Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Great social status article- by a girl

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitori's original article has been moved to the archive at fastseduction.com. The archive link is:

http://www.fastseduction.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=retrieve&grp=8&mn=1096448008178831

According to fastseduction.com's records, Hitori originally posted that article on September 24, 2004. She also submitted various replies to the original thread. Thus, I would be really skeptical if somebody claimed to have written that article "this year" as it's been in the mASF boards for almost a year under Hitori's name.

She has also posted other threads at the mASF at fastseduction.com, and they are good reads as well.

Maximus_Decimus

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good article overall

Really good and eyeopening article to expose the intricacies of the social interaction between men and women. I get the feeling however, that it is a little too much club/bar oriented. That is, it will mostly work in those situations. While the social value theory still work, you have to be aware that it is different in other contexts, like work, mall etc.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good article overall

Originally posted by legolas
Really good and eyeopening article to expose the intricacies of the social interaction between men and women. I get the feeling however, that it is a little too much club/bar oriented. That is, it will mostly work in those situations. While the social value theory still work, you have to be aware that it is different in other contexts, like work, mall etc.
Women are out to gain and maintain social status everywhere. It is part of their standard behavior, regardless of whether they are in a bar/club, with friends, at school, at work, etc. Hitori is explaining a general dynamic with women.

For instance, excluding the effects of looks/personality/wealth/race/etc, if you are playing on a mixed sports team, you are bound to get more attention from the other female players on your team if you are the best player on your team versus the other male team members.

Maximus_Decimus

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Good article overall

Originally posted by Maximus_Decimus
Women are out to gain and maintain social status everywhere. It is part of their standard behavior, regardless of whether they are in a bar/club, with friends, at school, at work, etc. Hitori is explaining a general dynamic with women.

For instance, excluding the effects of looks/personality/wealth/race/etc, if you are playing on a mixed sports team, you are bound to get more attention from the other female players on your team if you are the best player on your team versus the other male team members.

Maximus_Decimus
Interesting point you bring up!! I thought this applied mostly to high-school and/or party girls type, but I can see how it might work in other contexts. It seems that if you are an expert but not veryw ell known, it might not work so great. But if you're well known by other people, it surely would get a girl intrigued.

but what about the quiet girls, the ones who don't hang out with the "jocks"?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Good article overall

Originally posted by legolas

but what about the quiet girls, the ones who don't hang out with the "jocks"?
Girls will always want to date the guy with the highest status within their social scene. For cheerleaders, this means the captain of the football team. For nerdy girls, this means the guy that's memorized the dialogue to every Star Trek movie. For the goth girls, this means the guy with the 2 foot mohawk who's the lead singer of a punk band.

The context of what is "cool" can vary greatly, but girls will always be attracted to guys who are "cooler" than they are.

Don Giovanni

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a game of hierarchy that too many people play in life. Most people do not escape this hierarchy and will always see themselves in relation to other people. Who’s more popular? Who’s the cool guy? What are they doing?

This article is a perfect example of how you can get stuck in this game of hierarchy. When I first read this article, I thought the author said some interesting things that were even ‘insightful’ in a way. It is seductive, isn’t it? An article like this that seems to reveal so much about ‘social proof’ and how the hierarchy works, but more importantly how you can learn to play the game of ‘social status’ just as well too.

If this article was indeed written by a girl, should you be really that keen on following it without knowing where it leads? You have guys shouting on this board each week for guys to not act like girls and to man up.

Be a man.

Now, you want to learn how to be a woman. “This isn’t what we’re trying to do – this is about social status. You’re being overdramatic!” But I’m not. How many articles have you read about how women think and act differently than men? I have met some real men in my life and I can’t begin to tell how really different they are from what passes for a man these days. Can I even compare them at all to women in any way then or are they too hyper-masculinised to even talk to women? Far from it, they seem to interact better with women than ‘cool guys’ playing the hierarchy game. They seem incredibly in tune with themselves and the women they speak too so whenever someone walks away, they are generally impressed and think “Wow, that guy said something really interesting.” They’re not left thinking about how ‘cool’ these men acted, but instead with feeling impressed with who they were and what they said.

You don’t become a man by listening to a guide on how to pander to little girls even more. The social realm is really the realm of women. You knew this from observing them gossip and ultimately do nothing all day but talk. You would have to take action and get her to do stuff with you instead of always talking. Women aren’t just masters of communicating, they’re masters of socializing – masters of the game of hierarchy. Women will always anxiously compare themselves to every passing girl and wonder who is and who isn’t more popular than them.

She’s inviting you into her insanity and you’re just walking in? What’s the difference between this and her advice “You should always buy a box of Godiva chocolate on the first date, because girls LOVE Godiva chocolate. Oh and don’t forget the roses!” Only this advice doesn’t have you just buy her something. This has you become an acrobat to swing and jump through hoops and live always under the hierarchy of social status, wondering if you’re ‘cool’ enough.

There is a distinction between an employee and an entrepreneur that can be applied very appropriately here. An employee works for someone else and will always climb the corporate ladder until he ceases to be an employee. An entrepreneur sets out to build his own ladder.

You have guys who have learned to play the game well and learned how to climb up the social hierarchy to attain that magical social status, which everyone is talking about. What’s wrong with this if it gets you the girls? What is wrong with social proof? You guys are smart and a part of you have always known all along that it was wrong to always bend and warp who you were to ‘fit in.’ Now some girl is telling you a sure way to bend and contort to ‘become the cool guy’ and get social status.

What is the Nice Guy really but a guy who warped himself either for women or society and ultimately failed? Now you have a surefire way of succeeding. You think you’ve entered another reality. One of the deepest fears and suspicions of the Nice Guy while he bumbles around in Nice Guy World is that he isn’t really living in the same reality as everyone else… while he had to struggle with girls, he secretly suspected that other guys were partying every weekend and getting laid left and right - he only needed to look at the jocks and jerks to know there was something more that he was blind to. He might be exposed to their world and think “Wow, I’ve been blind all this time. I didn’t know this was how people really lived. What have I been doing all these years?” And he’ll kick himself for it and try to make up for it by learning to be ‘cool’ and finally get to live in the ‘real’ world getting laid all over. But what he didn’t know was that even if you became like the jocks and jerks you would still never quite get there to the real world.

There is a real world and you won’t get there by climbing the hierarchy of ‘social status.’ The real world must be made by you. It will be the world you create. And you know what? You’ll love it there and people will wonder how you can be so confident and happy with your life. When you talk to them, you will already be in tune with yourself so that for the first time you can also be in tune with the girl. She won’t be wondering in her head whether or not you’re one of the cool guys, because she’ll be too immersed in you, too impressed.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Giovanni, I think you've gone off the other side of the "Be a Man" argument.

Social status is not a game that only "girls" play. In fact, I find that MEN have a greater use for social status than women. The Alpha Male in the herd MUST understand everyones standing, including his own, in order to maximise his herds potential, and to stay at the top. By definition, the Alpha Male is at the TOP of the social ladder. If someone is OFF the ladder, he's called a hermit.

It matters not whether the article was written by a man or a woman. The important thing is that it's true and relevant.

But I do agree with your point of not worrying about the social status thing TOO much ("am i cool??? what about that AMOG???). We've gotta strike a balance between the two.

-make love, not war-

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Giovanni
There is a game of hierarchy that too many people play in life. Most people do not escape this hierarchy and will always see themselves in relation to other people. Who’s more popular? Who’s the cool guy? What are they doing?

This article is a perfect example of how you can get stuck in this game of hierarchy. When I first read this article, I thought the author said some interesting things that were even ‘insightful?in a way. It is seductive, isn’t it? An article like this that seems to reveal so much about ‘social proof?and how the hierarchy works, but more importantly how you can learn to play the game of ‘social status?just as well too.
Hitori's article is good because it describes how women view and deal with social status. Whether one implements all the methods contained in that article to increase their social status is up to them. However, one shouldn't be ignorant of reality.

Hitori offered a good piece of knowledge in that article. Knowledge can be used for good or bad. I would think that most people benefit when they expand their knowledge.

Mind you, the hiearchy of status is found everywhere, and not just in social circles. Politics? Military? Business?

Maximus_Decimus

Don Giovanni

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do a search on this site for all the debates that have taken place around the issue of being an employee vs. being an entrepreneur (starting your own business, investing to eventually be able to quit your job, etc.). How do you convince someone that working for yourself to eventually achieve financial independence is better than working for someone else and having them reap the fruits of your labor? How do you tell them to strive for more, to seek freedom rather than security? How do you tell them to BE DARING .

Don Giovanni, I think you’ve gone off the other side of the “Be a Man” argument.

Social status is not a game that only "girls" play. In fact, I find that MEN have a greater use for social status than women. The Alpha Male in the herd MUST understand everyones standing, including his own, in order to maximise his herds potential, and to stay at the top. By definition, the Alpha Male is at the TOP of the social ladder. If someone is OFF the ladder, he's called a hermit.
Are you beast or man? If you are a man, then stop referring to yourself as livestock.

There is a difference between living in the cage that is social hierarchy and being social. Your social wellbeing in life is just as important as your physical wellbeing. Talk to girls, get their numbers and date them – but on your own terms.

You seem to want to be the ‘coolest guy’ in the room or the ‘Alpha Male’ of the group. Why? Presumably to maximize whatever it is you want – attention, ‘respect’ (hah!), women, etc. If you’re referring to attention, know that you’re letting other people decide your happiness for you. It doesn’t have to be this way. Your joy can be your own and it doesn’t have to be at the mercy of whatever scraps of attention some girl throws your way. And the respect you receive is really the respect you give yourself so if you take care of yourself, it’ll tend to itself.

But for the sake of women is probably the real reason you are so eager to figure out the hierarchy and climb the ladder. I’m going to let you in on a little secret then.

End Game.

There is something I realized over the years about DJing and getting the women and that is End Game. If you succeed as a Don Juan, you will reach End Game. Have you ever noticed that some guys can give great advice to other people for their relationships even though they might never have been in a similar situation? Where does this come from? Do you think every time they encounter a problem with a girl they rush to look up a solution for it in the DJ bible? Or do they post it on a dating forum and let the majority decide the future of their relationship? No, they don’t. What they know does not come from a specific ‘tip’ they read somewhere, but from a wisdom of life. This is End Game and at this point, you do know how to handle women appropriately and more importantly how to make yourself happy. But you won’t get there if you’re constantly trying to be ‘cool’ or ‘Alpha’ in order to impress some chick.

I find Vassago’s farewell post very enlightening: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=41291

If you don’t know, Vassago is one of the oldest posters on the board and was here when Anti-Dump was here too. He used to criticize/bash Anti-Dump and his ideas quite frequently. Notice Pook’s response.

Hitori’s article is good because it describes how women view and deal with social status. Whether one implements all the methods contained in that article to increase their social status is up to them. However, one shouldn’t be ignorant of reality.
Plato, a Greek philosopher told a story about a Cave. In the dark cave were men chained and forced to stare at a wall their entire lives with the only source of light coming from a small fire above them at a distance and out of sight. On the wall that the men were forced to stare at, shadows appeared frequently and the man who spotted and identified them the quickest was applauded by the rest. But one man was unchained and forced fighting into the sunlight and although dazed and confused, he realized that this was the real world. Here was freedom unknown and the shadows made by the fire exposed. The man was returned to his former position staring at the wall in the cave. The man being exposed to the truth could now spot and identify the shadows on the wall better than any man, because he had seen what caused the shadows. He could now easily become the most applauded and honored man in the cave, the man with the highest status.

No, I don’t believe people should be ignorant of reality. That is the reason I said this article is a perfect example of how you can get stuck in the game of hierarchy, because this article is an example that reveals (or unintentionally reveals). It is good to know what other people are saying, not in order to better play this game of hierarchy and learn how to bend yourself to impress some girl, but so that you can better open your mind and free yourself from it.

Mind you, the hierarchy of status is found everywhere, and not just in social circles. Politics? Military? Business?
Come now Maximus, use your sense. In politics, military, and business you will find structured roles and ‘statuses’ that are imposed. Who is to say what ‘status’ you occupy in life? Your friends? Or god forbid – some girl? You can get fired at a job if you step out of line with your boss. Is some girl going to fire you? Or will she just ‘demote’ you to ‘uncool’? Take control of your life and don’t let your joy be at the mercy of women.

Guys, you are the man in the cave who has been given the opportunity to walk in the sunlight. Who doesn’t feel their eyes have opened since coming here and have finally gotten a glimpse of the outside world after living in a dark cave for so long? You have been outside the cave and you have seen something few have. You have been outside every time you read an article and imagined something being possible in your life that wasn’t before. You are outside whenever you hear some guys telling you that you CAN live and love the way you want to – and for brief moment, you believed it.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao, no Don Giovanni, I wasn't referring to people as livestock. I'm just a darwinist kinda guy, and I always think back to the times when we homo-sapiens stuck together in little groups (HERDS).

Anyways...

I think we have a problem in that...in the original article by hitori, she has an intro that basically says "Don't go into this too much. For advances PUA ONLY." It's not there anymore (dunno why), but I think thats what your trying to say Don Gio? But I think the article does a great job in simplifying EVERYTHING a women does into a simple point: "Women want to increase their social status." And in this murky field of seduction, when you find something THAT enlightening and simple, we tend to latch onto it. Frankly, this is the closest thing I've read there is to answering the question "What do Women want?"

I totally agree with your "End Game" concept. I personally call it a "feel" for something. I no longer come here to look for specific lines or techniques. I'm here to improve my "feel" of seduction. When I'm out there, that "feel" guides me and my actions. Psychologists call this the subconscious "flow" I believe? Someone said this before, but:

"Read EVERYTHING YOU CAN in here. Then, go out in the field and throw everything out the window."

That article by Hitori is no longer in my conscious realms of memory. I don't really remeber what it's about except women want to increase their status. The rest of the article has sunk into my subconscious and has becoeme part of my "Flow." Now, I am better prepared to become the person I want to be.

-Fenderiser-

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I don’t believe people should be ignorant of reality. That is the reason I said this article is a perfect example of how you can get stuck in the game of hierarchy, because this article is an example that reveals (or unintentionally reveals). It is good to know what other people are saying, not in order to better play this game of hierarchy and learn how to bend yourself to impress some girl, but so that you can better open your mind and free yourself from it.
Yes, it is good to recognize and understand your environment. The aformentioned article by Hitori is good because she accurately describes the dynamics in a social environment involving women. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. But we should appreciate Hitori for the knowledge that she has imparted upon us.

Come now Maximus, use your sense. In politics, military, and business you will find structured roles and ‘statuses?that are imposed.
And in politics and the military, how do people manage to climb the structure? Don't you think other people's perception of them influences whether they can ascend the next level of that structure? What is good about Hitori's article is that she reveals the dynamics of perception within a social circle involving women. She is giving us knowledge and it is up to how the reader wishes to use this knowledge.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Giovanni

Don Juan
Reaction score
I slam down volumes of books in front of your screen. They read:

The Intricacies of Women and Money Explained – FINALLY get in her head and understand “How Money Tames the Dames!”

Color Coordination in Clothing Revealed: Blue shirt with red pants really DOES make her wet!

Excuse me, Miss did you just blink? Learn what is really going on in her head when she blinks THREE TIMES in a row

And so on.

Do you really think these (hopefully) imaginary books aim to just illuminate? Would you appreciate the knowledge in these tomes?

Yes, it is good to recognize and understand your environment. The aformentioned article by Hitori is good because she accurately describes the dynamics in a social environment involving women. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. But we should appreciate Hitori for the knowledge that she has imparted upon us.
In the example I gave previously of Plato’s Cave, would it be a service to men to read an article explaining how shadows appeared in the Cave? Would the article have men going in circles in life literally staring at shadows or would it free them of their chains and ultimately the Cave? After reading such a fantastic article, a guy will be better able than ever to point out shadows. “But this social status business is not shadows – it’s real!” Whoever said the shadows were not there? But what is a cup – the object I hold in my hand or the shadow on the wall? What I love about this site is that even the most stubborn will get dragged kicking and screaming out of their caves into the sunlight once in a while. What they decide to do once they return to their chains is up to them.

And in politics and the military, how do people manage to climb the structure? Don't you think other people's perception of them influences whether they can ascend the next level of that structure?
You compare life with climbing the ladder of politics and military. I don’t think you understood what I was getting at. I’m trying to point out that politics, military, and business are separate realms from that of social life. Set them apart.

You keep confusing/mixing them into one thing. Why do you do this? Why do you keep thinking life resembles the military where the general commands the infantrymen?

Let me ask you something Maximus: What does advancement on the social ladder of life look like? Who promotes me upward? Think carefully about this.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly Don Gio, I think the cavemen would've benefited if they read that article on the shadows.

I don't really see a problem with Hitori's article.

READ it! GO out there and test it out!

How hard can that be?

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I slam down volumes of books in front of your screen. They read:

The Intricacies of Women and Money Explained ?FINALLY get in her head and understand “How Money Tames the Dames!”[

Color Coordination in Clothing Revealed: Blue shirt with red pants really DOES make her wet!

Excuse me, Miss did you just blink? Learn what is really going on in her head when she blinks THREE TIMES in a row

And so on.

Do you really think these (hopefully) imaginary books aim to just illuminate? Would you appreciate the knowledge in these tomes?
It's good to know we're on different pages. I take it that you don't believe in learning more about women? Since this is a forum on "Discuss meeting, dating, and attracting women," don't you think accurate knowledge about women is useful at all?

I assume you're a Pook lover as well. If so, do you think Pook didn't spend his time learning about women at all? Maybe you should read this article that Pook posted about women:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=59124&highlight=feelings

And yes, I really appreciated this volume that Pook wrote.

Maximus_Decimus

Last edited:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I like where gio is comming from, I hope he continues......

Don Giovanni

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to tell you a story about a guy I know.

This guy became really smooth with the ladies when he was a young man. He came from a wealthy family and lived in the most expensive neighborhood in the city. Money was never a problem and he lacked nothing growing up. He drove the most expensive cars and since he was the youngest, he got away with almost everything. But because of things outside of his control, his girlfriend left him. He was devastated.

This is when he became a ladies’ man. He became one of the most popular guys in the neighborhood and women flocked to him. He never even had to leave his neighborhood or go to new bars to pickup women. He knew all the waiters and they always introduced him to any girl that caught his eye.

I once asked him what was more important to him: women or friends? He told me that women always came first for him.

Today, he is married and he still lives in the wealthiest neighborhood of the city. The problem is that some things in his life have been outside of his control. Because of a condition of his eyesight, he has become dependent on his wife. He couldn’t leave her now if he wanted to.

I respect him and his wife very much and they seem happy enough together. But sometimes, when I see him turn to his wife to seek approval or attention or when he tells me about how many friends they have and how many people they know in the neighborhood, I feel sad for him, because I think he has missed something great in his life. He’s too old now for me to even try to convince him of anything as absurd as some bit of sunlight outsight of a cave. I probably can’t take him there if I wanted to. And perhaps it is better that he never know of this absurd sunlight that I speak of as his sight slowly fails him.

I wrote more after this point, but I’m deleting it. Most of you already know where I am coming from and I think anyone who has been here a while already knows what it takes to be successful with women. Maximize your looks and approach. Approach enough times and *poof* magic. It gets tricky when you want quality. For that, you must put in quality with yourself. The important element is you. Can you approach? What will it take to get you to that point? Figure yourself out.