Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Great DJ movies

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
I've seen older threads on the site, but maybe an update doesn't hurt.
What movie has a great DJ starring in it?

For me, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, What women want, Hitch(without the last half an hour), Alfie (specially the Michael Caine version), Spread, Swingers had characters I could relate to and inspired me in some way.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
The Tao of Steve.

Interesting movie that touches on several relevant concepts, can absolutely recommend to anyone on this forum who hasn't seen it.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I’ve always found it strange that screenwriters in general seem to have a deep knowledge of game and how it works, not just in the movie genres you mention, but almost across the board. When you look at the dialogue between characters, a lot of it mimics the principles that we espouse here on SS.

Most of the dialogue they write is for dysfunctional relationships, and I have to say they seem to have an innate understanding of how things work.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Hitch was very good for the first hour. Did they take out the writer halfway through?
Seems so. The last half an hour is insultingly bad and unfitting. I don't believe Smith's character in the end.
Even when a DJ falls in love, that's not how it happens.
 
Top