Good news for short guys

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
I read this on Wikipedia about height and they quoted the following:

Cosmopolitan Magazine has also published an article stating that women are most attracted to men who are 1.1 times her own height.

If this is true, this refutes the myth that short women (4'11" to 5'3") only like tall men who are 5'10" and over.

According to this study, a 4'11" woman should be most attracted to a 5'5" man.

A 5'1" woman should find a 5'7" man very attractive.
A 5'3" woman should be most comfortable with a man who is 5'9".

Quit *****ing that all the tall guys get the girls.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
My old uncle was 5' 2" with a huge d!ck and a great smile and always had taller women. DJ's supersedes hight

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tip but...

I HOPE TO GOD THAT ARTICLE IS RUBBISH! Most hot girls I see range from 5'4 to 5'8 so according to that article those girls would think that an about 5'10.5" guy up to a 6'3" guy would be best.

Thats actually really tall. Basically the article is saying that women like guys proportionally tall to them.

Now I'm 5'9". That means girls who are about 5'3" would like me most. Thats pretty dang short. Theres only one HB I know thats around that height...funny she sees me as attractive lol.

That article backs up the claim that girls like tall guys even more, LOL.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like men to be as tall as possible without there being too much of a difference or without making the women look short.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Height is one of those overrated mass media created myths that has been implanted in our brains that is cool and healthy to be tall.

All I say is I'm average height and I can shop at regular stores for clothing because I dont look like Yao Ming. Being tall is almost more of a disadvantage than being short.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I think the article interpreted women having a tendancy for dating a guy 1.1 times their own height by saying it's their preference. Most people are within a few inches of average height, and most of these women prefer a man who is taller but not too tall. That still puts 5' 11" - 6'3" as popular heights for men. The short and tall women i.e.) outside the majority range in Q, may also prefer the taller men and thus not agreeing with the 1.1 x idea. But since it's a small proportion, it doesn't distort the findings all that much.

Thus, the 5' 11" - 6'3" popular range when women select men can be interpreted as 'women tend to date a guy 1.1 times their height' which can be interpreted as 'women choose guys 1.1 x their height'.

MM

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's not propaganda. I prefer girls who are about 5'3, and I'm 5'10

I think tall guys do get a lot of attention for whatever reason, but their excessive height can be a disadvantage because it hinders their ability to relate to the average or short chicks

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being short is in many ways a disease. It erases all that confidence you could have had if you were normal or above normal. Lets not make it sound as if it means nothing. Nobody with a brain is going to buy that.

Being tall kicks a$$!!! Girls love to look way up at a guy. I only date girls between 5'8" and 5'11". Where I am at the girls are tall freaks. Most are at least 5'7". Great place for a tall person like me.

When I see a 5'9" guy these days I imagine him to be some horny Mediterranean sex tourist. All in all, tall is where it is at. I can't imagine being under 6'0". No matter what the feminists in America and Western Europe tell you. You want to feel dominant over females. It is all a confidence thing. Most guys lack confidence as it is. So being short is just another tall hurdle to get over (did I just create a pun?!).

Yes, attitude is key. If you feel comfortable with who you are you are lucky. Only one problem. How can a man feel confident with himself when he is looking up to other guys or especially to females! I admire a guy that can pull that off. Only thing is that I have never met one.

I don't care how big your d*** is at 5'2" (and why do you know that your uncle had a big one?), you are going to be shorter than she wants. Life isn't always fair.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
meitenesrigas said:
Being short is in many ways a disease. It erases all that confidence you could have had if you were normal or above normal. Lets not make it sound as if it means nothing. Nobody with a brain is going to buy that.

Being tall kicks a$$!!! Girls love to look way up at a guy. I only date girls between 5'8" and 5'11". Where I am at the girls are tall freaks. Most are at least 5'7". Great place for a tall person like me.

When I see a 5'9" guy these days I imagine him to be some horny Mediterranean sex tourist. All in all, tall is where it is at. I can't imagine being under 6'0". No matter what the feminists in America and Western Europe tell you. You want to feel dominant over females. It is all a confidence thing. Most guys lack confidence as it is. So being short is just another tall hurdle to get over (did I just create a pun?!).

Yes, attitude is key. If you feel comfortable with who you are you are lucky. Only one problem. How can a man feel confident with himself when he is looking up to other guys or especially to females! I admire a guy that can pull that off. Only thing is that I have never met one.

I don't care how big your d*** is at 5'2" (and why do you know that your uncle had a big one?), you are going to be shorter than she wants. Life isn't always fair.
Where are you from?

Don't confuse height and size. Rugby players are big but its a disadvantage being too tall. For block layering and other type of lifting work its an advantage not being too tall.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meitenesrigas said:

Oh brother, dude lol :whistle:

I'm short, and you know what? Everything you say is correct....if we lived on some sort of bizarro planet where the entire population was composed of 6'3" Adonis-men and Amazon-women.

But we don't. Taken a look at most of the miserable people you gotta share this planet with (I word it like that, because your strange physically elitist attitude would seem to appreciate that)? People come in so many shapes and sizes...there is so much deformity and physical affliction out there that being 5'5" ain't the worst thing in the world. Physically, I'm proportioned, I lift regurlarly and I eat well. I make the most with what I got. It could be worse, it could be better. Hasn't stopped me from getting laid!

Hey, I'm a realist, of course I wish I was taller. Whatever, ain't gonna happen. We adjust what we can, we accept what we can't. Can you say that about yourself?

SLY

Don Juan
Reaction score
i em' tall. my gf is around my height, 5'9. honestly i can say that i have never had any issues with my height being a factor to tall women.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
insidious said:
Oh brother, dude lol :whistle:

I'm short, and you know what? Everything you say is correct....if we lived on some sort of bizarro planet where the entire population was composed of 6'3" Adonis-men and Amazon-women.

But we don't. Taken a look at most of the miserable people you gotta share this planet with (I word it like that, because your strange physically elitist attitude would seem to appreciate that)? People come in so many shapes and sizes...there is so much deformity and physical affliction out there that being 5'5" ain't the worst thing in the world. Physically, I'm proportioned, I lift regurlarly and I eat well. I make the most with what I got. It could be worse, it could be better. Hasn't stopped me from getting laid!

Hey, I'm a realist, of course I wish I was taller. Whatever, ain't gonna happen. We adjust what we can, we accept what we can't. Can you say that about yourself?
Actually, the average male in the Dinaric Alps, Montenegro, and Lithuania/Latvia are almost that tall. Look, there are less than 5 million people combined in Slovenia and Lithuania. Yet, they have 11 NBA players currently in the league! Countless others are playing in places like Italy and Spain. They are freaks! Lithuanian's are smart enought to have adopted basketball as the national sport. Even the doors are being built taller these days for the people. If you like tall elegant girls that all look like young models you should check the area out. They will probably all want to marry you before you leave though :p . Don't let the DJ masters know though. They won't appreciate the lack of business.

You want tall people? Really tall people? Visit: Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Albania, or even Macedonia.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Ooooooo, women find men 1.1 times their own height attractive, how fu<king informative.
The average woman is 5' 5". According to the stat she finds a man of 6' or a shade under to be the ideal height for her. Makes sense. Since 5' 5" is both the mean and modal height (rounded) and the distribution lies closely either side of 5' 5", it's fair to generalise that women date men 1.1 tmes their height, then conclude it's their preference. But I'm still sure tall men are chosen by short women. Why choose an average guy all else being equal when tall men will sex them?

MM

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
The average woman is 5' 5". According to the stat she finds a man of 6' or a shade under to be the ideal height for her. Makes sense. Since 5' 5" is both the mean and modal height (rounded) and the distribution lies closely either side of 5' 5", it's fair to generalise that women date men 1.1 tmes their height, then conclude it's their preference. But I'm still sure tall men are chosen by short women. Why choose an average guy all else being equal when tall men will sex them?

MM
Maybe in the UK.

Average female height in the US is 5'3-5'4". There are plenty of hotties below that height as well.

Shorter than average women actually have higher reproductive success.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
stuka1939 said:
Maybe in the UK.

Average female height in the US is 5'3-5'4". There are plenty of hotties below that height as well.

Shorter than average women actually have higher reproductive success.
Yes, and they are renowned for also gunning for the tall guys too. Short hot women with curves are perhaps the most sought after, though most women are sought after anyway. My point is, tall guys are preferred by all heights of women (since they have the power to choose) and since mean/modal height women tend to date men 1.1 x their height, we can apply that same principle to all women since the distribution is closeley centred about the mean. It does NOT mean that short women tend to choose a 5' 8" hot guy over a 6' hot guy.

MM

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Yes, and they are renowned for also gunning for the tall guys too. Short hot women with curves are perhaps the most sought after, though most women are sought after anyway. My point is, tall guys are preferred by all heights of women (since they have the power to choose) and since mean/modal height women tend to date men 1.1 x their height, we can apply that same principle to all women since the distribution is closeley centred about the mean. It does NOT mean that short women tend to choose a 5' 8" hot guy over a 6' hot guy.

MM
Are you tall?

I am 5'11.5" and I look down on 80% of all other males, so I am considered tall.

I am not disagreeing with you tha tall men have more pulling power.

However, I would DISAGREE with you in saying a 6'3" man with a below average looking face has more pulling power than a 5'8" man who is handsome.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
stuka1939 said:
Are you tall?

I am 5'11.5" and I look down on 80% of all other males, so I am considered tall.

I am not disagreeing with you tha tall men have more pulling power.

However, I would DISAGREE with you in saying a 6'3" man with a below average looking face has more pulling power than a 5'8" man who is handsome.
I'm about 6', I wouldn't consider myself tall but maybe top end average. As for your last comment, I disagree I think height is more of a deal breaker than face in general although maybe not in extremes. If the tall guy had a decent hairstyle, good gym ethic etc. he'd be ok. But the short guy will always have height as a deal breaker.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
I'm about 6', I wouldn't consider myself tall but maybe top end average. As for your last comment, I disagree I think height is more of a deal breaker than face in general although maybe not in extremes. If the tall guy had a decent hairstyle, good gym ethic etc. he'd be ok. But the short guy will always have height as a deal breaker.

I think Brits seem to be taller than Americans.

It is very ethnic in New Jersey and alot of people from Southern European cultures and Hispanics are shorter than average. That is why when I go out, I seem tall.

BTW, a 5'8" man in the US is not considered short. (5'7" and below is) A 5'8" handsome man in this country should have no problems (unless he is fat or lacks confidence)

Funny: I read a book by Rom Willis called "Nice Guys and Players, How to become the man women want."

He emphasizes confidence and a nice body over everything. He does not even mention height.

You are from Leeds? Do you live near the Castle? I was there in 2001.