Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hand Kissing???

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do the handkiss all the time when I first started clubbing. I got it from my buddy who I used to go clubbing with all the time. It worked for him so I started doing it and I only got one negative reaction the 100 or so times that I did it. It can be smooth depending on the setting.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Bump

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman at a bar I met kissed my hand once. Other than that, no experience. Seems 1950’s stuff.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's neither good nor bad, simply a tool in the toolbox to be used when appropriate

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman at a bar I met kissed my hand once. Other than that, no experience. Seems 1950’s stuff.
It's neither good nor bad, simply a tool in the toolbox to be used when appropriate
Men kissing women's hands seems like a bit outdated. Most of the comments on this thread were from 2001-2004. I was in college during that time. I wasn't using that move ever and I didn't know any men at that time who were using it. At that time, I knew men mainly under 25.

I don't think this is relevant in most stranger approach settings or 1st dates arranged through some form of technology.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I agree that it's probably very outdated, almost to the point of being cringey, especially with someone you just met.*

Even hand shaking has largely disappeared during Covid and may not return.

*Your gf or wife might find it cute though.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hand shaking has largely disappeared during Covid and may not return.
Hand shaking is irrelevant from a dating perspective. Hand shaking is only relevant for acquaintances, friends, and business relationships.

I agree that it's probably very outdated, almost to the point of being cringey, especially with someone you just met.*

Accurate

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hand shaking is irrelevant from a dating perspective. Hand shaking is only relevant for acquaintances, friends, and business relationships.
It used to be common practice to shake hands when you exchanged names. This gave an opportunity to pick up IOIs when you first met women in a social circle context. If she held on to your hand longer than usual (while making good eye contact), she probably liked you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It used to be common practice to shake hands when you exchanged names. This gave an opportunity to pick up IOIs when you first met women in a social circle context. If she held on to your hand longer than usual (while making good eye contact), she probably liked you.
Good point. I forgot about that. Social circle context is the key phrase. I've not had a social circle capable of arranging dates in my 23 years in the mating environment. I've been reliant upon approaching strangers and dating websites/swipe apps. Maybe some weak social circle stuff with co-ed sports league participation.

Reaction score

I agree entirely. I've employed it once to no avail. Now it is now going to remain defunct in my toolshed.

Gypsypie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post. I had never done it or ever thought about it until the other night.

I was out at a dance club with some friends. A girl I had never met until recently was sitting at a table by herself. I sensed she was very depressed over something. I approached her and asked if she was alright. She said she had been fighting with her boyfriend and was considering breaking it off altogether. I tried to comfort her, suggesting things may not be as bad as they seemed and to wait until at least the next morning when the alcohol wore off before making any 'rash' decisions. At this point, I, unconsciously, almost instinctively, gently kissed the back of her hand. I wasn't trying to pick her up or acting desperate or anything like that. I was feeling admiration and respect for her at that moment and I well just...did it.

I asked her to save me a dance for later. She said she would.

I never thought any more about her until much later in the evening. I was having a ball, dancing with at least a dozen different girls. Women were approaching me and hitting on me from all over the place. Hell, even the one girl I want to date(she has a boyfriend already...damn it!) was constantly watching me.

Later, after the band had stopped playing, I was back at my table chatting with my friends again. Someone pointed out that the girl was still seated alone at her table. I immediately remembered that I had asked her to save me a dance. I hadn't followed it up. I had completely forgotten. The jukebox was playing some slow song so I went to her table and asked her to dance then and there. She accepted and we waltzed right there by her table, in front of the bar. After the dance, she nestled up to my shoulder and said she wished the song had lasted longer. She then did what I had done to her much earlier in the evening. She gently kissed the back of my hand, I think maybe just to say thankyou or whatever.

Anyway, I can definitely say it was not a negative experience for me. I don't think the other women there had me pegged as a desperate, drooling dog. Their actions suggested quite the opposite.

Just some food for thought!!!
She probably appreciated your sweetness because she was obviously not happy at the time. No sexual feelings though. Just appreciating your kindness and friendship

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose you could have a hand fetish.

PUA gurus used to tell you to be a hugger instead of a hand shaker. That probably went out the window with the #MeToo stuff though.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PUA gurus used to tell you to be a hugger instead of a hand shaker. That probably went out the window with the #MeToo stuff though.
Yes, it’s pretty much 100% hands off now. No handshakes, no hugs, no touching somebody’s forearm when you make a point.

Unless you’re actually on a date or in the club lol.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You can use a hand kiss situationally like teasing her “my princess, allow me to kiss thy hand!” In the most condescending voice and smirk you can muster. On the dance floor, you could pull it off as well.

But in general, if you are not already in a -ship with her it’s cringe AF. (If not done sarcastically and ironically).

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the original quote comes from, but I wonder how old it is? Maybe it's outdated?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Hah!

Gypsypie

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can use a hand kiss situationally like teasing her “my princess, allow me to kiss thy hand!” In the most condescending voice and smirk you can muster. On the dance floor, you could pull it off as well.

But in general, if you are not already in a -ship with her it’s cringe AF. (If not done sarcastically and ironically).
That would be hot actually

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's one of things that if you are dating a girl and do this is makes them giggle like a little girl and give you doe eyes.