Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO BULKING UP

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Messarger said:
Use these ratios to set up your diet: EAT THIS AMOUNT OF CALORIES EVERY DAY WHETHER YOU LIFT OR NOT

Protein: 1.3-1.5g / # of body weight
Carbs: 2-3g/ # of body weight
Fat .33 - .5g / # of body weight

Notes:
Carb sources: Whole wheat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, green vegetables, dextrose

Protein: whey powder, eggs, lean meats, fish, skim milk, lowfat cottage cheese

Fat: you'll probably get enough from the meats/eggs you eat, but supplement 1 TABLESPOON of FLAX OIL

Note: Keep fat intake to a minimum during this time. Whey protein is the desired protein source too due to its fast absorption by the body.

example:
Immediately post workout.
2 scoops whey
1 serving creatine transport + additional dextrose

1 hour post workout
2 scoops whey
2 potatoes

2 hours post workout
MRP
1 potato

3 hours post workout
regular meal (meats, eggs, etc..)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've recently started to read this Guide to Bulking Up, but there are some parts of this guide that i've tried to comprehend, but still dont understand what Diesel is trying to say.

1) What does he mean by:

Use these ratios to set up your diet: EAT THIS AMOUNT OF CALORIES EVERY DAY WHETHER YOU LIFT OR NOT

Protein: 1.3-1.5g / # of body weight
Carbs: 2-3g/ # of body weight
Fat .33 - .5g / # of body weight

First of all, i dont have a clue how to measure calories. Can anyone help me with this?

Secondly, what does Diesel mean by "Protein: 1.3-1.5 / # of body weight"? If it helps, by body weight is 60kg. Do i take 1.5 x 60kg = 90 of protien everday until i start to gain weight or bulk up?

Lastly, what exactly is whey protien that Diesel is talking about? Is it a supplement or can it be found in foods like chicken and fish?

Thanks.

Ignore this guide and search for the Idiots Guide to Growth, it'll answer all your questions

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Ignore this guide and search for the Idiots Guide to Growth, it'll answer all your questions
Damn, that was rude.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see it now; we're going to start having guys jump into threads and tell people that they shouldn't read one person's thread and read their own. No reasons given, just do what they say. This place will never get over the hump of allowing guys to choose a method, style or skill that works best for them.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
woops, my bad.

Last edited:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, diesel's not here to answer people's questions anymore -- and they ask quite a few (though usually by starting a new thread). messarger's questions on protein are directly answered by WBA's thread. they're also answered somewhere in these 15 pages of replies, but who's going to wade through it anymore?

and effort directed him to WBA's thread, not his own.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with working out my forearms twice a week now and I even increased my intake of whey to 2 scoops post workout and it is all helpful. I had family members complimenting me over how I looked buffer and all at a wedding (1st time I got compliments like that) and even my brother said my arms were becoming more defined so this thread has been helpful. oh yea, Francisco d' Anconia is a cool guy, dont talk bad about him.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Yeah, I can see it now; we're going to start having guys jump into threads and tell people that they shouldn't read one person's thread and read their own. No reasons given, just do what they say. This place will never get over the hump of allowing guys to choose a method, style or skill that works best for them.

Throttle pretty much said everything i was going to say. I have nothing against diesel, he knows his sh*t for sure, but the guide he put out isn't user friendly for newbies that have no idea how to construct a routine from the set numbers he outlined. The majority of guys here all have the same goal, add more muscle and lose fat. Guys are free to choose whatever method or style that they want to, but a lot of us have already wasted training years doing so and would like to save others time, money, frustration,etc. Theres no perfect style, but i'm positive the majority of the people here would do great on what Alex has in his guide, or on a modified Westside Barbell routine(my personal fav since everyone makes amazing progress with it), or Riptoe

Fascism Fun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlifts compress your spine. If you like walking and think you're going to see 60, avoid 'em.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fascism Fun said:
Deadlifts compress your spine. If you like walking and think you're going to see 60, avoid 'em.
That's bull. If you're deadlifting properly, there's nowt to worry about. Muscles ARE actually meant to be used ya know.

-shaun

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fascism Fun said:
Deadlifts compress your spine.
So does standing upright. Which I have been told is a tradition among many human cultures.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fascism Fun said:
A Swedish study shows that sitting upright increases the force on the spine by 140 percent, compared with standing; slump, and that number rises to 185 percent.

Laughing and coughing increase pressure on the spine too.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Damn, that was rude.

but somebody needed to say it.
This very same guide got me from 140 to 210 and I've only been lifting for 2 years

wildinthenorth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for posting this, by the way. Awhile ago I asked about a good bench routine, and the one you posted made me grow a lot, and very fast.

If you still have this bench workout, I would really like to see it. Thanks!:box:

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is a motivation for myself. The next time i review this thread, i will gain one kg.

T|CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
This very same guide got me from 140 to 210 and I've only been lifting for 2 years
And you're working each muscle group 1 time per week?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just Message D&B? Btw Diesil isn't around to answer questions anymore

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's an MRP? You listed it as something you eat, but I have no idea what it is.

DjVita

Don Juan
Reaction score
DIESEL said:
6. Train heavy - if you can do more than 8 reps it's too light, if you can't do 4 reps with good form it's too heavy.

14. Buy a little notebook and track your reps and sets.. each week try to do more weight and more reps. Once you hit the 8 reps you know it's time to up the weight.

15. After 8 weeks, TAKE ONE FULL WEEK OFF THE GYM. This will recharge your body and keep you from overtraining.

D
DIESEL said:
the best parts.

INTENSITY AND PROGRESSION. LIFT MORE AND MORE AN ALL THE WAY 10000%!
WRITE IT DOWN.
HAVE A GOOD DIET
and rest a lot...