Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good Stickshift Car?

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a stickshift car. Ive been looking at cars and most are automatic. Im looking for a nice looking car that is reliable with a budget of
9k for the car. I heard civics ae a good car and mustangs are great cars except for the fact they are fords. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=255689516&recnum=0&leadExists=true <-- would this be a good car?

I wouldnt mind buying a muscle car. any help?

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you mean, the vast majority of cars come with a manual transmission at least optionally. Of course that's for new cars. For used cars it's harder because automatics are more popular. I don't know if there's any model where you're more likely to find manual transmissions.

Depends on what you're looking for really, a Civic and a Mustang are radically different cars.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
V6 Mustangs are slow; they are not a muscle car. Price the GT models with the V8 engine and note the price difference; also note how the mpg drops to sh!t. That is the price of muscle.

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it doesn't really matter because usually the clutch/transmission/drivetrain components will not break first (unless you don't know how to drive a manual). More likely, you will have the usual electrical and engine/exhaust problems with your car beforehand. So I recommend you choose a good car model that has good quality and then see about getting it as a stick shift.

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i want a good looking reliable car that has manual transmission and has pretty good acceleration. something within the range of 8 to 9k. so your saying that the mustang is basically crap.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't say 'crap,' just that most people don't realize the drastic difference between the V6 and the V8 in the Mustang. There are fast V6 engines, just not that one. The V6 is slow, but the V8 costs more, eats gas, has higher insurance. Muscle is expensive.

Everyone has their own taste and preferences, but fwiw I like 90's tuner cars like the RX7, 300ZX, 3000GT and Supra. They go fast for cheap, and women find them sexy. I'm probably going to buy a twin turbo Stealth sometime soon, have a non-turbo one now.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go for a honda or toyota. Toyota celica's or toyota supra's are tight cars with solid high end acceleration.

The thing about a mustang is gas. You're gonna be handing your left nut over to the clerk every time you go to refill your mustang, which will be frequently :)

Booblepook

Don Juan
Reaction score
V6 stang is faster than your average civic. V8 is better, but V6 is still potent. Gas isn't that big of a deal.

Thing about Civic and other Hondas, and Toyotas, and Mazdas, and other Japanese cars, is that they are:

A) Not durable
B) Cost a lot of money to fix
C) Does not last long
D) Not powerful
E) They are front wheel drive cars
F) They are not fun because there is no torque
G) They are not powerful because there is no horsepower
H) They are slow

For a Civic to go as fast as mustang it needs to be modified and it needs to hook. It simply is not possible on the street tires. Thus your Civic experience will be very borring, since it does not have a lot of torque. Just think your average family car. Some grossery hauling mini vans are faster than a Civic.

For your budget:

Mustang GT, 91 to 93
Mustang LX 5.0, 91 to 93
Mustang GT, 94 to 99
Taurus SHO
Focus SVT
Coutour SVT
Mustang SVO (best car ever made, 400 horse, 2000 lbs, a 4 cyclinder rocket ship)

The 91 to 93 stang is a way to go, since they are light and have small block ford. Later models have a mod motor. Mustangs are modern muscle cars, if you want a small car go with Coutour and Focus SVT and Mustang SVO, for mid size, go with Taurus SHO.

What's good is that all those cars are Ford. So you know you're buying quality, durability, and longevity. This would be a good investment, unlike a Civic, in 5 years you could resell your car for more money. With Civic, in 5 years you will be paying junk yard to take it.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... I think (*hope*) booblepook is being sarcastic, but it's hard to tell.

Lines like
What's good is that all those cars are Ford. So you know you're buying quality, durability, and longevity. This would be a good investment, unlike a Civic, in 5 years you could resell your car for more money. With Civic, in 5 years you will be paying junk yard to take it.
make me think he is.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
VW Golf is a decent car for a kid.
I was just about to say that. This man knows :)

I drive a stick 91 Passat, and you'd be surprised how much torque and power is hidden under that hood. All makes for a very fun ride.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mazda 626 affordable, parts were easy to get, and the stick shift was always smooth for people who needed to learn... and it never ever died !

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexTheGreat said:
I was just about to say that. This man knows :)

I drive a stick 91 Passat, and you'd be surprised how much torque and power is hidden under that hood. All makes for a very fun ride.

There's something magic about German cars too, even the cheap ones have a little taste of it. My current car is a Passat W8, but it's the 5spd auto, 6spd stick is really hard to find since they didn't make very many.

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
honestly? you guys own volkswagens and say they are good first cars? maybe if you're the son of a mechanic :p . i'm 18 and ive already had 3 vw's and i loved everyone to death. yet i hated them all and thats why i sold them all. vw's are probably the most unreliable cars you can buy lol. but i plan on buying a gti as soon as i can because they are sweet.

just be forewarned :)

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people could break an anvil.

I've had 4 VW's so far and they've all been rock solid. Of the four, three were turbos and one is the current W8. If you flog it enough anything will break and I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't respond really well to abuse.

They love to be driven hard though and they feel solid in a way Asian cars can't match.

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
VW Golf is a decent car for a kid.
QFT

My daily driver is a 95 Golf. It has good acceleration and is reliable so far. It is pretty durable as well because I have hit several snowbanks while 'drifting' in the snow.
The downside is that it is a FWD, but it is okay because the gas mileage is phenominal.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Booblepook said:
V6 stang is faster than your average civic. V8 is better, but V6 is still potent. Gas isn't that big of a deal.

Thing about Civic and other Hondas, and Toyotas, and Mazdas, and other Japanese cars, is that they are:

A) Not durable
B) Cost a lot of money to fix
C) Does not last long
D) Not powerful
E) They are front wheel drive cars
F) They are not fun because there is no torque
G) They are not powerful because there is no horsepower
H) They are slow

For a Civic to go as fast as mustang it needs to be modified and it needs to hook. It simply is not possible on the street tires. Thus your Civic experience will be very borring, since it does not have a lot of torque. Just think your average family car. Some grossery hauling mini vans are faster than a Civic.
Youre an IDIOT! You clearly dont know SH*T about cars. Hondas are NOT expensive to fix and theyll last about forever. I had a friend with a civic with 200k miles. Dont give advice to other people when youre a retard.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go japanese over a piece of **** mustang.. especailly a v6. The only people that drive those are women. A Japanese car will last you longer, and save you money in repairs and gas in the long run.. its a better investment.