Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got my first number... but I didn't use techniques

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's wierd, after a million failures, I finally scored a girl's number today, (she was an 8, by the way) and the funny thing is, I forget/neglected all the techniques and stuff I learned, but still pulled it off.

I didn't use kino, (I was sitting across from her, so I couldn't reach over without it seeming unnatural) qualification, C&F, or negs, yet somehow I still got a positive reaction and her number. The only thing I remembered to do was smile and maintain eye contact.

It's so odd, because normally I suck at interacting with women, and the techniques are all that give me a fighting chance, but the one time I forget to implement them, I succeed.

I can only assume it's because I was behaving more "naturally." Maybe I was never good at making the techniques feel natural, and by just going with the flow, I came across as more genuine and laid back.

Anyway, here's my question: is two days too short a time to wait before calling? It's just that I have exams next week, (I'm at University, as is she) then I'm going home for a month, for the Holidays. This saturday is the only real window I have to propose a date. Is waiting a month to call too long? Or should i call on the holidays just to talk, as we'll be 400 kilometers apart then. What should I do?

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude. You don't need techniques to ever get a woman's number. Don't try complicate the matter by buying into the belief that you need to apply C&F, negs etc.

Call in 2-3 days. It doesn't matter, just don't make it a month, that's beyond long. She'll have forgotten you by then unless you left a mega-lasting impression on yourself -- whether positive or not.

It also seems like you'll be 400 km apart. I suggest you look elsewhere if you want to progress into a relationship with this chick quick, and be ready to shell out huge sums on oil for travel.

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
It also seems like you'll be 400 km apart. I suggest you look elsewhere if you want to progress into a relationship with this chick quick, and be ready to shell out huge sums on oil for travel.
That's only my parent's place, I'm going down for the holidays; I live at Campus at University, and she lives short driving distance from the Uni, so most of the time, we're quite close, but thanks.

Also, should I call just to talk if I can't make time for a date, to show that I still exist and haven't forgotten about her, or should I only call to do a date?

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every woman is different, some you can't neg on, some don't take kindly to kino... some don't care for C&F. There is no one formula that will always get you numbers. It sounds like you acted appropriately in the environment and for that girl to respond and give you a number. Definitely don't wait too long to call her. I like to say 2 days is a good amount of time... shows you're not desperate, but that you are definitely interested. Definitely set up a date for Saturday if you can... then on your time off you can talk to her and get to know her on the phone.

changeherways

Don Juan
Reaction score
scrouds said:
Attitude is everything... you can call her today if you want to.
exactly...
the "wait 3-5 days" thing was designed for guys just starting out who tend to
"ACT" way too needy when it comes to trying to get follow up dates and such... these guys would call the woman a hour after meeting her and confess their undenying love for her, and how perfect their interaction was (see "swingers" for a reference).

if you don't come off like you're dieing to see her... and you aren't a chump in anyway when you talk to her - you can call her whenver you feel like it...

it also has a lot to do with the interest level you get out of her... if i have a girls interest level at a 10 out of 10 - i can get away with doing damn near ANYTHING AFCish in the world...

---
Techniques were also designed for guys starting out... i fully believe that they do not help most guys get laid much - but instead will help you can comfort and confidence around women.

playerone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, have the "i'm the man, i got nothing to lose" attitude. Once you score with your mind, you can't go wrong. Don't over-analyse what you should and should not do. When you are troubling yourself unnecessarily, remind yourself of who you are.

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just called... and got a guy who said it was a wrong number. Tried again, same thing.

Maybe she gave me a fake number. B!tch.

Gee, that's really encouraging, my first number close is a phony.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sucks dude... but I did want to say something, I've usually had the most success when I didn't think too much about the "rules" and was just in a good mood; attitude is everything. Anyway better luck next time, and remember that the number is just the start, if it's fake you haven't wasted any time on her.