"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Handling unfamiliar situations/ surprises

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
What's a best way to handle unexpected situations? I have a problem with such, where my mind just suspends under emotional pressure as i'm trying to come up with a rational reaction. Usually I'm not good at that. I've been DJing local clubs recently and was put in such situtations where I had to deal with unpleasantless coming from guys. Most of the time I was lost for words. Damn analytical mind.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TDOT

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Location
I used a wrench
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
What's a best way to handle unexpected situations? I have a problem with such, where my mind just suspends under emotional pressure as i'm trying to come up with a rational reaction. Usually I'm not good at that. I've been DJing local clubs recently and was put in such situtations where I had to deal with unpleasantless coming from guys. Most of the time I was lost for words. Damn analytical mind.

I have this same problem.
Can an experienced/advanced player please answer his question.

Thanks
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Remember to ALWAYS stay cool, calm and collected. Seriously, if you get pissed off, nervous, anxious, frightened, ready to scream etc... this is fine.. they are all natural emotions. Just dont SHOW these emotions.

You gotta stay chill regardless of the situation at hand. Dont panic and keep your wits about you.

So if a guy is talking sh1t to you, just look him in the eyes for a good 5 seconds to prove your not scared. Then turn and walk away. Its just not worth it.
 

Skweints

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Or offer him a beer... "Hey man, chill out! No need to get pissed off. Tell you what, you let me in on your awesome abilities at picking up women, and I'll buy you a beer!" with a smirk. This should knock 'em off guard. A likely response from them would be to accuse you of being a fag; simply shrug your shoulders, and walk over to some hot *****, introduce yourself, and ask them if they agree with what he said. A) Another likely response would be that they might just settle down and reconsider their actions. You've got an analytical mind, right? Well, use it! Put yourself in those situations, and think about what you could've done, and what you think the response would be. I often find myself playing out situations in my mind just to see how to react in those certain situations. It's pre-planning!
 
Last edited:

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
I read a good quote when I was a kid...don't know where it came from..but I think it relates..

"Act Brave...even if you REALLY AREN'T...no one can tell the difference."
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top