Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good Stickshift Car?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
V6 Mustangs are slow; they are not a muscle car. Price the GT models with the V8 engine and note the price difference; also note how the mpg drops to sh!t. That is the price of muscle.
You do know that every car company in america will be doing away with V8's entirely and only be developing turbo diesel/direct injection V6's very shortly right?:D

To the orignal poster, why do you want a manual car? Any idot can do research as to which car is reliable and what not. I drive stick because those are the only cars i've ever driven. I feel a great sense of fustration when I am forced to drive an automatic vehicle but I have been know to do it from time to time. What is your preferance for reasoning behind wanting a manual vehicle?

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
stick is awesome. I think simply the fact that not many people drive stick is reason enough to do it well for me anyway. I have always driven stick and like you prmoon, automatic is just frusterating to me. i like knowing i have full control of my car andit keeps my alert. not to mention it uses less gas

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Youre an IDIOT! You clearly dont know SH*T about cars. Hondas are NOT expensive to fix and theyll last about forever. I had a friend with a civic with 200k miles. Dont give advice to other people when youre a retard.
maybe the mechanical parts will last, but the body wont... with the ****ty metal they use on those cars they rust out so bad... good luck finding a 90's honda, toyota, or subaru that doesnt have plenty of rust, unless maybe it lived in arizona all of its life...

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
its always intrigued me, and after coming back from vacation in south america where every car is stick, i just wanted one so badly. yeah so mustang is out of the picture, i had my doubts since its a ford but its a cheap goof looking car. I like how the toyota celica looks and its japanese and good acceleration. any other cars that are durable stickshift and looks good with a good acceleration?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
You do know that every car company in america will be doing away with V8's entirely and only be developing turbo diesel/direct injection V6's very shortly right?:D

No, I didn't. Could you elaborate on that? Do you mean cars like the Mustang GT will soon not be available with a V8? :confused:

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Booblepook said:
V6 stang is faster than your average civic. V8 is better, but V6 is still potent. Gas isn't that big of a deal.

Thing about Civic and other Hondas, and Toyotas, and Mazdas, and other Japanese cars, is that they are:

A) Not durable
B) Cost a lot of money to fix
C) Does not last long
D) Not powerful
E) They are front wheel drive cars
F) They are not fun because there is no torque
G) They are not powerful because there is no horsepower
H) They are slow

For a Civic to go as fast as mustang it needs to be modified and it needs to hook. It simply is not possible on the street tires. Thus your Civic experience will be very borring, since it does not have a lot of torque. Just think your average family car. Some grossery hauling mini vans are faster than a Civic.

For your budget:

Mustang GT, 91 to 93
Mustang LX 5.0, 91 to 93
Mustang GT, 94 to 99
Taurus SHO
Focus SVT
Coutour SVT
Mustang SVO (best car ever made, 400 horse, 2000 lbs, a 4 cyclinder rocket ship)

The 91 to 93 stang is a way to go, since they are light and have small block ford. Later models have a mod motor. Mustangs are modern muscle cars, if you want a small car go with Coutour and Focus SVT and Mustang SVO, for mid size, go with Taurus SHO.

What's good is that all those cars are Ford. So you know you're buying quality, durability, and longevity. This would be a good investment, unlike a Civic, in 5 years you could resell your car for more money. With Civic, in 5 years you will be paying junk yard to take it.
I'm pretty sure you're trolling, because there is no way somebody could be this dumb :crackup:

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
No, I didn't. Could you elaborate on that? Do you mean cars like the Mustang GT will soon not be available with a V8? :confused:
Yeah I read that in Motor Trend or Hot Rod.. one of the 2. Ford is aiming toward high induction turbo's along with diesels, and Chevy is aiming to be completely hydrogen powered in the future. 35 mpg is the new benchmark that every new car must meet by 2020... pretty much eliminating big engines and turning to high pressure forced induction small fuel engines or straight up hydrogen powered. Eat up the muscle cars while they last because they wont be around for much longer.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Such is the current spiel of the politicians and automakers to get the environmental groups off their backs, but far-reaching deadlines like those often get pushed back. It will be a different group of old men running the country in twelve years, who will likely either move back that deadline or create several loopholes in it. But it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

There are also already enough V8 engines in the world to power the rides of gearheads and collectors for the next 100 years. A professor of mine went to Cuba recently, and said virtually every automobile on their roads was manufactured in the 1950's. Cars can last a long time.

Reaction score
honda civics have really good acceleration for how small the engine is, and the y WILL last you for a ****ing long time, i would argue longer than most other cars. VW golfs have ****ty acceleration, or at least the one my friend has does. top speed is like 120 Km p/h. I dont know enough about cars to give you good advice but i can tell you to not listen to bobblepook or whatever his name is. civics are very reliable cars

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your friend probably has the City Golf, which is cheap, and weak. Certain Golf models are quite quick though, particularly the turbo diesel I believe. In Germany they sell a sporty version called R-34 or something, but sadly I don't think it made it across the Atlantic.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
A professor of mine went to Cuba recently, and said virtually every automobile on their roads was manufactured in the 1950's. Cars can last a long time.
Yeah and most of them are American made. It's mostly the cold weather and raod salt that shortens the life of cars in N. America.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
Your friend probably has the City Golf, which is cheap, and weak. Certain Golf models are quite quick though, particularly the turbo diesel I believe. In Germany they sell a sporty version called R-34 or something, but sadly I don't think it made it across the Atlantic.
Its called the R32.. and I've seen plenty driving around in the US.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably just didn't make it into Canada then, we get screwed over quite often in the car market up here... It's total BS, we don't get a lot of models and when we do, even for cars manufactured right here IN ONTARIO, we pay more than Americans because of 'transportation costs' and such, which is just stupid.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
emelec said:
I like how the toyota celica looks and its japanese and good acceleration. any other cars that are durable stickshift and looks good with a good acceleration?
I love my GTS.

There are alot of four banger cars, japanese and american, made in the last 4 or so years for you to pick from. Neons, Preludes, Civics, Celicas, Cavaliers, Alleros, Probes etc etc V6's are just as plentiful. It all depends on your taste, what condition the car is in, and how well you take care of your vehicle after the fact.

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To help original poster...
except from the Toyota Celica, other quick Toyotas include; MR2, Corolla T-Sport, Corolla T-Sport Kompressor, Yaris turbo, Auris top of the line D4D.

Volkswagen; Golf GTI is obviously an option, along with Golf R32, Polo GTI, Skoda Fabia VRS, Skoda Octavia VRS, Audi S3, Audi S4, etc etc

Honda - Civic Type-R, Integra Type-R, S2000, etc

Mazdaspeed cars, etc etc

List could be endless. My favourite cars would be; Corolla T-Sport Kompressor, Audi S3 and the Skoda Octavia VRS, all can be picked up second hand at a reasonable price.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jerry Maguire said:
To help original poster...
except from the Toyota Celica, other quick Toyotas include; MR2, Corolla T-Sport, Corolla T-Sport Kompressor, Yaris turbo, Auris top of the line D4D.

Volkswagen; Golf GTI is obviously an option, along with Golf R32, Polo GTI, Skoda Fabia VRS, Skoda Octavia VRS, Audi S3, Audi S4, etc etc

Honda - Civic Type-R, Integra Type-R, S2000, etc

Mazdaspeed cars, etc etc

List could be endless. My favourite cars would be; Corolla T-Sport Kompressor, Audi S3 and the Skoda Octavia VRS, all can be picked up second hand at a reasonable price.
The word Yaris and quick can never be in the same sentence.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
af of mine has one, I thought the same, but apparently Toyota makes a Yaris turbo, and the car has been popular as a tuner in Japan.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf? Nearly all cars (90%??) are manual - ESPECIALLY older cars.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
There are also already enough V8 engines in the world to power the rides of gearheads and collectors for the next 100 years. A professor of mine went to Cuba recently, and said virtually every automobile on their roads was manufactured in the 1950's. Cars can last a long time.
The V6's Ford is planning on designing will actually be more powerful then a standard V8. They said something about the compression being higher and giving the vehicle more torque. Of course if you added the same technology to a V8 you'd really have something. Still there's something comforting in knowing I can buy a factory car that runs quick and has good fuel efficiency.

Speaking of V8's....

"Despite all the talk about a more fuel-efficient V6, Ford is reportedly also developing a supercharged version of its 5.0-liter V8 to be stuffed into a new flagship model that would compete with the Chevy Corvette ZR1 and Dodge Viper SRT10."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/25/ford-considering-twin-turbo-v6-for-future-mustangs-building-zr1/

So there! All is not lost for yet muscle soul!:D

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are going to be V6s that use forced induction, right? They would have to be turbo'd or supercharged to put out the V8-level power, or is it a different technology that is behind the higher compression? If it is all going back to turbos, I would be skeptical that North American manufacturers could do as well as what the Japanese companies produced in the 90's, but it will be fun to watch either way.