #1. And also, it's not necessarily so that your kids will be fvcked up just because you have them at a certain age, again my mother had us pretty late, so #1 can still work even beyond the "recommended" age.

Last edited:

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a vasectomy in April of 2015 and no regrets here. The procedure is not that long either. I was in and out in less than 2 hours. However, a lot of your reasons were my reasons as well. As long as you are 100%you do not want to have kids, it's worth it.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck no. I'm on TRT, which basically makes men sterile. Success rate of over 99%.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck no. I'm on TRT, which basically makes men sterile. Success rate of over 99%.
Oh yeah, good point. I'd actually planned to get a testosterone test soon, but hadn't considered that it works as a preventative measure to replace vasectomy. Don't really want to promote balding though, and another problem is getting a prescription for it at all when they don't consider you to need it.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I have bee thinking about getting a vasectomy for the last six months. I have had a few pregnancy scares in the past, including one with a woman who turned out to have both bipolar disorder and BPD.
Wow. She had both (1) bipolar disorder and (2) borderline personality disorder, yet she was good enough to have sex with? :rolleyes:

I dislike the probability of having a woman "own" me by refusing to have an abortion if she gets pregnant or the probability of a woman "trapping" me into a relationship.
I'll take a woman "owning" me and "trapping" me into a relationship if I liked her and got kids out of her, any day. :cool:

Children cost about a quarter of a million dollars, not counting college tuition.
No they don't. Who says they have to go to college?

I do not have the patience to deal with diapers, screams, diseases, school, doctor appointments, etc. OR the willingness to stay with the same woman for 18 years (or end up in a "baby mama" situation with shared visitation rights). In conclusion, I am considering a vasectomy so that I can have sex more freely (still using a condom, of course) without worrying about pregnancy or being tied down to a chick who may not be good for my well-being.
Troll thread. But what can you do.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. She had both (1) bipolar disorder and (2) borderline personality disorder, yet she was good enough to have sex with? :rolleyes:

I'll take a woman "owning" me and "trapping" me into a relationship if I liked her and got kids out of her, any day. :cool:

No they don't. Who says they have to go to college?

Troll thread. But what can you do.
How is it trolling to list very real consequences of having children? He's going to avoid the hassle with a vasectomy. Sounds like a good plan. What's with your glorification of having children? There are plenty of people on this planet. Too many really.