"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Grrr. What kind of batch GF doesn't call on christmas?

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Maybe I'm just being a whiny b*tch....but WTF? It doesn't take much effort. I called and left a message this morning. She's out of town having Christmas with family.

F*cking seems like if I was that important, I'd at least get a goddamn phone call.

Call me crazy.


/Christmas venting session



BTW, merry Christmas, all you DJ's.

*raises glass*
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
sup dude- your gf didn't call for Christmas....wtf that sucks- then again you could always ditch her for New Years Eve and be unavailable like her...by the way Cactus you know of any other good clubs open tonight? All I know is McFaddens....thanks I'm getting cabin fever....
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Maybe not crazy but definitely intense. Talk to her after you cool down.
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
RiceHapa,

Yeah, bro, I'm pretty sure there's some places open tonight, but I don't know of any clubs off hand. Sh*t, I'm thinking about getting the hell out of the house, though.




Francisco d'Anconia,

Your right. I'm not going to call her back or anything. I don't know, it's weird though.
 

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
well I heard FX will be poppin as well as McFaddens- you could always hit them up...try to get out so you dont have to think about this **** man
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Yeah, I might pop downtown and try to forget about this stupid sh*t. Probably a good idea...I haven't gotten bombed on Christmas in a few years ;)
 

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
good luck man - to me clubbing downtown is the best way to get your mind off that ****- once you see all those breezies over in the clubs its all good - later (gotta be there for the pre 11pm $3 L.I.'s!)
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
1. She is too cheap and doesn't want to spend a dime to wish you a merry Christmas.

2. She expects you to call her first (don't do this).

3. She is on another guy's jock (maybe santa claus's):eek:

4. \she is too busy with family and friends and you are not her priority today.

5. Increased sunspot activity caused all satellites to be projected out of their orbit causing her cell phone not to work and all hardwired phones are "out of order" where she is visiting!:rolleyes:

6. She doesn't like you!:(
 

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
call me a crazy ass biatch

but i got a lot of txt messeges no calls though really except from my really good friends.

well i replied to all the ones i actually cared about and to none of the ones i didn't care about..

it only took a few seconds to txt back saying "back at you" or "luv ya to merry xmas"

so yah man, that's just me. But then again i txt'ed my ex g/f's and NONE of them txt'ed me back lol

so i'm with PuertoRican_Lover something on that list applies and we hope its just #5 :p and on that note did you call her cellphone and leave a messege because yeah i just wanna get that clear
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
5. Increased sunspot activity caused all satellites to be projected out of their orbit causing her cell phone not to work and all hardwired phones are "out of order" where she is visiting
Whoa. I'm remembering that one for future use.
 

Lysol

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
48
unless the phone lines were down or something, id have to say something is wrong. id be pretty pissed too!
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
For the record, she called at about 11pm, hehe.


I was clubbin.
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover




3. She is on another guy's jock (maybe santa claus's):eek:

I [heart] you PRL ;)

That fat bastard DJ'd my GF...

I bet it had something to do with that fuzzy beard :eek:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by cactus3178
For the record, she called at about 11pm, hehe.


I was clubbin.
See, no harm no foul. Never let a woman's actions dictate your feelings. She could have fvcked up your entire evening if you had let her. She was enjoying herself with some other interests so why can't you? Never depend on anyone else as the sole supplyer of your entertainment.

$FD
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by cactus3178
I [heart] you PRL ;)

That fat bastard DJ'd my GF...

I bet it had something to do with that fuzzy beard :eek:
Made a big fuss over nothing, didn't you? Sheesh, I bet if your girl acted like that with you, you'd dump her on the spot. Be a man.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by cactus3178
Maybe I'm just being a whiny b*tch....
Yup. I think you've got it pegged.

Christmas is a time for family. Are you family?

Just chill TF out and give her a call early this week and ask her how her holiday was.
 

Uncle FranKKK

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Age
54
Location
New York City
Originally posted by cactus3178
I [heart] you PRL ;)

That fat bastard DJ'd my GF...

I bet it had something to do with that fuzzy beard :eek:
Cactus,

Glad she ended up calling BUT...

Much more important than this one girl, this incident says a lot about where youi @ right now. And it's not a good place. You've given way too much power to this one woman over how you feel.

Not a big fan of calling some chick your GF in front of other guys... Where it doesn't matter what her title is. When one chick doesn't call, bounce off soft and move on to another one.

You're driving w/o a spare tire dude...

Get your a$$ down to Michelin TODAY and pick out something nice... just in case... Even if she's just a DONUT it's better than sitting on the side of the road freezing yo tail off!!!
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
1. She is too cheap and doesn't want to spend a dime to wish you a merry Christmas.

2. She expects you to call her first (don't do this).

3. She is on another guy's jock (maybe santa claus's):eek:

4. \she is too busy with family and friends and you are not her priority today.

5. Increased sunspot activity caused all satellites to be projected out of their orbit causing her cell phone not to work and all hardwired phones are "out of order" where she is visiting!:rolleyes:

6. She doesn't like you!:(
Good points. Despite the negative vibes, it´s still "good" because now the guy will know where he stands with "his" girl.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top