Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got turned down by woman on OLD. Feel indifferent about it.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
True. OLD sucks now, but before Covid there were more chicks and hotter ones on there. I noticed the hot ones always had a screw loose when I went on a date. One of them on the 4 hour date kept talking about how her brother sexually abused her. Then a few days later in text she said I can't let go of my dads death! He passed away 4 months earlier and I only mentioned it once on the date LOL.

Another one was an HB9 and divorced after a year! She claimed her husband was tired of marriage. More like he was tired of her.
Look at the threads from the early 2000s about OLD, they have the exact same complaints we have today. THERE NEVER WAS A GOLDEN AGE OF OLD.

Reaction score
Look at the threads from the early 2000s about OLD, they have the exact same complaints we have today. THERE NEVER WAS A GOLDEN AGE OF OLD.
This, OLD back in the day was mainly whales and crazy girls lol.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same thing happen to me a couple years ago with a Miami chick. Sent her a selfie and she never replied that was it. Single mum too but a sexy Latina non the less. I was chubbier then so yes it hurt but I just kept it moving, lost weight cut down alcohol and we move.

I agree with the guy saying never submit to their requests of more pics/info. It’s a ***** move to cave in.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny… I met my wife on OLD. But I agree that most experiences on it are bad. It’s a good platform to practice messing with their bratty behavior. One asked me for more pictures once and I declined. She disappeared in a huff.
Are you guys on OLD sites flipping the script immediately and letting them know that they need to conform to your standards?
I didn’t think so.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The swipe apps only accentuated all of the worst attributes of website dating during the 2000s/early 2010s.

If you think about the 2005-2011 era of website based dating, women were getting their inboxes pounded from horny, thirsty guys. It was common in those days for women to have 200+ messages sitting in their inbox.

Swipe apps were invented so that women would have fewer bad messages in their inbox. However, what ended up happening is that the volume shifted from the inbox to the match queue and women were still getting thirsty messages in their inbox.

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
People keep romanticising the "good old" days of OLD, the truth is it has always been a toxic cesspool.
A cesspool that an average man could eat decently off before it became saturated,full of bots,time wasters only looking for IG/tik tok followers and insane algorithms set up that only benefit the companies to make money, no golden era at all though ...

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
With OLD, we say we are indifferent and we may very well think that. But deep down, maybe subconsciously, it does bother us and it does take a toll.

Let's stop kidding ourselves and trying to convince OLD is in any way beneficial to men. We know the algorithms, we know the mindset, and we know the behavior patterns, why are we still trying to convince ourselves that we are indifferent? Maybe numb but deep down it is detrimental.

Modern Man Advice
I have had bad experiences like everyone BUT my favorite (and current) LTR so far, I met through OLD. I might be the exception rather than the rule, though, not gonna argue that.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had bad experiences like everyone BUT my favorite (and current) LTR so far, I met through OLD. I might be the exception rather than the rule, though, not gonna argue that.
100%

I myself have had both bad and good experiences with OLD. I think what most members here get wrong is that everything is black or white. There is no middle.

While I am against using OLD, I have used it (and use it from time to time to update myself on its algorithms and behavioral patterns) and had good connections. It can happen. But I will say that the odds are stacked against you so I think men experience more detrimental interactions than beneficial ones making OLD not worth it.

Men should be aware of the reality of OLD and it should bother us.

But I am glad you are one of the lucky ones to find a quality woman on OLD and connect. And I am glad you recognize you are the exception.

Modern Man Advice