Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

has anyone actually tried nootropics?

Reaction score
I have seen them popping up on my feed occasionally, the adds make it sound like the limitless pill. I wanna believe that it is true bc something like that would make college 1000x easier but I feel like its too good to be true. Has anyone actually tried this stuff? and if so is it worth it? I have been dealing with ADD my whole life and if this stuff can help me replace adderall then its a total game changer

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been researching and experimenting with nootropics for about 6 years now. Some of them do work, but most of them don't. The problem is twofold:
a) many nootropics simply have zero evidence that they do anything, but are prompted up on anecdote and marketing
b) the majority of companies sell products with underdosed, fake, or cheap contaminated chinese bullsh!t.

Nootropics and dietary supplements in general are often thrown out as snake oil; this is because it's easier for someone to dismiss all of them than it is to individually research and specific substances, which can take many many years. Things are further complicated by the fact that some substances work will work for you and not others, and are dependant on your own unique neurochemistry and lifestyle factors. Despite this, most people focus almost exclusively on anecdotes and reviews, and fall prey to marketing/branding; as such the placebo/nocebo effect is rampant.

Anyway, as for which products to try, that comes down to your own goals. The best ones out there in my opinion are selank, semax, modafinil, tianeptine, selegiline, and mayyybe phenibut (PM me if you want legit sources).

If you want to get started, I'd strongly recommend purchasing from nootropics depot, they are the gold standard in the nootropics community and no other company comes close in terms of purity, R&D, and quality control. I'd suggest starting with something safe and effective, try phenylpiracetam + citicoline or alpha-gpc from nootropics depot and see that makes you feel, then go from there. Don't make the mistake of trying a dozen new things at once, or you won't know how each invidiual substance is effecting you.

For research purposes, examine.com and nootropics professor are great sites to check out if you want to learn more.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First.... try dark roast coffee.
I'm serious.
Why? Dark roast coffee has less caffeine than light roast, and less psychoactive alkaloids (such as MAOIs) in general.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? Dark roast coffee has less caffeine than light roast, and less psychoactive alkaloids (such as MAOIs) in general.
I'm not qualified to provide any science as to why this works, but it seemed to work for me.

Years later, I went back to take a few courses. At the suggestion of a friend, I'd drink coffee beforehand. I noticed that my ability to focus was much easier.

Your millage may differ, but It worked for me. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to provide any science as to why this works, but it seemed to work for me.

Years later, I went back to take a few courses. At the suggestion of a friend, I'd drink coffee beforehand. I noticed that my ability to focus was much easier.

Your millage may differ, but It worked for me. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose.
I mean coffee is a cognitive enhancer in its own right. I have tried both light and dark roasts and definitely prefer the former.

Reaction score
I have been researching and experimenting with nootropics for about 6 years now. Some of them do work, but most of them don't. The problem is twofold:
a) many nootropics simply have zero evidence that they do anything, but are prompted up on anecdote and marketing
b) the majority of companies sell products with underdosed, fake, or cheap contaminated chinese bullsh!t.

Nootropics and dietary supplements in general are often thrown out as snake oil; this is because it's easier for someone to dismiss all of them than it is to individually research and specific substances, which can take many many years. Things are further complicated by the fact that some substances work will work for you and not others, and are dependant on your own unique neurochemistry and lifestyle factors. Despite this, most people focus almost exclusively on anecdotes and reviews, and fall prey to marketing/branding; as such the placebo/nocebo effect is rampant.

Anyway, as for which products to try, that comes down to your own goals. The best ones out there in my opinion are selank, semax, modafinil, tianeptine, selegiline, and mayyybe phenibut (PM me if you want legit sources).

If you want to get started, I'd strongly recommend purchasing from nootropics depot, they are the gold standard in the nootropics community and no other company comes close in terms of purity, R&D, and quality control. I'd suggest starting with something safe and effective, try phenylpiracetam + citicoline or alpha-gpc from nootropics depot and see that makes you feel, then go from there. Don't make the mistake of trying a dozen new things at once, or you won't know how each invidiual substance is effecting you.

For research purposes, examine.com and nootropics professor are great sites to check out if you want to learn more.
awesome! ill look em up! but I got one more question, the school I go to drug tests us on occasion, will any of this show up on these tests as something questionable?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome! ill look em up! but I got one more question, the school I go to drug tests us on occasion, will any of this show up on these tests as something questionable?
Extremely unlikely, these are too obscure and even if they did know what they were, they're all legal.

Reaction score