Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got robbed last night

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
outside a bar/night club, went to go meet up with some friends. got beat up pretty bad, broken ribs, took my car which is why i'm sure i got targeted. just got released from hospital. i'm sore but i'm fine. just happy some broken ribs and a busted face is all I got. I can replace the car.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sh!t...are you really ok? Was it a bunch of guys? Were you alone when it happened?

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sux to hear that....stop hanging around the gethos...
I know in my own city...there are clubs/bar i'll never step into.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think it was 3 guys. yes i was by myself. thank god my fiancee wasn't with me, i probably would have gotten killed defending myself. seriously considering getting a conceal license. the dudes weren't big or anything but it was 3 of them and one of the might have had a gun. I didn't put up much defense, figured i can take an ass whipping, not worth it.

i have 3 cars, the car i was driving has 19' rims on it, which is why i'm sure i was targeted.

i'm good. Sore and high on xanax but good

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the license breaker. I have one. I carry in my vehicle and am packin at home as well.

We have a sheriff website in our town. Although I live in a nice exclusive area, the website shows a number of registered sex offenders living not far away. Never know who's lurking about. I have always asked the question, "what would I do until the police get here"?

Xanax=good stuff!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah they creeped up on me as soon as i stepped in my car, had i been packing they would have been got.

i wasn't at home, was in a so so part of town, but that's where the good music is.

if you think it about it, 99.9% of the people out there, don't really carry ****, dont' really have any way to defend themselves in that instance. basically you are just depending on good will. fuuuuck that.

i did not want to take the xanax, recovering addict and all, had to be talked into it. **** is pretty potent.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
yeah they creeped up on me as soon as i stepped in my car, had i been packing they would have been got.

i wasn't at home, was in a so so part of town, but that's where the good music is.

if you think it about it, 99.9% of the people out there, don't really carry ****, dont' really have any way to defend themselves in that instance. basically you are just depending on good will. fuuuuck that.

i did not want to take the xanax, recovering addict and all, had to be talked into it. **** is pretty potent.
I have used Xanax for years as needed for anxiety (brought on by a high stress job). Never have a craving for it. Just takes the edge off when I get stressed.

Funny about the 99.9 percent comment. I bet 25 percent of the guys in my office carry. You may be right though. We have a shooting league at work. It's fun. Of course I live out west. We still have outlaws n sh!t out here. :D

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That is the rationale behind martial arts, which I'm not suggesting would have saved you, but a gun is not the magic answer, either. I think everyone should have the right to own firearms, but fwiw I don't like anything as a weapon that can be taken away and used against me, which is what is going to happen when you pull it out and don't kill everyone immediately. Even if you are a perfect shot (most people are horrible), an adversary can still mortally wound you before he dies of blood loss from gunshots. Other advantages to fighting with your bare hands are that they don't run out of bullets or jam; they are always exactly where you need them; and you avoid all of the legal consequences of shooting someone. If you had blown those three guys away, even if you didn't go to jail, their widows and orphans would sue you in civil court, which is a certainty because you have assets to take.

Glad you're ok. I think you did the right thing by not fighting back.

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
f*** those losers. They'll get what the underworld has coming for being stinkin' frontline soldiers.

Now, a gun might have saved you however , it would have left you with legal cases to handle. Is it worth not getting beat up over? that's debatable.

What's for sure though is that, depending of your level of martial arts training, it's possible to severely injure a first assailant so badly that the rest would be in shock and simply run out of there for the mere fact that their 'buddy assailant' has his arm detached from him.

Or all assailants might have had a weapon ready to **** had he showed them that he was a threat...

But anyway, the important thing is that the op is still alive and can type at this point, so in this case ,notfighting back seems like a good decision, in this case.

I say basic martial arts (to the very least) would help anyone just as a gun would in this f'n jungle.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can defend myself, I took karate for pretty much my childhood, got up to a brown belt. I mean, i'm not a martial art master or anything but i can hold my own. but 3 against 1 and you dont' know what they do and do not have, just brace for an ass whipping and be done with it. that is not the time to play around.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Israel said:
f*** those losers. They'll get what the underworld has coming for being stinkin' frontline soldiers.

Now, a gun might have saved you however , it would have left you with legal cases to handle. Is it worth not getting beat up over? that's debatable.

What's for sure though is that, depending of your level of martial arts training, it's possible to severely injure a first assailant so badly that the rest would be in shock and simply run out of there for the mere fact that their 'buddy assailant' has his arm detached from him.

Or all assailants might have had a weapon ready to **** had he showed them that he was a threat...

But anyway, the important thing is that the op is still alive and can type at this point, so in this case ,notfighting back seems like a good decision, in this case.

I say basic martial arts (to the very least) would help anyone just as a gun would in this f'n jungle.
OK, the best news is OP is gonna be fine.

Maybe if more people carried and the creeps knew it, they would be less likely to rob and injure innocent folk for fear of getting shot. I have never really understood how people can do these type of things to their fellow human beings?

Maybe because they're not really human after all?

Anyway, he's ok. that's what counts.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I can defend myself, I took karate for pretty much my childhood, got up to a brown belt. I mean, i'm not a martial art master or anything but i can hold my own. but 3 against 1 and you dont' know what they do and do not have, just brace for an ass whipping and be done with it. that is not the time to play around.
Weather it be 1vs1, 3vs1 you still fight. If you knock one out, you still did some damage.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I think everyone should have the right to own firearms, but fwiw I don't like anything as a weapon that can be taken away and used against me, which is what is going to happen when you pull it out and don't kill everyone immediately.
Then kill everyone immediately. That's my plan. Even if you don't, most people are not going to keep ****ing with you if you pull a gun out. And if they do kill them, problem solved.

Even if you are a perfect shot (most people are horrible),
Most self defense shootings take place at extremely close ranges, like within 10 feet, even at that range someone who's a horrible shot can still be a real Frederick Zoller.

an adversary can still mortally wound you before he dies of blood loss from gunshots.
If someone is trying to kill you and is determined enough to do it after being shot multiple times, you were ****ed anyway, having a gun didn't help but it certainly didn't hurt. Most people are going to stop attacking you once you present a gun, the small percentage that don't will stop after you shoot them a few times, if they STILL don't stop, keep shooting them until they do.

Other advantages to fighting with your bare hands are that they don't run out of bullets or jam; they are always exactly where you need them;
Modern guns are very reliable. I've never had a jam with mine, and if I wanted to I could easily carry 50+ rounds completely concealed. Anyone who tries to **** with me won't even know I have a gun until it's too late. Unarmed combat won't be very effective against multiple assailants, armed assailants, stronger assailants, chemically enhanced assailants, etc.

If you had blown those three guys away, even if you didn't go to jail, their widows and orphans would sue you in civil court, which is a certainty because you have assets to take.
If I'm being beaten by 3 men, future civil suits are a minor concern. My top priority is surviving. I'll shoot first and deal with the legalities later. He was lucky they let him live.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need training to effectively use a gun in close quarters combat. When it's close enough you can't use a normal stance, which is where laser sights come in handy for shooting from the hip.

On the other hand, if you had a concealed that day they either could have run after seeing it or they could have pulled out guns of their own.. You would be dead in the second scenario.

Sorry to hear you got robbed, but for a violent robbery you're fairly close to a best-case scenario. You're not dead, nobody you care about is dead, you don't have an expensive self-defense case bothering you, etc.

EDIT: @Above: If you can take out three guys from a distance of less than 10 feet, after pulling the gun out while they are already coming at you, and do it before they grab the gun, you have the training. People that don't have the training could have a problem with that. Taking it out of the holster, flicking the safety, etc. Plus if you use isosceles stance it puts your gun within arm's reach.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming they keep coming and try to get the gun after you start shooting. I highly doubt most criminals are going to stick around once you pull a gun, much less advance straight into gunfire. And if they are crazy enough to do that and manage to survive and attack you, you were dead anyway, having a gun didn't hurt.

Also if I ever have to shoot someone I don't plan on standing still in a perfect competition target shooting stance while I do it, I'll be getting behind something or moving away from them while I fire.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats sucks man but good news is you're ok.

And another thing, guys like that ALWAYS get what they deserve,
eventually.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Also if I ever have to shoot someone I don't plan on standing still in a perfect competition target shooting stance while I do it, I'll be getting behind something or moving away from them while I fire.
I know. You know guns.

My point is, will those people that don't have training know to do the same?
My point II, while getting a gun and training is a good idea, in this situation it could quite likely have got backbreaker killed. They left him alive unarmed and relatively helpless, but if it's a guy with a gun you're not just going to take the gun and beat him up, you're going to kill him and run.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any formal training other than what I was legally required to get for my license to carry (which was a joke, it was a 2 hour class, I only had to fire 1 round at about 5 yards and the guy didn't even check to see if I hit the target or not). It's just common sense that if someone is attacking you you should move out of the way.

If the target has a gun most criminals will want to get away as quickly as possible because they don't want to get shot. Most criminals also don't want to kill anyone because the punishment for murder is much higher than the punishment for robbery/burglary. This creates an incentive to leave the victim alive and get the goods (car, jewelry, etc) as fast and with as little hassle as possible. If the victim proves to be a hard target most criminals would much prefer to simply move on to easier ones.

The ones that are crazy enough to kill their victims or keep attacking while being shot at are going to do that no matter what, so having a gun will never hurt. It can only help. Assuming you're not stupid enough to pull a gun, not use it, and then get shot with your own gun. NOT having a gun could just as easily (and probably more likely) gotten backbreaker killed. Since he didn't have a gun, he was at their mercy, and he's lucky they let him live.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, I am glad to see that you are still alive. Sorry to hear they stole your car.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They always talk about how the country used to be a friendlier place, but they never say why. A hundred years ago, everybody carried a gun.

Check out the Sig Sauer P226 X-Five with the brown grips.

Sorry to hear about this mang