Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Grades out of College for Jobs

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the Don Juans who graduated college, when you were in the process of getting hired, did companies ever ask to see your actual transcript with all of the grades on it? Or did they just ask to see your resume?

I’m just curious because I hear all kinds of different things from different people.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the Don Juans who graduated college, when you were in the process of getting hired, did companies ever ask to see your actual transcript with all of the grades on it? Or did they just ask to see your resume?

I’m just curious because I hear all kinds of different things from different people.
Nope never.

Useless you apply to some professions like: Law, Médical school.... Where your "school+grades" will impact your search. Engineer it's about the school.

You will have interviews based on what you studies. That's it

Grade are for high éducation

ShadowFenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Still in school for software engineering, and applying to internships, from my experience about 5% of companies want a transcript.

From what I read from recruiters, they want to see at least a 3.0 if you're in engineering.

I'm of the opinion that a strong resume means a lot more than a strong GPA. The GPA might get you the job, but you won't have the same experience as someone who say worked through college, and might not work as well in a real environment.

Of course if you can do both then you're golden.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still in school for software engineering, and applying to internships, from my experience about 5% of companies want a transcript.

From what I read from recruiters, they want to see at least a 3.0 if you're in engineering.

I'm of the opinion that a strong resume means a lot more than a strong GPA. The GPA might get you the job, but you won't have the same experience as someone who say worked through college, and might not work as well in a real environment.

Of course if you can do both then you're golden.
Same here. I’m thinking that if I apply myself, I should be able to graduate with a 3.0 or higher. We’ll just see how it plays out. That’s my goal at least, to graduate with a 3+.

If I just keep chasing my passions and keep doing what I’m doing, my resume will be amazing. That can help compensate for the GPA if I fall slightly short of a 3.0.

I definitely need to keep working towards getting an internship and putting myself out there with networking.

Of course, even if I had a bad GPA, I would just need to make sure I got a good job with one Tech company for a couple years. Surely I could do that. After that, my college grades become meaningless and it’s all about the resume. Then I could work wherever I wanted to.

One more thing, I hear interviews for programming positions are kind of intense. I’m definitely gonna be grinding the leet code so that I can be prepared and not look like an idiot in those interviews lol.

ShadowFenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
One more thing, I hear interviews for programming positions are kind of intense. I’m definitely gonna be grinding the leet code so that I can be prepared and not look like an idiot in those interviews lol.
Yeah they definitely aren't fun. I would recommend reading Cracking the Coding Interview. LeetCode is great and I know questions from that came up on some of my interviews, but I hadn't really dedicated much time to it, so I was unprepared for interviews.

Some interviewers will not be helpful when solving a problem, some will. Either way, they want you to demonstrate that you can find the optimal (if you find a non optimal solution, that will hurt you a lot) solution.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your grades don't really matter for a job. For grad school? Maybe. Bragging about your GPA and such on a resume may even in some cases get yours ignored.

Most employers don't care about your ability to quote memorized facts. Your IQ? Yes, some employers do care what your IQ is. One other important thing to note: employers don't care how hard of a worker you are. All they care about is "can you carry out the duties of the job." And that's it! If you can do things in an efficient, lazy manner, great. If you need to work at it a little, also great. What matters is that the tasks get completed.