Good response to this?

TheBaconator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Started texting some girl I met at bar last week. A lil back and forth chat and I ask her to do something Wed. Her response "Umm I don't know yet"

Anything witty?

Sounds like a probable flake, but still worth a try.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She does not find you good looking, or interesting move on. Sorry to be blunt but why waste your time on someone who needs to be talked into hanging out with you?

TheBaconator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
vitor said:
She does not find you good looking, or interesting move on. Sorry to be blunt but why waste your time on someone who needs to be talked into hanging out with you?
Thanks but that's not what I was asking.

I even said, it probably ends up being a flake, but worth a shot.

She knows what I look like and was asking me questions about myself as we got talking. I just feel this may be lil resistance cuz she doesn't really know me. A smooth answer may help lower the resistance.

And how often do you find girls who are just ready to go out upon first meeting you or talking to you? Usually you have to show them something they don't see in every other ahole.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheBaconator said:
Started texting some girl I met at bar last week. A lil back and forth chat and I ask her to do something Wed. Her response "Umm I don't know yet"
Translation : I might go out with you if I'm bored and don't receive a better offer before then. If it were me I would have deleted her number the second after she sent that text.

TheBaconator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
Translation : I might go out with you if I'm bored and don't receive a better offer before then. If it were me I would have deleted her number the second after she sent that text.
Well that is the difference between us. I'd settle for being her second option if it results in some ass, don't really see much of a problem as long as im getting it.

Is it really that difficult to get advice on a text response on here?

It seems everytime I post something all I get is "give up man delete her number. Well by not doing that i've gotten laid a couple of times you fellas wouldn't have".

Biggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheBaconator said:
Well that is the difference between us. I'd settle for being her second option if it results in some ass, don't really see much of a problem as long as im getting it.

Is it really that difficult to get advice on a text response on here?

It seems everytime I post something all I get is "give up man delete her number. Well by not doing that i've gotten laid a couple of times you fellas wouldn't have".
If you're always fine with being a second option for girls then you're not gonna get any because they WILL find someone better than some guy who likes being second choice.

As for your original question, i'd say "Well i'm doing ____, if you wanna come down hit me up." Then whatever you do, don't text her or call her until she contacts you. If she never does, forget about it.

TheBaconator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nateistoraw said:
lol, read the thread about " don't say, maybe we can hang out sometime"

You have to den00bify/de-afcify yourself.

Na couldn't find it. But I didn't say anything along the lines of "maybe we can hang out sometime". I asked her to do something Wed night and then she responded with that.

I didn't even respond so this is all irrelevant now anyway.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ask her if she wants to come along to something you already doing, with or without her.

eg. me and some friends are going to X bar thursday night, want to come?

or im going shopping on wednesday to X supermarket, want to tag along and get some coffee after?

its a way to take the pressure off and you look like less of a penis if she says no.

And when u ask out a girl dont say 'want to do something?', propose an actual plan. It at least sounds interesting and less whiny, be more confident.

In response if you havent said anything yet, u can use the 'well im doing X on wednesday- come along', or ignore and forget for a while and try again asking her out more directly another time.