"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Handsome or strong and dominant , which score better

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
You really think few actors keep up their appearance? I would say members of the acting profession in general are a lot better looking than a sample size of the regular population. And probably most of the obese actors/actresses are in comedy.
Also makeup and lightning too and air brushing. Most dont look at good in person without the makeup.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
Also makeup and lightning too and air brushing. Most dont look at good in person without the makeup.
People can't change their faces too much, even taking into account that it's Hollywood and Botox and plastic surgery is everywhere. So I was thinking more of people taking care of their physiques, and most of them at least stay slim.

I shouldn't have said "it's surprising how few of them do." I should've said, "it's surprising how many of them don't."
Fair enough. I was thinking for everyone you could name that let themselves go (and a lot of those were older or had drug problems), you could name another one who has kept fit, especially the younger crowd. I think it's kind of funny to see movies today compared with movies when I was growing up. Now days, a lot of the time the extras and walk ons just passing through are all chiseled and sh!t. I guess that shows they have aspirations, so good for them, or maybe they're just into fitness. Despite the obesity epidemic, a lot more guys are lifting today than when I was growing up. It's like there's no in between now. You're either a slob or an aspiring adonis.
 
Top