Hair down 8/10 Hair up 4/10

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pleas explain this.

I'm dating a girl who has gorgeous long hair. When it is down, she's a 8/10 easily. With it up it's like I'm dating her uglier twin. 4/10.

So...has anyone ever felt like this before? I encourage her to leave it down subtly, but it can be a bit strange.

NewJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha. kewl story.

I imagine most girls would go below 5 points on the scale if they had to shave off their hair completely. ... even the super hotties...long hair on a girl is just so awesome.

Big Nuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Too picky...bend her over and hit her from behind and be glad ur tapping p00n!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it's down:
"You look so sexy with your hair down like that".

When it's up:
Silence

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes you've just got to be honest and damn the consequences.

Her: Do you like my hair up like this?
Upside: No!

Did this to mine a while back and she doesn't wear it up anymore. Still haven't managed to stop her straightening it though.

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Upside said:
Pleas explain this.

I'm dating a girl who has gorgeous long hair. When it is down, she's a 8/10 easily. With it up it's like I'm dating her uglier twin. 4/10.

So...has anyone ever felt like this before? I encourage her to leave it down subtly, but it can be a bit strange.
Ha. I'm with you man. I find most girls look much better with hair down than up.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, girls do tend to look better with their hair down. Going from a 4 to an 8 seems like too big of a jump to be realistic, however.

Look at it this way: If she puts it up some of the time, then it's more of a special treat when she lets it down. Besides, a ponytail can be kind of cute once in a while.

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We find long, thick, flowing hair attractive because it is a sign of health and youth, therefore a sign that she is a good partner to have children with. The hair gets more brittle with old age or from disease.

It is the same as why we find smooth skin with a healthy pallor attractive, a straight back, a small nose and chin and ears (these never stop growing, so they are bigger in old age), wide cheekbones (make the face look less drawn-out; the face grows longer with old age), large eyes (eyes are larger in proportion to the face when we are children), white teeth, a clear voice, a healthy breath, etc. We also find a certain symmetry in the face attractive, called the "beauty mask", as that symmetry signals health - those who deviate a lot from this symmetry usually have poorer genes. In women, we appreciate a certain hip-to-waist ratio as it signals good child-rearing capacity, and we find slim shoulders attractive in women as that signals more estrogen, less testosterone, therefore a better mate to have children with.

And so on. Evolutionary psychology should be taught in school. Of course, since the extreme-egalitarian doctrine demands that we pretend all traits are equally attractive so that no one is sad, this wisdom will never be told to school children. Except by an old teacher I had who couldn't care less about what the school system said, and taught us whatever he knew to be true. I liked that man. Note that I don't say "guy". Some men are not guys or buddies or bros but men, period.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cremasta said:
Sometimes you've just got to be honest and damn the consequences.

Her: Do you like my hair up like this?
Upside: No!

Did this to mine a while back and she doesn't wear it up anymore. Still haven't managed to stop her straightening it though.
Yes, I agree. If she asks directly, I'll tell her straight out I like it down.

I don't believe in coddling to spare the little princesses' feelings.

namismybabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's her hair, it's her prerogative. that said, i do agree long hair is hot. and this will get flames and i don't care but short hair sucks.

namismybabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
An "8" down and a "4" up????

I'm thinking you're judging her attractiveness solely on her hair.

Get a girl who has more to offer.
so yeah, preferences are the devil...

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
namismybabe said:
it's her hair, it's her prerogative. that said, i do agree long hair is hot. and this will get flames and i don't care but short hair sucks.
No one will flame you for this. "I prefer short hair to long" said no man ever