Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

has anyone here met women from okcupid web site?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

does that site have real women?

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:

does that site have real women?
I tried it, POF, and match.

I also live in Toronto.
I found match by far the best.
Like shooting gina's in a barrel.

The problem with all these sites is they expect you to list your age.
I'm forced to either settle for the older (my age +- 5), or the younger with daddy issues.

On the street, age doesn't need to come up until it's too late for it to be a deciding factor.

I gave them all up after Rollo published an article about buffers and that internet dating was one. Will look for it later to post the link if someone doesn't beat me to it.

SH

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
SecondHalf said:
I gave them all up after Rollo published an article about buffers and that internet dating was one. Will look for it later to post the link if someone doesn't beat me to it.

SH
please do, will be interested to read that

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been using POF and OKcupid simultaneously for years. The difference I noticed was the the girls seemed to be better looking and more quality (more 20-sometihngs without kids) on OKcupid.

I was having more success on OK than on pof in the past, but I reworded my profile to be a little less ****y, confident, arrogant etc on OK and my age crossed the 30 year-old barrier and I've been having less success on it than on pof.

As far as online dating (or texting) being a buffer, well a buffer isn't always bad thing. Online dating while certainly not perfect is the changing times. Cold approaching at bars or anywhere for that matter is not very productive anymore. A lot of females date from online and text. To call it a "buffer" and to not use what is really just a tool for meeting women, is pretty silly IMO.To me a real buffer would be not trying to meeting woman at all, seeing prostitutes, or just hitting on help.

I don't like somethings of how OKcupid is set up and changes made to how the search feauture works. OK makes you fill out more info about yourself. But on the other hand you get more info about the girl FWIW. It also somewhat matches you up, and their matching formula is flawed and just gets in the way. Online dating is about having good pics and good looks much like everyday life.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noted Stagger,

For clarification, internet dating served as a buffer for me. My online game was bang on, but online dating was an obstacle for further growth in my case.

As a tool to meet women, it can be very effective.

SH

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Relying too much on internet dating is not ideal. But the fact is if you are successful with it and meeting girls in person from the intermet, then that is what matters. You should start meeting girls from cold approaching. But to call online dating a buffer and that buffers are universally a bad thing, is incorrect IMO.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you guys write the bios on okcupid? I am not a wordsmith at all.

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Cupid is full of hipsters with liberal political views - I just can't get along with women that think money grows on trees and abortion is their main reason for voting

Plenty of fish is full of single mothers and fat women

Match has the most normal women but quality is not high

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
how do you guys write the bios on okcupid? I am not a wordsmith at all.
Women are mainly hipsters on ok Cupid. So list a bunch of movies and bands that no one has ever heard of. Say that you are passionate about poetry and list your income as 150k+. Then before a date, research Wikipedia so you can talk about the things in your profile. After 2 dates, if you don't get laid, move on

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say I average about 4-5 lays per year off of OKC (been on there 3 years) and another 4-5 off POF (1 and half years). In my opinion, OKC has higher quality girls. In my experience, most of them tend to be at least college educated. On the other hand POF is full of fuglies and single moms and you really have to sift through the chaff. I did manage to find some real freaks on that website though.

What I've learned:

Bios Just keep it short and to the point. Throw some good pics in there. As long as your grammar isn't atrocious and you don't come off as a complete tool, your bio won't be a major factor in deciding attraction. It's more about not screwing up than it is about impressing people.

Numbers game All game to some extent is a numbers game. But it's much more so in the online world where every half decent girl gets flooded with messages every day. Whether or not a girl happens to take interest in you is pretty much random. That's why you can't invest too much time or effort into any particular broad.

Number close quick There's absolutely no point in messaging back and forth for very long. Do a little bit of BS fluff talk and then go for the number. Try to call instead of text....that way your charming personality can really shine through. If she's going to make you wait for that number, don't waste your time.

Setup the date quick When you call her, you must strike while the iron is hot. Remember, if she's even half decent she's probably getting flooded with messages every day. Get her out, see if you get along and if there's attraction and advance quickly. If you're not feeling it, eject ASAP. More than once, I showed up for a date only to find that the girl completely misrepresented her appearance. I did not hesitate to call these girls on their BS and I ejected immediately.

Quality I can regularly land more attractive girls in the real world. Part of this is because online dating is a massive c0ck fest. But it's also because so much of who you are cannot be communicated through a profile and through messaging back and forth. This is why online dating should only be a supplement to your real world dating.

If I had to boil online dating to down to one thing: you're basically flinging a bunch of sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks.