Grey's Anatomy

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another Garbage. Not as bad as "Sex and the City"...but nearly as bad.

I am 38. During my late teenage years and early 20s, the young actors near my age (or slightly older) that were the “cool of the bunch” were the Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Christian Slater, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and of course, Patrick Dempsey. The actors that used to drive girls crazy and get the hate from most men. I never hate on those guys, in fact, I liked them.

This brings me to “Grey’s Anatomy”. I watched a few minutes (two different episodes) of this show, and I have reached a conclusion that this is another girly show. Garbage, I might add as it does not reflect male reality.

I mentioned this to my girlfriend (her sis wanted the show recorded), that this is a girly show…and she had her typical debate. Similar to this “Sex and the City” debate I had once. Her, “Well, I disagree with you…” but without providing anything to change my mind. Which is fine as I don’t have time for this kind of debates anyhow. Thankfully, she is not such a big fan of the show.

Anyway, I read an Interview with Dempsey that I found fascinating.

The points that I found fascinating and worth mentioning were

1- He was very concerned (checking his blackberry) with a car race. He had to leave his team in Mexico (they were riding in third place) because he had to go back to the U.S. for an interview with OPRAH. He sounded annoyed about that too as he rather be racing with his car than in front of Oprah.

2- His first marriage when he was 21 and his wife was 48 was mentioned. I sensed that his career was literally destroyed when he married that woman. A HUGE mistake. He is now 41 and she should be around 68. He is lucky he is not with her as he would be with an old fart right now.

3- He ended up marrying a younger woman and has twins. He is truly a family man. And continues to be a cool guy.

4- But as important, he appeared to be slightly critical about Grey’s Anatomy. As he stated that he felt the female characters were well developed…but the male, he felt were not as developed, because the characters were what the writer (a woman) felt a man should behave like from her point of view.

Hmmmmmm…

At least he is not afraid to mention this as he still has 3 more years in his contract. And he feels that the show has been good to him (for the opportunity), but he also admits that HE has been good to the show. This is a cool cat! No doubt.

Now…what’s my point? A LOT of women today are living under the perception of certain men behavior because of what FEMALE writers bring to the television. This kind of information is important, because if you find yourself with somebody that watches this show as religiously…you can rest assure that she also has a different perception of what a “man” should be.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes, I just have hope that women will watch that show to get their dose of drama and maybe, just maybe, I won't have to deal with it.

Some things you just can't change. It's interesting though, because the girls go for the alpha's in that show, and the AFC's act like AFC's. Grey liked Dreamy when he was married and just fukking her on the side, now she's back and forth. The little nerd guy ended up fukking his "friend" Grey, but she had no real attraction for him.....etc.....etc.......

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as "chick" shows go, Grey's Anatomy is a pretty good one from what I can tell.

And I'm still a little confused over all the hatred on "Sex and the City". Have you ever WATCHED the show? If any major "chick" show so perfectly espoused a lot of what we say on this site, it's that one.

In fact, there aren't that many serious shows these days that are as bad as those of the 80's. I mean, sure, there's Gilmore Girls and that kind of thing, but that's the exception. Most TV is pretty hardcore, especially with the HBO influence.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
As far as "chick" shows go, Grey's Anatomy is a pretty good one from what I can tell.

And I'm still a little confused over all the hatred on "Sex and the City". Have you ever WATCHED the show? If any major "chick" show so perfectly espoused a lot of what we say on this site, it's that one.

In fact, there aren't that many serious shows these days that are as bad as those of the 80's. I mean, sure, there's Gilmore Girls and that kind of thing, but that's the exception. Most TV is pretty hardcore, especially with the HBO influence.
I tend to watch the shows (at least once) before giving an opinion.

Sex and the City is one of the worst show in the sense that justifies being a ***** and I mean that literally (although many women call it "independence") and the SAME women that support the show are the ones that tend to be very feminist.

It is feminism to the core.

Do you know that one of the writers of the book "HE is not that into you" writes for Sex and the City?

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and that book isn't too bad either.

Yes, Sex and the City celebrates "independant" women, but last time I checked that's what we want. Or wait, are you one of the guys on here that wants his girls barefoot and in the kitchen? Since you say "it is feminism to the core", it sounds to me like yes. Because all feminism is the same... LOL.

All the smart, cool girls I know watch Sex and the City. I don't particularly like it, partially because there's something about that skinny Sarah girl that drives me nuts. But it is smart and it deals with modern dating in a sophisticated way. It certainly doesn't kowtow to the "cosmo" crowd... and if you think it does, watch it again.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
WHY are you on this site then?

That book tells girls that read it that unless men are AFCs, they're not into the girl. Girls who read that book THINK that men should act like supplicating AFCs who place them on the pedestal. If the men don't? That book tells girls they should look for the next guy who will! What happens? A downward spiral where men think they have to worship the pvssy to get the girl.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must have bought that copy of Details. I read the article too.

I ended up watching a couple of episodes of Sex in the City with my ex, and it's actually a pretty good show if you look at it from a creative point of view. It gives its audience what they want. They want to see strong, independent women getting what they want in life.

I agree, it's a chick show to its core. But like I have said in the past....the media doesn't CREATE the monster, it simply feeds it what it wants to eat.

Haven't seen greys anatomy, but hearing women I know talking about it and hearing the theme song pretty much tell me all I need to know (that it's a chick show and I don't care to watch it)

Sure, these shows are a crappy representation of reality. But that's what fictional television is all about.

I don't buy into the whole brainwashing theory. If women didn't WANT to see it, the show wouldn't have been so popular. If they didn't already have these ideas in their heads the script wouldn't fly. They write these shows to APPEAL TO women, not influence them.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blueguy said:
WHY are you on this site then?

That book tells girls that read it that unless men are AFCs, they're not into the girl. Girls who read that book THINK that men should act like supplicating AFCs who place them on the pedestal. If the men don't? That book tells girls they should look for the next guy who will! What happens? A downward spiral where men think they have to worship the pvssy to get the girl.
That book is VERY tongue-in-cheek, and any smart girl who reads it will realize exactly that. Since I'm only into smart girls, I'm not worried about the others. You guys worry about those.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Christ, Greys Anatomy is absolutely an abortion. I gave it a whirl with Mrs. K a coupla' weeks ago and I had to go watch six reruns of Boston Legal to purge that sh!t from my system.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grey's Anatomy...

...now THERE'S a show that really makes you miss E.R. in it's heyday. You know, back in the early days when my boy George Clooney was THE MAN. I mean, how macho can you start a show off OTHER than by having some chick being rushed to the E.R. because she just attempted suicide because the staff pediatrician (George) wouldn't commit to her...lol

Now I know it's just fiction boys, and NOBODY should "strive" to have chicks take an OVERDOSE because they're THAT sprung on your dyck, but come on:

George was the quintessential man's man on THAT show. He was always bucking the system, but for a righteous cause----and ALSO DJing the women along the way.

But the difference between HIS character and the standard issue jerk was that his character REALLY was passionate about wanting the best for his friends AND his patients.

Ahh...for those bygone days of yesteryear.

Well, AT LEAST we've still got the reruns! lol

Peace...one day.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, George was the sh*t on that show. That's a guy you can emulate.

Real life, too. He's still partying and getting it on with some seriously hot young women... and yet manages to direct great movies and effect political agendas.

I swear, he'll run for office some day. He's a Kennedy-esque democrat if I ever saw one.

DJF or John

Banned
Reaction score
You know, I've never posted in the Mature Man forum lol. I seen this Grey's Anatomy thing stick out, and decided to stop by.

Hello.

Well, to start off the discussion. Basically, alot of people have perceptions that T.V. is making men out to be whussies, and quite frankly, if you are so influenced by T.V. like a lot of people are, then a guy could easily become a wussy, lol.

But it's the same with listening to Rap Music. I mean, the guy listens to it and decides he wants to really go out and kill somebody.

What am I saying?

BE YOUR OWN MAN.

Set a new trend.

Bring a different energy.

Don't follow the televison stars, don't follow the media, and dont' follow what everybody wants you to do. The real "truth" of the world and YOUR world in particular, comes from the inside of you, not the outside.

For I once said that a man is a guy that has searched his soul and found himself. Notice, "he searched his soul" and found himself, he didn't "search the television channels."

Just thought I would add that little "input" to this ooo so nicely "Mature" Manly Man section lol.

- John

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A MAN'S show---Gun Smoke. Marshall Dillon never asked Miss Kitty to marry him!!

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alot of people have perceptions that T.V. is making men out to be whussies, and quite frankly, if you are so influenced by T.V.
BE YOUR OWN MAN.

Set a new trend.

Don't follow the televison stars, don't follow the media, and dont' follow what everybody wants you to do. The real "truth" of the world and YOUR world in particular, comes from the inside of you, not the outside.

For I once said that a man is a guy that has searched his soul and found himself. Notice, "he searched his soul" and found himself, he didn't "search the television channels."

Just thought I would add that little "input" to this ooo so nicely "Mature" Manly Man section lol.
Do NOT underestimate the influential powers of the media...as much as we'd all like to believe that we are NOT controlled by what we see or hear reality proves otherwise...people think they have control over lots of things...

Ninja Bob

Don Juan
Reaction score
ER in it's prime was a kick azz show. But fine as hell Parminder Nagra keeps me watching today's version. I love Indian chicks with english accents.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJF or John said:
What am I saying?

BE YOUR OWN MAN.

Set a new trend.

- John
Being "YOUR OWN MAN" isn't the problem. The problem is being your own man and dealing with the rest of the impressionables who consider our point of view sexist and hateful. Over the last few weeks the ugly truth about this country's culture (neo babylon) is settling in to the pit of my stomach like a poison. I hate conflict but if one arises and I have to open my mouth and defend what I believe in then I'll do it.

It makes me uneasy because I know it's going to get worse or create a serious backlash of biblical proportions. lol

I'd be oblivious and OK if I was the man I was before. It's sort of a drag knowing you can't go back. Ignorance is so so blissful.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:

Yes, Sex and the City celebrates "independant" women, but last time I checked that's what we want. Or wait, are you one of the guys on here that wants his girls barefoot and in the kitchen? Since you say "it is feminism to the core", it sounds to me like yes. Because all feminism is the same... LOL.

All the smart, cool girls I know watch Sex and the City. I don't particularly like it, partially because there's something about that skinny Sarah girl that drives me nuts. But it is smart and it deals with modern dating in a sophisticated way. It certainly doesn't kowtow to the "cosmo" crowd... and if you think it does, watch it again.
Dude...you do need some SERIOUS training on the DJ life. Or you have not read the book or watch the show. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm extremely open minded and I prefer independent women. But one thing is being independent and another is to complain about men and then whoring themselves to several of them. The show is about four women past their primes complaining and biatching about men. That is not modern dating as I personally don't date those kind of women. And NONE of the men I can categorized as a DJ would date that kind of women...unless those men are in their upper 40s or 50s.

I went to a book store (Noble and Barnes) and sat down and read most of the book. The book is VERY errouneous and pathetic. It tells woman that if a man does not propose for marriage or if he wants to wait a little longer, then that man in not "into her". And a LOT of non-sense like that.

The book is writen by a commedian that has ZERO experience on this kind of issues (as he himself admits it) and by one of the Sex and the City writers.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I ended up watching a couple of episodes of Sex in the City with my ex, and it's actually a pretty good show if you look at it from a creative point of view. It gives its audience what they want. They want to see strong, independent women getting what they want in life.

Exactly. But the beauty is that all they actually get is "loneliness"...a "married man"...a "single mother" lifelihood at almost 40...and some loser for a husband. And that's how I know that most of the women that support the show calling it "idenpendent women's dream" are morons.

There was one Episode that truly illustrated what this is all about. And it was the show about the "party girl" that ended up falling out of the window (killing herself). It is the show in which the aging female boss was pissed at the writer (one of the 4 chicks) because the writer (relatively younger) was with a powerful/succesful men that in the age group of the aging female boss. The aging female boss was trying to hit on him and was upset at her subordinate, because she did not find it fair that her subordinate was fishing from the older women's pond as there was limited amount of available men in her aging age group.

If ONE episode is the one to follow that's the one. As more likely than not...that would be the outcome of the unmarried characters. They will go on into become more powerful ($$$) like the aging editor. And then they will be alone, wondering why the men in their age group are dating the younger one. THAT is the MESSAGE of that show. That episode and that episode alone.
And that is what I find laughable...the message is clear. But the same women that follow the show are the ones that are ALWAYS complaining about the "you are a man".

The thing about the show is that all I saw where four women whining about their love lives. Then going back to the same men and getting phuck by then. Then Samantha (which is almost 50) acting all that...but at the end, she was worried about being lonely.

So...what bothered me about the show? Quite honestly the hipocrisy. I don't care if women behave like that as we all know those type of women end ALONE. But it bothers me when a similar show portraying MEN is shown and we have feminists all over the place writing letters and trying to get the show off the t.v. The SAME women that support the Sex and the City show.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
That book is VERY tongue-in-cheek, and any smart girl who reads it will realize exactly that. Since I'm only into smart girls, I'm not worried about the others. You guys worry about those.
The book is NOT tongue-in-cheek. I read the book.

It is a Self-Improving book. A book that is recommended by Oprah of all people.

And who do you think READ books? Smart girls are the ones that READ books. Smart girls are the ones that read Self-Improving books. Dumb girls don't read anything at all or if they do...are fashion or romance novels.

As I said...you have a LOT to learn.