"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Has anyone run into this?

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
371
Reaction score
1
I got this girls number, she always tells me to call, we can keep a good conversation on the phone. I haven't actually seen her in person for about ½ a year.
After each phone call I've given and each internet convo, she always says "Give me a call sometime" and/or "We gotta do something sometime".
Every single time I call, she is going to do something else, or is tired and wants to take a nap.
I really don't know what is going on because she always tells me we gotta go out and do something, but she's never available.
Is she just being nice? I wonder...
What do you all think?
Regardless, life shall go on
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
459
Reaction score
1
Age
52
Location
Hoovering near HB8-10s
Keep pressing her to go out with you. Make the ho say no.

:)

I've banged a girl who I had to ask out ~10x -- I closed the deal on the first date.

Have you considered making plans a few days in advance?
 

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
215
Location
Canada
How are you asking her out when you call?

Next time make sure you be specific.

"Hey I'm going to xyz on ______ day/night to do (something fun) why don't you come along? I'll pick you up at 7:00.

If she is busy and doesn't give the option of getting together on another date/time then its probably a sign of low interest level.

You'll need to work at increasing her interest which isn't necessarily easy on the phone.

good luck.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Not everyone is ready for your level of spontenaity (sp?) before they know you very well. Set something in advance. When you call her up, have a date, time, and activity suggested and choose a day about 3-5 days in advance. See how that works out.

Lots of times, you can't just call a girl up out of the blue and say, "Let's ride!", they have shtuff to do too.
 
Top