Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guy getting called "sassy" by a girl

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at my fraternity tailgate this past weekend before our college football game just chilling and having a relaxed time. There were many girls there pre-gaming with us and I saw a group of three girls I have never seen before so I approached them and started chatting them up, showing a little intent but was mostly just being friendly and teasing them occasionally.

I continued to talk to them for about 10 more minutes then excused myself to check up on some tailgate logistics. I then proceeded to walk around and I see one of the girls from earlier standing alone so I went up to her and proceeded to flirt and exude my true personality. We were vibeing well and then at some point while I was teasing her by making fun of something she said, she told me I was sassy/I had some sass in a semi-flirty way.

Now I have never, ever had a girl say this to me and I can say that I am a fairly successful guy with ladies (if anyone has read some of my advice posts...although I do acknowledge I still have a lot to learn!) and I was just flabbergasted with this.

I don't even know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. What would being sassy as a guy actually mean? Has anyone else ever had a girl say this to you?

No I am not homosexual or metrosexual or a feminine guy by the way for any trolls. :rolleyes:

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
What on earth does 'sassy' even mean?
That is exactly what I am wondering.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sas·sy 1 (ss)
adj. sas·si·er, sas·si·est
1. Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
2. Lively and spirited; jaunty.
3. Stylish; chic: a sassy little hat.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
According to Urban Dictionary

Sassy means "possessing the attitude of someone endowed with an ungodly amount of cool." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sassy

Not a bad compliment in all honesty!
Haha well I'll take it. Always knew I was "sassy". :woo:

Who Dares Win said:
sas·sy 1 (ss)
adj. sas·si·er, sas·si·est
1. Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
2. Lively and spirited; jaunty.
3. Stylish; chic: a sassy little hat.
I've heard girls/women describe other girls/women as sassy and I'm guessing they mean mostly definitions #1 and 3, with a little of 2.

I like to think I'm definition of #2. Haha.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually means ball breaking in a gay way.

Probably her way of busting your balls about busting her's.

Looks like she got you!

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Usually means ball breaking in a gay way.

Probably her way of busting your balls about busting her's.

Looks like she got you!

Yeah she got me there because I had nothing witty to say back to her at that time.

I personally love girls who know how to actually tease back properly and bust on people's balls (talking in a non-sexual way right now ;) ).

It gives me a stir in my loins.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It means playfully sarcastic or ball busting or sort of feisty.

But it's usually a term used for females. It's almost never used to describe a guy.

Notwithstanding, I don't think it's anything to worry about. She's not suggesting you are gay. I think she's just being playful and/or didn't use the right word. You did fine game-wise. If anything, it's an IOI.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
I was at my fraternity tailgate this past weekend before our college football game just chilling and having a relaxed time. There were many girls there pre-gaming with us and I saw a group of three girls I have never seen before so I approached them and started chatting them up, showing a little intent but was mostly just being friendly and teasing them occasionally.

I continued to talk to them for about 10 more minutes then excused myself to check up on some tailgate logistics. I then proceeded to walk around and I see one of the girls from earlier standing alone so I went up to her and proceeded to flirt and exude my true personality. We were vibeing well and then at some point while I was teasing her by making fun of something she said, she told me I was sassy/I had some sass in a semi-flirty way.

Now I have never, ever had a girl say this to me and I can say that I am a fairly successful guy with ladies (if anyone has read some of my advice posts...although I do acknowledge I still have a lot to learn!) and I was just flabbergasted with this.

I don't even know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. What would being sassy as a guy actually mean? Has anyone else ever had a girl say this to you?

No I am not homosexual or metrosexual or a feminine guy by the way for any trolls. :rolleyes:
She's used to guys orbiting and kissing her ass.

You didn't.

Great job.

The Gambler

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about that one.

She'd obviously just learned a new word and couldn't wait to use it in conversation.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It means you are perceived as bold and witty. It's a good thing. Men don't use that word, but that's what she means.