Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guys, PLEASE stop being so sensitive

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good afternoon gentlemen,

It's been a long time since I've been to this board, but upon coming here again I've noticed that very little has changed. In fact, what I've realized is that something that's taught here is only going to make you a weaker person if you follow it to the letter. Let me explain...

First of all, do yourself and all the girls you meet a HUGE favor - stop PRETENDING to think so highly of yourself. I say pretending, because that's what it amounts to - pretending.

More specifically, I'm reading all these posts about guys complaining that this girl they met canceled a date, or didn't make a counteroffer, or didn't respond to their message. And almost without failure, the response from most people on this board has been that the person should Next the girl, and that the girl doesn't deserve their attention, or that the guy should tell the girl off, etc.

This is both counterproductive, and shows a great degree of low self-worth. Please note: if you truly are the prize, then you don't need to tell the girl that you are, and there's no way you can take offense to a girl canceling a date, because you would see it for what it is - that the girl is not disrespecting you or thinks she is too good for you. How could she? She doesn't even know you yet.

The simple truth is that at this point in time, she may be a little interested, but not enough not change all her priorities to accommodate you. But why in the world would you expect that of her? One encounter with you is not sufficient for her to place you on the top of her priorities. This takes time on her part, and patience on yours.

Without a doubt, one of the most important characteristic I've seen in any man that's good with women is an almost insatiable persistence. But it's not the persistence that the average person may have - wondering why the girl doesn't return phone calls, or why she canceled the date, and pursuing her out of a fear of loss. The truly successful person knows that he is the goods, but that the girl has not realized that yet. And he does not blame the girl for her behavior, because he realizes that there's no way she can realize this until she's hung out with him for a few times. Please understand that she is not disrespecting you - you just haven't earned that priority yet.

Here's an example from my personal life. There was this girl whom I was interested in. I asked her out over a year ago, but she declined. I just laughed it off, and every time that I saw her (one or twice a month), I would flirt with her and ask her out. One time she accepted my invitation, and then canceled. I never lost my cool, and still persisted. Finally we go out - almost a year after I first asked her out.

On our first date she told me that she loves me, and after that her coworkers told me that the only thing she ever spoke about was me. Persistence will always beat resistance as long as there was a shred of interest to begin with, and you persist without ever loosing your cool.

So guys, don't be so sensitive to a girl blowing you off initially. She's not blowing YOU off, because she has no idea who you are yet. Instead of acting like a "Man" and blowing the girl off, realize that this is just your ego trying to protect itself.

As one very attractive girl that I was making out with recently told me, if she went out with every guy that asked her out, she would have slept with half the guys in this city. Girls who are desirable have many guys after them, and they have to create a system to filter out the fake men from the real men - the real men know what they want and they go after it until they get it, or until they have come to a non-emotion conclusion that their time is better invested elsewhere. Either way, there is no emotions attached to that decision.

Master of the Universe

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Post. :p

You know something else...You are right on the ball.

To be a true DJ or whatever you aim to be - you just gotta believe that you are the goods and have a deeper connection with your soul.

Great post again. Atleast best I've read on a POSITIVE level - Its just amazing how down everyone gets over a little women.

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is great advice, but I have a clarifying question:

How do you tell the difference between genuine low interest / her not being interested at all, and a situation where persistence is necessary? For example, I have a friend who has called and asked out a girl many, many times and never gotten a positive response... I know from mutual friends that the girl doesn't like him, but of course, it could just be scheduling issues as well (from his point of view). How can you tell which is which, and avoid getting a restraining order while also not giving up too soon?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid!

This is good advice for people who are getting out of the awkward, 'mechanical' stage of learning to be a DJ. Good for intermediate DJs. :)

LionFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU, you are the master of course..

I once read that the whole idea of nexting is to teach the guys who have been walked all over to stop tolerating disrespect, and I agree. Once you have built of confidence, things change.

One of the problems some DJs get once they get into the mindset is really thinking that the only proper response a woman should give them is to get turned on and drop everything to be with them.

I was reading a book about masculinity, and the author made the point that the fully realized man is actually humble.. That's something I'm working on.

Still, until you get out there, it's hard to know how to continue to pursue in a classy way and when you cross that line and become "that guy" who won't stop calling.. And because many of us have been that guy, it's still a fear we have that we don't want to go back and ever do!

Still, the bottom line is that no action taken is a missed opportunity.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree.

Persistance can be great sometimes, but the girl will usually know from the initial meeting if she wants to date you or not.

I think this is a rare case.

How long have u been dating this girl now?

If she said she loves you on the first date there is something wrong with her!!

She is emotionally unstable and has issues in my opinion, tell us how long this one lasts?

Sorry to sound negative, but this is what I beleive from my own experience.

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to put this to the test. I'm going to call the girl's who I have next'ed.

If I can fit it into my schedule I might even call that girl from my active thread on Wednesday and ask if she's up for meeting Thursday.

Edit: Because of reading your post, I just had enough courage to call five of the chicks that I next'ed, but no answer from any of them :(

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please stop being so sensitive? That'll come when girls stop playing games. I'm not going to go around acting like a robot nodding away/shrugging pretending like it doesn't matter if someone rejects me. For the mean time I'll stick to the f-you and f-off routine to girls that disrespect me.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is a great topic.

one of my best friends is crazy with girls... he does everything opposite, and it works. he find girls ONLINE (teen search sites)... then he talks with them on AIM quite a bit, then he calls them, then he meets them, then he calls them and talks to them on and on for hours...and he is now seeing 3-4 girls at a time....

now, i've been trying to learn persistance from him..it is like he has the aura that makes it easier to get girls...but when i am clubbing with him, he looks just like a regular guy.. who just...goes for it. asks for number/calls/meets the girl/gets laid.

now i dont know if he is filtering many girls, but i filter A LOT, and i dont get laid nearly as much as he does...

so i am wodnering... persistance... you know, i am going to try something here. im gonna call girls i've nexted. you know, becuase may be this whole "if she doesnt call back" thing is deeper than it is thought out to be. girls have plans to, and sometimes they are just not sure, or dont have HIGH enough interest to call back... now i know Anti-dump will hate on me for this, but i wonder if the guy is getting any play at all, he's been gone for too long..

time to switch up the game a bit... let's do it motu, thanks' for advice.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what he is trying to say is don't take rejections so freaking personal.

If you are sure about yourself, you know that if a girl rejects you that a) she has issues or b) she just isn't having a good day. You know it's not because you just don't measure up.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been saying this for some time. The response I usually get: crucifixtion.

I don't know how many times I've gotten rejected; I don't keep count and it's probably better for my self-esteem that I don't. But if I call up a girl and ask her out and she can't make it, she doesn't get automatically "nexted". There are a lot of guys here that think that she should.

In recent history, there was a girl who I asked out, and she agreed. We went out and everything was fine, I thought. But when I tried to get her to go out with me again, she was "busy". Like ALL THE TIME busy. So "busy" in fact, that I knew it she wasn't really busy... it was that dreaded thing -- "Low Interest". But I knew that all that was required was for her to get to know me better, and her interest would rise.

So I backed off a few weeks. Then I came back at her. I didn't ask her out again. I kept telling her that she WANTED to go out with me. She claimed she didn't. But I saw her about twice a week at school, and I didn't let up. I wasn't the annoying stalker guy... I was just a guy who had a lot of adventures to talk about and I kept telling her how much she wished that she was part of them. A few weeks later, she went out with me a second time, then a third. We were together for more than two years, and engaged. It didn't end up working out completely, but persistance paid off.

Then, a few weeks ago, I asked out a girl named Nicole. She agreed to go out, and all the plans were set. Then she called the day before to cancel because something had come up that she had forgotten about. Everyone here said, "Low interest level. Next her!" But I called her back up a few weeks later and we set it up another date. I then found out that she kind of bores me. But persistance is what helped me learn that.

jamesblond

Reaction score
Great post

There's one thing that I'd like to add to this. Guy's - dont jump to negative conclusions! You cannot make rules for how YOU think other people should behave. She could have circumstances in her life at that moment that are preventing her from giving you that call or going on the date with you, and it is nothing personal. Of course if it develops into a constant pattern, then yeah - she might be just pulling your chain. Like MoTU says, be patient and persistent. And ALWAYS be dignified.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sort of thing has been brought up before... heck even back when I first started posting here. It applies to many DJ rules not just the callback. Basically its a question of how far to take the "rules" which actually are more like guidelines. I think the rules are fine for now because they are intended for newbs who get all focused on one chic and give her too much attention, get all hurt if she rejects him, will spend weeks calling her leaving messages hoping to set up that date when really she has already nexted him... etc.

Maybe some ammendments to the Bible are in order so that newbs know not to take this stuff too far. *shrug*

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
Please stop being so sensitive? That'll come when girls stop playing games. I'm not going to go around acting like a robot nodding away/shrugging pretending like it doesn't matter if someone rejects me. For the mean time I'll stick to the f-you and f-off routine to girls that disrespect me.
That would be ludicrous. How would you like it if every girl that you passed in the street told you to f-off? Since you didn't approach them and are not interested in them, you in fact "disrepected" them just as much as a girl who turned you down on a date.

The message here as a few others have stated, is to not get your panties in a bunch, don't have a cow, don't throw a hissy-fit, don't blow a gasket, don't freak out, don't have a temper tantrum, don't get upset, don't get your bowels in an uproar, don't sweat it. Get the picture?

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Bump.

More people should read this. :)

Ulex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the decision to “Next” a girl should be made on a case-to-case basis. One should analyse the reasons why the girl gave a refusal, and many times one may conclude that the error was not with the girl, but with oneself. As an example, most girls in traditional environments will only enter a relationship if things are done slowly, and an invitation to a cinema or to a dinner after meeting her may not be appropriate – even if there’s high interest.

Another example, many women today suffer from previous-relationship-suffering syndrome, which keeps them away from more audacious and direct DJ’s. These ones need more work and patience and one should not be surprised to take refusal if playing straight.

So I think there are many reasons a girl may show refusal, not necessarily lack of interest.

My philosophy tells me to handle with women like a game: forget pride, forget jealous, and forget emotion; just explore rationally all possibilities to win, if the prize is worth.

In any case, one should take refusal like loosing a set in a card game with friends. Smile, learn, and keep playing.

Good post Master of the Universe.

Ulex

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad someone brought this up.

I've noticed that "next!" has become the default piece of advice for nearly every problem on this board. I thought NEXTing was supposed to be a stopgap from letting a girl walk all over you, not a call to give up every time you have a minor problem with some chick.

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"The simple truth is that at this point in time, she may be a little interested, but not enough not change all her priorities to accommodate you. But why in the world would you expect that of her? One encounter with you is not sufficient for her to place you on the top of her priorities. This takes time on her part, and patience on yours."

I strongly disagree with the first paragraph. I have always been looking for a relationship where responsibilities are shared, and perhaps from this stems my biggest problem. But for $#@ sake, if she is vaguely interested, even only the POLITE thing to do is to play straight and either pitch up or get lost. Yes, I understand her interest may not be high initially. I'm sure most of us have been in a situation like this. However, it is the cowardly nature of women that pisses me off the most. The simplest form of putting it MOTU, is this. would YOU do this kind of thing to a woman? Do YOU THINK/FEEL it is right to do it? Would you still have respect for a woman if she put up with **** like that? These two have to add up. This is your way of checking to see if she has crossed any boundaries.

This is all it comes down to.

Here's an example. On Tuesday I met a blind coffee date organised through a female friend of mine. I knew she was wearing a red top and jeans (she told me on the phone). So when I pitched up, I saw her, and knew from her physcial characteristics that I would probably not be interested.

Now I have 2 options. I can either act like a ****head, and just walk off (she hadn't seen me yet). Or I could treat her like a normal human being, find out more about her and then decide.

Most women choose option 1 - hence the cowardice I mentioned before. All this BS about women looking for personality etc...I don't buy it. Yes to some extent they do, but in physical requirements they are AT LEAST as prejudiced as men are.

So I ended up having coffee, realising she's not my type, and we went out separate ways.

Women on purpose waste your time. They do. I have better things to do in my life than chasing skirts. Sorry, but that's the truth. When the right one comes along, so be it.

"Without a doubt, one of the most important characteristic I've seen in any man that's good with women is an almost insatiable persistence. But it's not the persistence that the average person may have - wondering why the girl doesn't return phone calls, or why she canceled the date, and pursuing her out of a fear of loss. The truly successful person knows that he is the goods, but that the girl has not realized that yet. And he does not blame the girl for her behavior, because he realizes that there's no way she can realize this until she's hung out with him for a few times. Please understand that she is not disrespecting you - you just haven't earned that priority yet."

Good point. I think most of us here (including me) are far from having the confidence required to do this. Remember, a big part of this site is dedicated to newbies, and the first thing for them is to set boundaries and gain confidence. This stuff comes later.

Main point of the post - would you waste a woman's time? If you would, then you are a ****head, and you deserve all the **** you get times 2. But the rest of us have a level of self respect which women try to chip away at, and I won't let them near that part of me. Not one of them.

cyrano

Don Juan
Reaction score
First up, a really good post by MoTU, even if I don't agree with it in it's entirety.

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that you can be too determined/persistent. Some things will just never happen- it's that simple. I know that I may well be castigated for saying this, but it is the truth. Self belief will get you so far, but some obstacles will remain insurmountable- for a variety of reasons, none of which can be negated by persistance.

By "chasing rainbows" you are in effect just letting yourself in for a world of pain. That is not to say that you shouldn't approach people you consider to be of exceptionally high quality, merely that you ought to know when to give up (which is the hardest thing to do- there is seemingly always something else that can be tried....). And before anyone spurts out the cliche(') "but I never give up", then welcome to Groundhog Day- just chasing the same goal all of the time, and never getting any closer, whilst all this time letting other opportunities go astray.

As for blowing girls off for giving you the cold shoulder- I suppose I can have some empathy here. Nobody likes to have their ego wounded. That said, I would be wary of showing too much compassion in this case. As far as I am concerned, if a woman can't show even a little interest in me to start with, then I am no way going to stroll around and let her come back at her leisure when she feel she can give me the time of day. I am nobody's second choice, and don't need to stand for that sort of behaviour. Perhaps when I'm old, poor, decrpit and lonely then I might be forced to have a rethink on this front, but until then, I will call the shots.

Just my two peneth...