Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Have no direction with my career, advice needed

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I have the woman "thing" down pretty much. I do well in that area, but my career not so much...Which is where im looking for advice. By trade i am a computer programmer / website developer. Not a very good one though. Im learning to code and its very difficult for me as im having issues as time goes on. Im not good at math so that is out of the question as well. I am very into fitness but a personal trainer does not pay well. I am also a business owner (website design) but i only have one client. So money right now is not stable by any means and i am very low on money. - I am 34 years old, yes i know its a late start to find a new career but i know better later than never, right? Also i want to add i did not go to college, i took some courses and a coding bootcamp last year but did not graduate from an actual university. I am lost with my career / how to make money and looking for some guidance.

Crissco

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know that you are not alone. Things happen in life where a lot of guys your age are where you're at. I'm in your boat also.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know that you are not alone. Things happen in life where a lot of guys your age are where you're at. I'm in your boat also.
I know, but i feel i should be a lot further in life, its even ruining my relationship with my GF now, its understandable of course but things need to change on my end, big time. I can't even afford a damn beer to relax, its that bad for me right now

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, but i feel i should be a lot further in life, its even ruining my relationship with my GF now, its understandable of course but things need to change on my end, big time. I can't even afford a damn beer to relax, its that bad for me right now
I feel ya on that. I too should be a lot further in life. I am thinking of looking into crypto as @BackInTheGame78 suggests.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I invested in crypto back last year when i had unemployment, and my father is big in crypto, it's up and down, i can say that much. But im looking for something more stable, personally. I need guidance on my career choice more than anything. Everything else is just a side hustle for me at this time.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a good book on how to find your ideal career based on identifying your skills and interests. There’s one that stands out… I’ll have to look at the title later this morning. I have it. It’s good. I’ll let you know the title.
At any rate, pick one out on Amazon and PM me. I’ll buy it and have it sent to you if you like.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you, if you don't have a career, you don't have the woman thing down, or not down nearly as well as you could.

Having a career and a job are a much different experience, many men today will go without finding their career and the world has no issue with them slipping through the cracks.

Your purpose is your career, it comes before women and comes after women.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Are you passionate about software development/coding/engineering?

If not I suggest you find something else to do because you don't have much of a chance against all the ones who are.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a good book on how to find your ideal career based on identifying your skills and interests. There’s one that stands out… I’ll have to look at the title later this morning. I have it. It’s good. I’ll let you know the title.
At any rate, pick one out on Amazon and PM me. I’ll buy it and have it sent to you if you like.
I can't have you pay for it, i feel really bad to be honest. And honestly i have been doorddashing to pull in some money, made $90 today so pretty happy i have something in my account now. When you find the title PM me, i can look it up online to see if its free for kindle or if a can find the PDF online for free.

I'll tell you, if you don't have a career, you don't have the woman thing down, or not down nearly as well as you could.

Having a career and a job are a much different experience, many men today will go without finding their career and the world has no issue with them slipping through the cracks.

Your purpose is your career, it comes before women and comes after women.
Yes I agree, which is why im freaking out on the inside. Im definitely not getting any younger

Are you passionate about software development/coding/engineering?

If not I suggest you find something else to do because you don't have much of a chance against all the ones who are.
I go in phases, once i hit a problem i tend to give up as it gets difficult, honestly i just need to push through it and once certian areas start to click it will just flow. One thing is for sure, it gives me the lifestyle i want..Remote lifestyle, work from anywhere pretty much with the right company, good pay, good benefits.etc

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I can't have you pay for it, i feel really bad to be honest. And honestly i have been doorddashing to pull in some money, made $90 today so pretty happy i have something in my account now. When you find the title PM me, i can look it up online to see if its free for kindle or if a can find the PDF online for free.

Yes I agree, which is why im freaking out on the inside. Im definitely not getting any younger

I go in phases, once i hit a problem i tend to give up as it gets difficult, honestly i just need to push through it and once certian areas start to click it will just flow. One thing is for sure, it gives me the lifestyle i want..Remote lifestyle, work from anywhere pretty much with the right company, good pay, good benefits.etc
That's tough to be a good software engineer if you give up on problems...they make me energized and it's almost like I get an adrenaline rush once I have worked on something for a while and resolve the issues to get it working properly.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the women "thing" handled better than majority of people I know but still career is a big insecurity of mine. I tried the drop out of college/follow your passion/online coding bootcamp/freelance path before I realized it was a meme.

Leading me to tell lies about myself or avoid as much as possible conversations around what I do for a living. So I'll tell you a little about what I'm currently doing that may help set you on the right path.

1) Get a hospitality degree at a community college (I hate coding too (well anything with computers tbh). And anything that involves lots of talking (I'm an introvert. Knowing myself I'm good in "spurts." Unlike an extrovert who's always "on". I need and am comfortable in times where I'm just doing my work not talking to anybody (but because I can do the extrovert thing so well as an introvert, I get funny looks from true extroverts because they expect me to be always "on" like them too). This also factors into why I didnt want to pursue a bartending career).

2) pick something where your job title will not be something your embarrassed to tell girls and your parents what you do for a living.

3) something which puts you in an environment where there are plenty of hot girls around to game (no point in picking something where your surrounded by just men/ugly women. Then you'll have to resort to cold approach to get your knocks off).

But the fact still remains that females have very narrow horizons compared to men, and that they are typically incapable of conceptualizing of anything that exists beyond themselves and their immediate social circles.

[...]

Look up the Wikipedia pages of all the hottest female celebrities, and almost without exception they end up with people who, for whatever reason, happened to be around them at one time or other. These are the most attractive, most sought-after females on the planet, and instead of calling up Brad Pitt or Elon Musk or whoever they think is the highest-status man alive, they end up with whoever fate deems fit to throw next to them for five or ten minutes. Most of them end up with co-stars they happened to meet on set, or directors or producers, or even lowly cameramen and generic production people (or, if they are models, photographers). Natalie Portman, who is not only a gorgeous and talented actress, but even has a degree from Harvard, married her ballet instructor from that swan movie for christsake. Eva Green married, not even the star of Kingdom of Heaven, but some other unknown guy playing a secondary role. I could go on listing examples until the cows come home, but I hope you get my point. Even in the animal kingdom the females typically have far narrower horizons than the males, e.g. tigresses ruling over less than half the radius of a male, and so on, but in massive and massively complex human societies this phenomenon is exacerbated leading to guys like Michael Douglas wifing up some of the hottest women ever while many of the hottest women themselves end up with lame lowly ballet dancers just simply because they happened to be in the right place at the right time (which by the way is what daygame and much of game are all about).

you'll notice I make zero mention about money. Well this is me personally, but I never cared for expensive cars, expensive things etc All are means of impressing women. I just care about having women in my life and having enough money to do what I want (boxing, dressing and looking sexy) (which doesn't not require a ton of money.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Moving this to the top in case it gets too long to read.

To summarize TLDR:

1 - identify and acknowledge your weaknesses. Spend the proper time to improve these weaknesses. Mine took atleast 5 years just to get my weaknesses up to point where it wouldn't be considered a weakness. It took a few more years after that when some of my old weaknesses actually turned into strengths.

2 - Plan where you want to be. Map it out large steps at a time, and do what you need to to accomplish those steps. Some of the steps took me 5+ years and sometimes it feels pretty bad and hopeless along the journey but remember, you need to finish everything you start. If you keep at it, life will throw you a bone.

3 - You have to put in the work and finish what you start. No matter how dumb you look, how long it takes, how much fun everyone else is having, etc. Eat the ****. Acknowledge you need to keep eating the **** and finish what you start.

4 - stay humble. I started out so humble and life threw me many bones. Later on after accomplishing everything I've done, i've developed an arrogant like attitude. which I'm not proud of and am working on fixing.

I didn't realize my life had changed significantly until 7 years later. I had not only caught up to my friends but passed them during this time. Not significantly but I was making slightly more, traveled the world, and definitely more intelligent.

By 10 years, I leaped away from them completely where they almost feel like a different class of person. I'm hanging out will millionaires, tech start-up CEO's, everyone i know is extremely intelligent, I how more money than I know what to do with. I'm also the best in the industry at what I do, and my industry is booming under COVID environment so life is good. My friends are buying lambos, porsches, rolex's, $3m+ houses, etc. Life is good now, but it wasn't this way until the last few years. I literally ate **** for 7 years until things started to get significantly better from years 8-13.

---

Hey Bro, hope all is well. I remember we joined SS roughly around the same time around 10+ years ago. We are the same age as well.

I graduated with a 2.3 GPA, couldn't get any jobs during the recession and didn't have any skill sets. No money, couldn't afford dates, had girls pity me and take me out to pay for me, facing jail time for defending my friend when he got jumped, almost losing my job because of my pending case, and oweing $10k+. I understand how it feels but change does not happen overnight.

As someone who has turned their life around, traveled the world, made good money, has a good job that pays $300k+, a career in a field that i enjoy (gaming/blockchain), and now married with a wife and kid, dropping some advice here. I did all of this post SS discovery so a lot of my journey is blogged here.
---

I can't exactly tell you how to get there because there isn't exactly a path to follow but I can share my journey with you.

1.) First things first, you need to finish things you start. Giving up is not an option. I realized my grades were horrible and I couldn't get jobs that required writing or math/science because I never actually tried to learn those subjects. So while here on my SS journey, I spent years reading books. Years. I read hundreds of books, including all the ones I was supposed to read in highschool and college and i skipped, and many more. History, finance, science fiction, fantasy, philosophy, etc. I would read while walking to work in NYC and bump into people. I did this for years until it somehow improved my reading and writing. I hired tutors for math as well and spent a couple of years improving my basic math. I also spent all my money getting rid of my baggage which was my credit card debt, lawyer fees, and student loans.

My focus and interests vary all the time, and I always have a tendency to start things and not finish them. I definitely understand this feeling and i knew this to be another fault of mine so I made an effort to find ways to combat this by always returning to things I didn't finish. I would read 3 books at a time. I'd get bored of one and put it down and move on to another. When that one got boring, i'd switch to a 3rd book and finally when that got boring, i'd switch back to the first book. Rinse, wash, and repeat this until all 3 books were finished. hell, even video games, i would quit when i was a kid. I made it a point to keep playing it until I finished the games. Swapping some games out at times to maintain interest but always going back to finish.

Like any sport, skill, or anything in life, you need a solid foundation. I acknowledge mine was weak so I spent time fixing my foundation. I realized that I wouldn't be able to do anything well in my professional life if i didn't improve my weaknesses. My only strength was working hard, so instead of using it on sports, i migrated my focus to reading and learning.

2.) Learn to plan. I would plan out my end goal years in advance and start step by step. I didn't know how important of a skill this was. This was godsend for me and got me to where I am today. I literally thought I was a dumbass because of my bad grades, bad job, lack of intelligence, etc. But planning and executing plans can change everything.

I wanted to be successful and I already acknowledge it wasn't going to be through my math/science. My reading/writing was also weak but I might have a chance at improving those. After many months of trying to find a career path, I finally decided that sales might be the most logically way of me rising to the top. It was not the one I wanted, obviously. Everyone hates sales, I don't enjoy selling people or talking to people all that much and I was shy but I sure as hell wasn't going to wow people with my analytical skills.

So i spent years, slowly transitioning to sales. Improving my conversation skills, fear of talking to strangers, progressing my way into account management for 3 years and getting good at that, than moving into sales. Sales was extremely difficult and I didn't do great at first but i got better with time. Forcing myself to put in the work and deal with rejection/failure helped me improve. All the while I was reading, learning, and trying all the new things. Eventually, I got good at sales, very good at it.

I made this plan early in my twenties realizing that it seemed impossible. Work my way up to CEO level.

- fix my bad qualities and remove them as weaknesses (people actually think im smart as **** now and speak intelligently....lol)
- improve my conversation and persuasion skills
- get the experience I need. Basic analyst roles, account management, sales, management roles (boss), and slowly work my way up.

I somehow executed this over 10 years, without really thinking about it.

3.) eating the ****.

for my first 5 years on SS, I ate life's ****. rarely dated, rarely went out, almost never partied or had "fun". I stayed at home reading, doing homework to improve my math/science, failed at tens of projects and businesses I started. My friends thought I was weird but I didn't care, I wanted to be successful and fix my ****ty life. One of the worst feelings to me was my ex leaving me for a man that was better than me. I couldn't accept that. Not that it matters now, but imagine breaking up with your GF and seeing her with someone who is obviously better than you and you can't compete. Intelligence, status, wealth, life experiences, etc. That was not going to be me.

I recommend you do the dirty work and put in the time.