Good Lord I'm having an AFC relapse!

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lurk much more than I post around here, hence my meager post count, but I'm hoping to get some info from everybody.

I stumbled upon this site around April this past year and by just reading the bible and the posts around the discussion board I transformed myself rather quickly into a budding DJ.

I was able to pull many girls, get numbers with ease, manage a good share of sexual encounters with the women I wanted, I felt great and everything was well. My whole attitude changed

Then I met her...

I was drawn to this site because I had just ended a 2.5 year relationship and wanted to live out the rest of my college life having FUN and getting to know many women. An LTR was the furthest thing from my mind.

But I quickly found myself involved in this whirlwind romance with this girl who is so compatabile and similar to me it is eerie.

From the moment we met each other we couldn't get enough of one another. We slept together the first time we hung out (which was great btw). She fell quickly for me, telling me how she has this inexplicable bond with me and wants to be with me. I fell hard for her too, not the most DJ move, but I truly couldn't suppress what I was feeling. She told me she loved me and I said I felt the same way (I do feel in love with her. I loved my ex-girlfriend and I already feel much much stronger for this girl then I ever did with her.)

Keep in mind we haven't even known each other for a month! She seems to be the female equivalent of an AFC but is a solid 8 in my book.

Now, any "DJ" mentality and image that I used to put forth effortlessly around girls has vanished. I have become a sap. Wanting to hang out with her all the time, talkin to her for hours on the phone, etc etc.

But the thing is that she absolutely loves the way I act. She tells me so with the utmost sincerety.

I don't want to keep this up. But on the other hand, if I pull back and act distant, I think she'll be deeply hurt, because she seems to love me the way I am now.

Is it too late to revert back to my former ways? Is it even wise to do so? We are both very happy with one another right now the way things are.

I'm rambling and I hope I was able to convey my situation to everyone in a somewhat coherent manner.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No reason to play games pull back and be distant, but do understand that life is about balance if all you do is give give give give, she will end up taking taking taking taking.

I wont say much more.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No reason to change yet ...

... however, expect the pull back and being distant from her as she'll tire of you being so available.

Stay on this site, read parts of the DJ Bible, brush up on your DJ skills and when the woman starts to do the typical female flakiness you'll be prepared and won't revert into AFC mode.

As of now, you're OK.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
be very careful. keep your respect guard up and make sure you pass all of her "tests." the minute you let her step all over you is the same minute she'll be walkin out the door.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you're f@cked. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I feel bad for anyone who would ever have these kinds of emotions. You're going to end up a bruised and battered mess when she's done with you.

Unfortunately there's not too much we can do for you. Nothing we say is going to change your behavior, plus you don't want to listen to reason anyway. I've seen it hundreds of times, and not just on these boards. The only way for you to learn now is to take your licks (not the good kind) and then crawl back from the dead when it's over.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Unfortunately there's not too much we can do for you. Nothing we say is going to change your behavior, plus you don't want to listen to reason anyway"

I beg to differ Dr. Zaius. I still possess a rational faculty and am willing to distance myself somewhat to seek help from you guys. Why the hell would you presume I'd post just to ignore advice?

I mean, I'm sensible to know that I'm acting in a manner that could lead me to trouble in the future, so why not believe me when I say I'm seeking advice on the best way to act.

To the others that responded and didn't immediately write me off as a hopeless case, thanks. I am grateful.

I look forward to other comments from others as well.

Last edited:

mystik

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was drawn toward this site when i tried to improve myself and was seaching for ways to improve my social abilities. Thats beside the point, after reading in this forum for about 6months, i had 4-5 girls then i picked one and entered ina LTR. Guess what? Im still happily in the LTR after a year now and it only gets better.

Its okay to not be the emotionally unattached player sometimes and let yourself have fun.

DJ Jr.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
Wow, you're f@cked. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I feel bad for anyone who would ever have these kinds of emotions. You're going to end up a bruised and battered mess when she's done with you.

LOL actually I think you're f@cked because you just dont get it...if you go through life without ever opening up to that special someone then you are going to end up sad and lonely...if your still in your teens then I can understand your thinking but as you get older your needs change and the game changes.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is an interesting topic...do you guys think over enthusiasm in a girl will push her away??

Should you act like you dont care about her as much as she cares about you??

maybe the game is played differently with AFC girls??

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Jr.
...if you go through life without ever opening up to that special someone then you are going to end up sad and lonely...
:( Boo hoo, I'm going to end up sad and lonely:( Oh, the Horror!
I just don't see how my life will be complete without some b1tch by my side 24-7, weighing me down. How will I live if I can't "open up" and "share" all my life experiences with that "special someone" who just happens to have a vagina between her legs? You have made me see the error of my ways-- we are all terribly inadequate without women. Thanks, Oprah.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StrongBad
To the others that responded and didn't immediately write me off as a hopeless case, thanks. I am grateful.
I didn't mean to write you off, sorry about that. It's just that I've seen more than my share of guys coming to this board (and in my own real life experiences) looking for advice and then completely ignoring that advice because their head is firmly implanted up their ass (example, DJ Jr). Of course, they'd all have you believe they're in "love," but my 'head up the ass' analogy is much more appropriate. So when you come here saying you're in "love" my knee-jerk response is to label you hopeless, because I've rarely seen successful recoveries from that type of infirmity.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
maybe the game is played differently with AFC girls??
I think so. My 1st gf was the AFC type. She was so into me it was scary. I could have done anything, jerk or total wuss. She loved me no matter what. We split up 18 years ago, and I'm sure that if I made a move on her today, she'd jump on the opportunity.

But then you have to be careful. My 3rd gf acted all AFC the first month we were together. Then over a 2 month period slowly morphed into super-b*tch. No matter what I did was wrong. I'd been AFC with her all along of course. :rolleyes:

So I'd say to you StrongBad, act natural. Enjoy the sound of the birds and harp music. :D But keep an eye out for signs if things start getting weird. If you feel her IL slipping, switch back to DJ mode immediately.