Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hair loss: Shave Vs. Transplant

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaving the head is easy and cheap. My heads shaped nicely enough. But mostly only dudes ever compliment me on it lol. My recession isn’t too bad but it’s enough that it looks better shaved than with hair. Contemplating getting a transplant done. What do you guys think??

LuksSkywalker

Don Juan
Reaction score
shaving the head is easy and cheap. My heads shaped nicely enough. But mostly only dudes ever compliment me on it lol. My recession isn’t too bad but it’s enough that it looks better shaved than with hair. Contemplating getting a transplant done. What do you guys think??
Easy.
Some chicks dig hair. Some chicks dig bald guys. It's a win win situation.
Really, you should be listening to yourself. What do you as YOU want?
I shave my head and love it. It's cheaper, it's easier to maintain and it feels great when it's summer and you just sink your head in cold water and immediately feel refreshed.

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy.
Some chicks dig hair. Some chicks dig bald guys. It's a win win situation.
Really, you should be listening to yourself. What do you as YOU want?
I shave my head and love it. It's cheaper, it's easier to maintain and it feels great when it's summer and you just sink your head in cold water and immediately feel refreshed.
I’ve been shaving my head for about eight months. I’m seriously just on the fence about it right now lol. I’d get a bump in my smv for sure with a transplant but the shyt ainte too cheap either.

BaldandBrazy88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here as an ex bald, long haired, now growing back guy.. haha please consider if you got the head shape for it, ask someone for it who would be dead honest about it. Also, I'd you ain't got no beard I would rock it unless you are a Chad, at least an 8.
Also don't do it you skinny, like real skinny, will be looking like ET.
About your hairline, try with Castor Oil, if wanna get it back, it's been 3 weeks and I'm seeing results. I put that on my soul
Good luck to ya

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here as an ex bald, long haired, now growing back guy.. haha please consider if you got the head shape for it, ask someone for it who would be dead honest about it. Also, I'd you ain't got no beard I would rock it unless you are a Chad, at least an 8.
Also don't do it you skinny, like real skinny, will be looking like ET.
About your hairline, try with Castor Oil, if wanna get it back, it's been 3 weeks and I'm seeing results. I put that on my soul
Good luck to ya
My hair is getting thicker ever since I changed my diet and scalp massages and wash once a week with a tea tree oil shampoo and brush my hair in the morning and night. I won't say there's regrowth but someone commented that I Knew and said it look like my hair was growing back. It might just have gotten thicker. I heard about castor oil as well

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If you could afford a transplant then go for it.

Kevin Costner looks younger with his.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it shaved.

Even I considered hair transplant when I was younger, but heard a few horror stories from clients that had the procedure.
The post procedure results looked good on them, but I don't think it's worth it at all.
It's basically scalp surgery combined with scalp puncturing.

Or you could just get a toupee from the Hair Club for Men.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want hair consider applying minoxidil every morning and evening for a year. It's the active ingredient in rogaine. I would discourage the use of any oils unless you suffer from a dry scalp since oil clogs pores.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you want hair consider applying minoxidil every morning and evening for a year. It's the active ingredient in rogaine. I would discourage the use of any oils unless you suffer from a dry scalp since oil clogs pores.
Too high a chance of many nasty side effects that don't go away even after stopping treatment with minoxidil. I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
3rd option. Just stop caring.
That’s where I’m at right now. I tried a super tight buzz (#1), which is almost shaved. Then the hottest chick I know said (with a disappointed tone), “What happened to your hair?”

I’m convinced that some women prefer hair on your head even if you have some receding or balding going on. So I grew it back (whatever I can).

I’m not sure I agree with this binary full hair or shaved clean (ie all or nothing) approach for every guy.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say it depends on age, if you are older than 35 you can afford a bad hairline without the same "beauty" stigma a younger guy would have.

Also if you are young you can afford to shave your head without looking particularly old while after a certain age you need hair not only in term of look but also in terms of not looking a real oldie.

A good skin tone/color and the right body can really help in such regard but after a certain age if you are skinny or skinny fat and shave your head you will look unhealthy, weak, old and possibly creepy.

When it comes of hair in my opinion it makes a hell of a differnce if you have still something in the middle of your upper head that is visible even if you cut it very very short.

Given the choice between balding on the front or the back, I would pick the back any day...you are still bald but your face and the personal perception doesnt change.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Agree with WDW and ShePays.

For me, it was a compromise between looking younger or looking less balding.

The tight buzz largely took away the effects of crown balding, but I looked older.

By growing the hair back to normal length or (even slightly too long), I look younger.

At this point, I much prefer looking slightly younger.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too high a chance of many nasty side effects that don't go away even after stopping treatment with minoxidil. I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole
Do you know the hard numbers or are you simply scared? Minoxidil products generate almost a billion in revenue every year and don't require a prescription.

Billtx49

Reaction score
OP, I see no age for you, but if young enough start minoxidil combined with finasteride. Be aware that starting chemical treatments will be a lifelong deal though unless making another choice eventually …
Save the transplant option for later in life, they’re lowering cost and improving the success rate and quality of that option yearly.

For a long term viewpoint, consider your maternal grandfathers hair condition. Most men inherit that eventually although less can also be inherited from the paternal grandfather on top of that creating an inherited mixture of sorts, but the maternal line is always the major influence…
It they’re both bald, plan accordingly.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get transplants you'll scar the back of your head and no longer be able to shave your head later and look good. Do you know what your baldness will eventually look like based on genes? And how fast is it progressing?

I've been losing my hair for 20 years now and I still have enough hair to pretend I'm not going bald, but I no longer care about doing anything about it.

You really should own the fact that you're going bald and do what you have to do that looks best with your situation, be it using electric shears or shaving.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you can see a face with more wrinkles doesnt make you look any worse if you have enough hair.

Which one gives a youngish vibe despite being older?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do you know the hard numbers or are you simply scared? Minoxidil products generate almost a billion in revenue every year and don't require a prescription.
May carry the risk of systemic cardiac issues or optic nerve problems among other things? For some extra hair?

No thanks bro.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a hair transplant back in 2013. It was the strip method (FUT). Cost $4,800 for 1,200 grafts which for me was worth it. I'm thinking about going in for an update to thicken my hairline some more.

Hair transplants might get cheaper as a result if COVID19 lockdown and surgeons getting desperate.... There's a lot of competition in the hair transplant industry because it's very niche.