"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Group mall movs

Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Sunny Isle Beach
Hey. Im goin out with a group of enw friends here that are sort of popular. How can I be a fun person in this situation and not seem boring
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
by trying to imitate them in every way and being a sad lackey/hanger on.

By being yourself and having fun, they will see that you are a person capable of having fun and therefore a useful addition to them.
 

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 13, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
4
Be cool and confident and don't really care what they think about you. If they give you a chance by yourself, just break off from the group for a sec and go start up a conversation with the hottest girl you see. Compliment her on something that you can relate to, and if you can do that those dewds will see you as a God and try to model themselves after you for having such balls. Remember though, a man doesn't need to prove himself to anyone.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
When I grow up, I wanna be cool just like you.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top