Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone considered joining the French foreign legion

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was denied entering to the military here in the US due to my eyesight have a lot of buddies who joined wanted to know what's your opinion on the French foreign legion

markalem

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a tough gig and won't land you the same percs like uncle Sam. It's good for someone from a developing country to raise their status but not for an American. Join the FBI or NSA
Great gov jobs and great benefits.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The foreign legion is pretty brutal when it comes to training regimen, if you can't make it in under the US army rules, you'd have the same problem when it comes to them.

The foreign legion has historically been a way for people who were wanted by the law to make a new life for themselves. A lot of guys enlisted under false names, and are allowed to maintain anonymity while serving. Also, the foreign legion expects for the conscript to treat it as his new (and ONLY) family and it will in turn treat him as such. My understanding is that former legionnaires can call a special number if they ever run into trouble, and they will come to his assistance if needed.

And with that said, the french government has been pledging gender quotas for the legion. So... yeah.

Read for FREE!

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a tough gig and won't land you the same percs like uncle Sam. It's good for someone from a developing country to raise their status but not for an American. Join the FBI or NSA
Great gov jobs and great benefits.
NSA yes fbi hell no maybe even DOJ

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The foreign legion is pretty brutal when it comes to training regimen, if you can't make it in under the US army rules, you'd have the same problem when it comes to them.

The foreign legion has historically been a way for people who were wanted by the law to make a new life for themselves. A lot of guys enlisted under false names, and are allowed to maintain anonymity while serving. Also, the foreign legion expects for the conscript to treat it as his new (and ONLY) family and it will in turn treat him as such. My understanding is that former legionnaires can call a special number if they ever run into trouble, and they will come to his assistance if needed.

And with that said, the french government has been pledging gender quotas for the legion. So... yeah.
gender qoutas ?where did you get that from?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was denied entering to the military here in the US due to my eyesight have a lot of buddies who joined wanted to know what's your opinion on the French foreign legion
I know who guy who did it; he is dead now with bullet that cracked his skull from what I heard.
Pretty much says a lot doesn't it?

The French foreign legion was formed to save the lives of the French, in other words they send your squad out on the considered "impossible missions" where the government don't want to waste their French citizen soldiers on it.

The legionnaires are seen by the French government as a disposable asset, so you are their gun fodder.

If however do make it (the fatality rates are quite high), though the long service period then you can forget everything about your old life, family, friends etc. as you are given a new name and identity and you become a French citizen and cannot go back to your old life.

And like some other guys here mentioned the training is crazy hard and it is mandatory you that you learn French too.

If you're up for these terms, then sure go ahead.
Otherwise I would recommend to do something more productive with your life as there is high chance you end up dead.

Read for FREE!

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gender qoutas ?where did you get that from?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/969475.stm

It's more that women are technically allowed entry into the FL if they could hack it. The gender quota is for the french military in general. Women don't belong in front line infantry, period, that is if you want to win... but never underestimate the stupidity of woke people.

I can't see women being wanted or functionally allowed into the Foreign Legion though since they get more applicants than they have openings for, and I doubt any women would be better than the male applicants.

FYI, if you want to see just how far a guy with bad eyesight can go in the military, and how he got in, check out a biography of "Ching" Lee (the american admiral)

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the foreign legion on you tube. Its not for everyone and like one poster said if you were denied entry in the u.s military it will be the same in France. Why not be a cop or fire fighter?

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know who guy who did it; he is dead now with bullet that cracked his skull from what I heard.
Pretty much says a lot doesn't it?

The French foreign legion was formed to save the lives of the French, in other words they send your squad out on the considered "impossible missions" where the government don't want to waste their French citizen soldiers on it.

The legionnaires are seen by the French government as a disposable asset, so you are their gun fodder.

If however do make it (the fatality rates are quite high), though the long service period then you can forget everything about your old life, family, friends etc. as you are given a new name and identity and you become a French citizen and cannot go back to your old life.

And like some other guys here mentioned the training is crazy hard and it is mandatory you that you learn French too.

If you're up for these terms, then sure go ahead.
Otherwise I would recommend to do something more productive with your life as there is high chance you end up dead.

Screw that. You have to be insane to want to fight for the French government and change your citizenship like that.

Read for FREE!

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It may be useful to learn military skills but the price to pay is quite high and I'm not talking about the risks but the discipline and freedom limitation for few years.

A better option would be to join the eastern front with any of the two sides.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but the price to pay is quite high
Yep... Just look on your debtclock:
1651095697638.png
1651095717967.png
You're guys are scre'wed for life. :eek:
This can never be repaid. US is officially the poorest country in the world by now.
And yet you keep pouring trillions of dollars of new freshly printed into things you cannot afford including expensive wars. Its crazy man.

Read for FREE!

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 8318
View attachment 8319
This can never be repaid. US is officially the poorest country in the world by now.
And yet you keep pouring trillions of dollars of new freshly printed into things you cannot afford including expensive wars. Its crazy man.
I'm not american, not that it makes any difference since I'm done paying taxes to any authority.

I kid you not at my age fking she system is a better high than fking an hb8.

Btw I see you're from denmark, when you pay in taxes more than half of your salary, do you at least get free arab lessons to better prepare you for the future?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not american, not that it makes any difference since I'm done paying taxes to any authority.

I kid you not at my age fking she system is a better high than fking an hb8.

Btw I see you're from denmark, when you pay in taxes more than half of your salary, do you at least get free arab lessons to better prepare you for the future?
Na I'm in Sweden atm.
But ye taxes are high in Scandinavia. Not planning to stay here for the long run tho.

Read for FREE!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It may be useful to learn military skills but the price to pay is quite high and I'm not talking about the risks but the discipline and freedom limitation for few years.

A better option would be to join the eastern front with any of the two sides.
Yes, joining the Ukrainian Foreign Legion has the benefits of HeroMaxxing to impress Ukrainian babes (who beat out French babes). :cool:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 8318
View attachment 8319
Any country that is self-sufficient in resources - i.e., if it needed to - can have as much debt as it wants. Let's say the Chinese start balking at its multi-trillion dollar investment in the debt, and decides to let its currency adjust to make the dollar go down - at some point, American labor becomes competitive again, and the blue-collar guy gets work again. Or let's say OPEC & Russia want to put the squeeze on energy - OK, the American fracking industry could get going, especially if the government decides to subsidize it.

The only resource that would be immediately hard to replace is rare-earth elements - which is available all over the world as it has been deposited on the Earth's crust throughout the eons by meteors, and only requires chemical processing to purify - whose market China controls; however, just like for energy, with the right stimulus, it could be done in the USA within a year or so.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
With fiat currencies none of this matters truly. And oil is pegged to the dollar, eventually we’ll just add a 0 to the end of the spreadsheet.

shrug

Read for FREE!

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With fiat currencies none of this matters truly. And oil is pegged to the dollar, eventually we’ll just add a 0 to the end of the spreadsheet.
Any country that is self-sufficient in resources - i.e., if it needed to - can have as much debt as it wants.
You guys are in for a rude nasty awakening sooner or later,(Just like many other fellow Americans). It sort of sad, but it is what it is. As the economics is now, I'm betting on sooner. Could be months or years but highly unlikely a decade. Plant a garden and prepare yourself/your family or not. That's your prerogative and your choice to make.

That's all I'm going to say about this in this forum thread because I don't bother to make a lengthy explanation into macro-economics, Austrian economics and the reasons why and why not, (and why Keynesian economics is mostly bs)..
For that you have to pay me for the lessons.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Dude I was prepped when you were knee high to a grasshopper, most likely.

Let’s put it this way: I own an original copy of “The Art of the Rifle” signed by Ole Coop. Oh and Pahrump will never be the same after me visiting.

Saunter on back to zerohedge or infowars… Maybe buy some colloidal silver.

p.s. all the above said in fun…