Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has this happened to any of you?

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
You start talking to someone on an online dating website, (i.e match.com)

Emails go really good, initial phonecall goes really good. The first date can run the gamut from being extremely successful (i.e F Close), downright awful (not even a hug goodbye), or somewhere in between.

My question is: Why do women start acting different after the first date? Is this a normal occurance? It seems that communication is great up until the first date and regardless of the first dates outcome it changes. It seems like they become real disinterested. It doesn't matter whether or not you communicate with them the next day or a week later.

Just was hoping for some feedback.

Thanks guys,

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I get the exact same thing. It seems like the first date outcome doesn't matter. It ranges from her running to her car to a long makeout session. The end result is the same: no returned calls or texts.

I don't know the answer.

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad someone else has encountered this. It's just interesting to hear other people say the same thing. I know there is another thread about flaking. I don't remember it ever being as bad as this. Even back in 2005-06, the last time I was single for a extended period of time. It seemed that there was always a good level of reciprocation, as one of my targets became my gf of almost two years. Now it seems like a rinse, wash, and repeat cycle. Crazy!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Considering how flaky they are with their ridiculously high standards, I think it's best to "go for broke" i.e. Push the first date as far as you can go.

Previously, I would meet them for a drink as a first date and take things slowly. This was because I believed the first date went well and assumed I would get to see her again. Plus I really am a gentleman at heart. The problem is that there may not be a second date.

Going forward, I'm going to meet them for a drink as usual, but then invite them to my place for a movie after. If she declines, next her. If she agrees, go for makeout at a minimum, possibly a full close.

Enough gentleman nice guy cr&p.

Road Warrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
CHICAGO27 said:

Emails go really good, initial phonecall goes really good. The first date can run the gamut from being extremely successful (i.e F Close), downright awful (not even a hug goodbye), or somewhere in between.

My question is: Why do women start acting different after the first date? Is this a normal occurance? It seems that communication is great up until the first date and regardless of the first dates outcome it changes. It seems like they become real disinterested. It doesn't matter whether or not you communicate with them the next day or a week later.

Thanks guys,

Wow, that describes perfectly what I have been noticing lately also. I recently had one make initial contact on me (was cute but no HB10). The emails went fine, then got her number. After several phone calls where "she was busy," I went NC, not worth the time. About two weeks later I get an email "I would like to meet if you are still interested, you have my number" Hesitantly, I call back several days later and we set up a time to meet. We meet, all seems to go well, but maybe I should have left sooner. We leave, no kiss, but I get the "maybe we can get together next weekend." I'm cool with that. The next morning, I get an almost rude email from her saying that there is no connection on both our parts. Like she is trying to speak for me!
If she was higher up on the HB scale, I would have called her on it. But this particular one is no longer worth my time.

It seems like, at least around in the area where I am from, the ones online are like HB 3-4's strutting around like they are 8-9's.They are also the type that will give up something good thinking they can get better, then reality sets in.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Considering how flaky they are with their ridiculously high standards, I think it's best to "go for broke" i.e. Push the first date as far as you can go.

Previously, I would meet them for a drink as a first date and take things slowly. This was because I believed the first date went well and assumed I would get to see her again. Plus I really am a gentleman at heart. The problem is that there may not be a second date.

Going forward, I'm going to meet them for a drink as usual, but then invite them to my place for a movie after. If she declines, next her. If she agrees, go for makeout at a minimum, possibly a full close.

Enough gentleman nice guy cr&p.
I always push them as far as I can go in the beginning. I let them know that I won't be clingy or attached, and discreet (no bragging) and gone as soon as she can say "Miscarriage." Had one yesterday messaging me to see her tonight or tomorrow (today) and I told her to come over to my house if she wants to do anything, bc I'm tired as fvck, had just gotten home from work, and need rest and "not necessarily in her brests.." I said that she'd have to be here within an hour (impossible) and to "rent a leer jet" to do it, bc otherwise I will have fallen asleep and will not answer the door. She shot back a fiery message about how she and her girlfriend are going out,k whatever, but then later she messaged, "LOL, this, LOL that.." so I guess we're back on good terms now. She was probably showing her gf my messages to her and they were probably contriving what to say back to me. Who knows? Anyway, I'll fvck em both if they want to come over tonight. They're late 20s. She's tall and thin, kind of lived the good rich life riding horses and sh!t.

Anyway, I've got 2 other plates that I am undecided about to bang tonight as well. 1 has been in the works since Monday. She's mid-twenties, blonde, a yoga practitioner, average height, not thin, but nice shapely (not fat) womanly body w/ no tats (I looked discerningly when around her - she could have them underneath idk).
#2 I just contacted last night After having banged her briefly almost 3 months ago. She answered, and I could tell, she's changed for the better, I guess. I will try to get with her tonight as well. She's 18, you heard it right, 18, and has the best little breasts of all time felt or witnessed by me. THAT was Heaven. She's barely over 5' blue Russian crystal eyes, little cute butt, full-bushed vagina (I wonder if she's shaved it, I'd asked her to way back then). One cute little girly tat on her left forearm. I've been wanting to fvck a girl like her since I fvcked her 3 months ago only to be interrupted by her roommate coming home - that Really sucked. She thinks I'm 27. If I get with her tonight, I will tell you all about it.

I May not get with Any of them though. You never know what will happen with any one chick at any given time. They are for the most part, unpredictable, when you're not in an exclusive relationship or marriage.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen girls complain about this phenomenon on their profiles too. I guess no one is good enough for each other anymore. lol

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
A lot of the "dating" mentality, from what I've seen, is that people are really afraid to commit a lot of time and effort to anyone.

Their mind is so set into that "first date" mentality that they often can't just relax and let a "second date" flow. So they'd rather just have 50 "first dates" with 50 different guys than a first-second-third-fourth with one guy or even two or three.

They get all their lovin' on the run...some first dates end in sex, others in make-outs, others in mental connections, and others with, "well, we tried...later!".

You also have to understand that the mentality of a lot of "online daters" is that "looking for Mr./Mrs. Right". The probability of a magical connection with any given person on any given night is relatively low.

You can't take online dating personally...it's a lot of take-it and leave-it. And very few people are going to be open-minded enough to just "see where things go".

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
You also have to understand that the mentality of a lot of "online daters" is that "looking for Mr./Mrs. Right". The probability of a magical connection with any given person on any given night is relatively low.

You can't take online dating personally...it's a lot of take-it and leave-it. And very few people are going to be open-minded enough to just "see where things go".
Yeah the mentality is different. I think people online are MUCH more picky than they would be otherwise because they kind of have a framework they can screen from. It's like try before you buy. The first date is essentially a blind date, and not many people are themselves anyway. All it takes is one little thing a girl doesn't like and she will write you off as another dud and convince herself she "wont settle", when in reality you know nothing about each other. You could meet the same exact girl under different circumstances and she might have her hands around your c0ck by night's end.

One thing I've picked up from talking to (girl) friends who use online dating is that it really strokes their ego, even if they are only an HB 5-6. They get this sense of being more desirable than they when they are getting blasted with emails from desperate guys.

My policy is to treat it systematically. If the first dates goes well, follow up with her shortly thereafter (if she hasnt already). If she seems hesitant, dithers, or just doesnt respond, forget her and move on to the next. I like to keep first dates casual and cheap.

As an aside, I rather hate dating. It's just a necessary evil sometimes if you want to have options. I think of it like chopping wood for the winter---if you dont do the work now, you wont have warm fires when things get cold.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I see it, you have two options with online dating: you can take things super slow, build a ton of comfort, and make her question if you like her, or you can push things past the threshold of gentlemanly behavior and hope you get a wild card. Anything in between--such as going on a conventional "date" and giving her a kiss goodnight--and it's going to be tough to keep her interested.

Girls get off on validation, and if it seems as though you're not sold on her, she'll want to win you over. Ever go out with a girl you weren't attracted to that kept on calling you? Same principle at play. Then, the next step is to bypass the "date" step and get her over to your place--if you can build a ton of comfort, this isn't unreasonable.

There is really no point to making out with a girl in a bar if afterward you both go your separate ways. This just reinforces her frame of a traditional courtship, which doesn't work anymore. In fact, I think you have more to gain by NOT kissing her at the end of such a date. It's better to plan dates near your place, and try to get her to come back with you before making any moves. If you're out in public, it's MUCH harder to get her in a sexy mood, and in the time it takes to go back to your place she'll likely change her mind.

Seriously, even meeting a girl out for drinks doesn't work these days; it's gotten too conventional. Someone should do an experiment on plentyoffish et al. where they simply invite girls over to their place to cook dinner or something in lieu of a date. There might be few takers, but I bet the conversion rate would go wayy up.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get about a 50% conversion rate on first dates--that is, about half lead to a second date. 95% of second dates lead to more dates. Once you pass the first-date hump you're pretty much set.

I think you guys aren't screening enough up-front. Further, you're putting too much work into things up-front.

Keep in mind the following advice is valid in Southern California. Your locale/culture may be different....

I never talk to chicks on the phone anymore until we're "dating." That's 20th century. Strictly email and texts until at least a few dates. I don't send more than a few emails, maybe 3-4, before setting up a time/place to meet. If they want to email more before meeting, goodbye. If they want to talk on the phone before meeting, goodbye. If they're "too busy to meet" for X weeks but we should talk in the meantime, I tell 'em they can get back to me when they're ready to meet; I never hear back from 'em. Chatting/IM has the best conversion rate to first-date sex for me. For some reason chicks who IM immediately will have sex immediately.

When on the date you should be escalating all the time. Go to a place near you or her. There should be kissing on the first date. There should be sex on the second date, or at the LATEST on the third date if there was heavy makeout on the 2nd date. No exceptions.

Date lots of different girls at the same time. Dump dump dump. When in doubt, in the beginning, dump. If you have any unease, dump. Pretty soon you will begin to know the signs of a chick who is looking to sex you, and you will be able to weed out the ones who aren't very quickly. To put it extremely simply, it should be smooth sailing into the bedroom. If there are any bumps, eject. Little bumps are symptoms of a much larger issue that WILL come up, I guarantee.

Keep prospecting at all times. Even when you're in MLTRs you should spend a certain percentage of your time looking for more women.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I never talk to chicks on the phone anymore until we're "dating." That's 20th century. Strictly email and texts until at least a few dates. I don't send more than a few emails, maybe 3-4, before setting up a time/place to meet. If they want to email more before meeting, goodbye. If they want to talk on the phone before meeting, goodbye. If they're "too busy to meet" for X weeks but we should talk in the meantime, I tell 'em they can get back to me when they're ready to meet; I never hear back from 'em. Chatting/IM has the best conversion rate to first-date sex for me. For some reason chicks who IM immediately will have sex immediately.
I agree here...at least to an extent. You want to be moving toward "meet-up" as quickly as possible.

Most people who "on-line date" get it in their head that they have to move slowly...exchange a couple E-mails, maybe IM for a while, then gradually work up to getting the number, send her a few texts...then maybe call her, then set up the date.

This is BORING...this is equivalent to "being friends first". This is the flat-out WRONG approach to take with online dating.

First of all, everything you're going to small-talk about is in your profile. You're insulting her intelligence by reciting your profile to her, or making her recite hers. Within 2-3 messages, you should be angling for a date.

Here's where I differ from you...most girls will demand a phone conversation before the date. This is to make sure you sound socially capable...it helps them screen out those guys who are absolute dorks so they don't waste their time. If you deny them that phone conversation they'll typically flake on you...but you KEEP IT SHORT. You want to show them that you have a normal voice and you don't stumble over every other word or say anything totally stupid. Again, 2-3 quick exchanges in a single call, keep it brief, confirm the date.

The rule you have to remember about online dating is that SHE IS LOOKING FOR A REASON TO DISQUALIFY YOU. Women will mentally do everything in their power to disqualify a guy, even a gorgeous, rich, brilliant, sparkling man, from being "boyfriend material". They are REALLY looking for something that cannot be communicated online...that feeling of being "swept off their feet".

YOU CANNOT DO THAT OVER E-MAIL/TEXT/PHONE. Period. You MUST establish a physical presence as soon as possible or she will get BORED with you and move on to the next guy. In real-life dating, the kind of male-female interaction we as HUMAN BEINGS have EVOLVED to operate with over the last couple millenia, the relationship BEGINS with a physical presence. You meet the girl, THEN she gives you the number FOR THE PURPOSE of meeting again.

This online crap is a worthless surrogate for that. You will LOSE OUT EVERY TIME to a man who is actually THERE, even if he's HALF the man you are.

When on the date you should be escalating all the time. Go to a place near you or her. There should be kissing on the first date. There should be sex on the second date, or at the LATEST on the third date if there was heavy makeout on the 2nd date. No exceptions.
What I've found is that if she won't at LEAST kiss you on the first date, chances are she will flake on you. Doesn't have to be full-on make-out...but a kiss that's more than a peck on the cheek. Ideally, you want to hear her say something like, "I'm going to be a good girl tonight" or "I'm not going home with you"...that means she wants you to f**k the sh*t out of her but also likes you on a "higher level" and doesn't want to "ruin it".

I've always liked inviting girls over for a movie on the couch on the second date...my couch is oriented sideways to the TV so you can't sit on it chair-style, you have to lie down, so we end up in the "spoon position"...from there, hands just wander. This is one of the reasons I dig girls with belly-button rings. :D

I dunno about you guys, but I can "smell" when a girl is aroused. Most girls' p*ssies, when they start getting wet, it's like you can almost sense it, like sharks with blood in the water. Nothing like having a hand on a girl's hip or thigh and sensing that faint "moist" sensation, catching that little whiff of something just a bit different about how she smells...I'm gonna have to stop now or go jerk off. :p

I'm not even much on f**king on the 2nd date...but I will go down on a girl...and have her go down on me. It gives me a chance to get used to the idea of being naked with a new girl. If I jump right to f*cking, I get over-anxious and chances are I won't last long enough to make it good for her. :eek: But I can eat p*ssy like a madman.

This also keeps the sexual element at kind of a playful level. From what I've found, girls who want to jump right to f**king on the first time nekkid together also want to jump right into relationships and all the drama associated there-with. LAME. Sex is "play" for me.

Date lots of different girls at the same time. Dump dump dump. When in doubt, in the beginning, dump. If you have any unease, dump. Pretty soon you will begin to know the signs of a chick who is looking to sex you, and you will be able to weed out the ones who aren't very quickly. To put it extremely simply, it should be smooth sailing into the bedroom. If there are any bumps, eject. Little bumps are symptoms of a much larger issue that WILL come up, I guarantee.

Keep prospecting at all times. Even when you're in MLTRs you should spend a certain percentage of your time looking for more women.
I'm not sure what does this, but it's absolutely true. Girls somehow seem to sense when you have other girls. Some argue that having "options" means you carry yourself in a more confident way...you feel better about your ability to attract women because you have PROOF TO YOURSELF that women do, in fact, want to be with you.

Even if you're actively in a _TR and you're not even doing anything, always be probing women for interest. (huh huh he said "probing")

Like I said, sex is a game to me now. I honestly believe that I'm never going to be able to stop fooling around on the side...I wonder if that will eventually f**k me as far as "relationships" go.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:

This is solid advice. It is virtually impossible to have the right mentality when you are single-serving one girl at a time. You invest too much and make yourself way too available.

Another cardinal rule to follow, especially with online dating---ABE: Always Be Escalating. How you temper it is kind of an art, but this is the fastest way to weed out the problem girls or luke-warm interest.

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I pretty much thought I was losing my mind. I just find it amazing how these women can act so interested before a date and show zero interest afterwards. It has gotten to the point, I know that it's been said before in other posts, that you need to go all in at once. I had two dates last week and an interesting encounter this morning.

- Went out to watch the Sunday night football game Bears vs Giants a week ago. Had what most guys would consider a great date, good convo, kino, walked her home and made out in front of her place. You'd think that would be a good start, right? No... I texted her a little bit tues and received half assed responses and then tried again Fri with no response whatsoever.

- In the meantime was chatting it up with another match girl. She told me things in her emails like, oh, everytime I receive an email it brings a smile to my face, yadayadayada. Went out for drinks Wed night... Thought it went went but something was a bit off. I tried initiating a little kino, etc. The date ended me with her turning her cheek towards me and me hailing her a cab. According to her she had never been on an el before and had only been in a cab once????? Still, I'm still a slave to my testosterone and made a C-F comment about her not being able to hail her own cab and got another half-assed response. I have not contacted her since.

- This morning I had a girl come over to my place and bring me breakfast. The funny thing is that I met her in person. I asked her out. She has a boatload of issues but real hot. She winds up cuddling next to me and start to complain because I try making moves on her, saying I thought we were just friends. I told her that I put her in the friend zone because she disrespected me. Anyways, I ask her bluntly "why don't we have sex and get it over with" and then she goes on to tell me that she just has sex with boyfriends, which was a bunch of crock because about 10 mins later she said that the last time that she had sex apparently was this guy she has been friends with for four years who basically hung around and waited until she broke up with her ex... Is she dating him, no? LOL. I basically told her to go. She has a lot of issues and I am probably better off without her but you know my **** has a mind of its own.

- On top of that... I have a polish chick from match who is all about me... LOL

Women are friggin crazy guys! I do take some responsibility. I agree with what was said. First dates should be cheap, Starbucks, escalate as much as possible, and if you feel anything bit of hesitation on her part, eject!

Road Warrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading the info in this thread, one thing came to mind that I never previously thought of, maybe I'm overthinking, but its the time of the first meet/date. For example, for those looking for a ONS, setting the date up for a Friday/Saturday night while for those looking for a LTR and wanting to move a little slower, maybe going for something like meeting for a drink on a weeknight or an early afternoon lunch date on the weekend. Could the Friday/Saturday night be putting them in the mindset that they are going to get f**ked, then when the guy goes in with the take it slow mindset, the women wind up flaking? Does anyone have any opinions on this?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Road Warrior said:
Reading the info in this thread, one thing came to mind that I never previously thought of, maybe I'm overthinking, but its the time of the first meet/date. For example, for those looking for a ONS, setting the date up for a Friday/Saturday night while for those looking for a LTR and wanting to move a little slower, maybe going for something like meeting for a drink on a weeknight or an early afternoon lunch date on the weekend. Could the Friday/Saturday night be putting them in the mindset that they are going to get f**ked, then when the guy goes in with the take it slow mindset, the women wind up flaking? Does anyone have any opinions on this?
In general, I'm not much on setting first-dates up for Friday/Saturday night. She's a lot more likely to flake, since her friends could hiit her up at any time to go out and do something Fri/Sat and she's likely to shrug off a "new guy she just met" in favor of hanging out with friends.

And to tell the truth, setting up a date for Fri/Sat night tells her that YOU have nowhere to be. Is that the message you want to send? :p

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
I've had a weird experience sort of like flaking on a first date with a girl I had met awhile ago when I was on match...years ago..TONS of sexual talk over the phone, went out, had a good time, afterwards said she didn't want me to come inside that first night, I didn't care, left...and then she texts me a picture of her bent over in a thong wearing the boots she just wore on the date! Weird. Needless to say I didn't bother anymore. lol

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CHICAGO27 said:

Thanks guys,
One of the most salient, but mostly overlooked, points about online dating is this-

When you start building rapport with a woman on a dating site you are a cyberperson. There is no opportunity to express your body language ,eye contact, touching ,voice tone and so on.
MY guess is that because these elements are absent, she is likely to fill the gaps with a fantasy created from her wishes and hopes. This
is what women do, and they LOVE to do it about a new man.

The short of it is this - when you finally meet her in the flesh, you will never match that fantasy and , instead of her realizing that her expectations of you were borne out of her imagination, she concludes that you are not her cup of tea.

Hence, no second date.

Last edited:

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
One of the most salient, but mostly overlooked, points about online dating is this-

When you start building rapport with a woman on a dating site you are a cyberperson. There is no opporunity to express your body language ,eye contact, touching ,voice tone and so on.
MY guess is that because these elements are absent, she is likely to fill the gaps with a fantasy created from her wishes and hopes. This
it is what women do, and they LOVE to do it about a new man.

The short of it is this - when you finally meet her in the flesh, you will never match the fantasy and , instead of her realizing that her expectations of you were borne out of her imagination, she concludes that you are not her cup of tea.

Hence, no second date.

Excellent post as always jophil. SPOT ON. +1 rep coming your way.

And so the online "perfect man fantasy" for women continues. Rinse, Cycle, Repeat.

asid76

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this happen twice out of the four times I had an online date.
The two times both girls said they felt the "friend vibe" from me. So I stayed cordial and cool and moved on.
They went back online to try their luck. I added them to my facebook, both of them.
Its funny how after they saw all the social proof I have on facebook they both started calling again.
They always try to make plans with me now, but they're too late. Sometimes a woman just needs to see how "in demand" one is with other women.
If there was a way to prove this on an online date we'd all do much better