"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Good friend insists on staying/being friends with my ex-girlfriend...

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
481
Location
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Good start to the week, I was driving home and see my friend driving down the road, shot him a text and asked him whats up, just saw you where you headed man? And he goes "Ex-GFs house to watch x with her and her sister, I hope you don't hate me for that." He's been trying to hook up with the sister for a long time, so I saw na man it's all good, just get after it with the sister. Heres where sh1t when south, he goes "I'm not trying to hook up with ex's sister, I'm just trying to be friends with my ex girlfriend." So I said "why" and he said that they have real deep conversations, and shes the only one who understands his feelings, and he didn't want to lose that."

I didn't reply. I laughed. On multiple occasions my ex has said she didn't like the kid because of what he did to ex's sister. Now I think it's interesting that she wants to be friends with him and vice-versa. From what he told me, they talk about me and who I am currently dating all the time and he's like their emotional tampon and window into my life. Worse part of it is, he goes along with it, I no longer want the dude as a friend.

What do you guys think of the situation?

side note: ***** fvcks up weak men.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
Broes b4 hoes, always. Drop this friend of yours. His excuse is pure bullsh1t. He either tries to get to the sister through your ex, or his scarcity mindset just desperately craving some female validation. Either way he has no morals and could have come to you FIRST like a good friend, but didn't. Let him be their girlfriend and dismiss them all.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Good start to the week, I was driving home and see my friend driving down the road, shot him a text and asked him whats up, just saw you where you headed man? And he goes "Ex-GFs house to watch x with her and her sister, I hope you don't hate me for that." He's been trying to hook up with the sister for a long time, so I saw na man it's all good, just get after it with the sister. Heres where sh1t when south, he goes "I'm not trying to hook up with ex's sister, I'm just trying to be friends with my ex girlfriend." So I said "why" and he said that they have real deep conversations, and shes the only one who understands his feelings, and he didn't want to lose that."

I didn't reply. I laughed. On multiple occasions my ex has said she didn't like the kid because of what he did to ex's sister. Now I think it's interesting that she wants to be friends with him and vice-versa. From what he told me, they talk about me and who I am currently dating all the time and he's like their emotional tampon and window into my life. Worse part of it is, he goes along with it, I no longer want the dude as a friend.

What do you guys think of the situation?

side note: ***** fvcks up weak men.
Drop him or clue him into reality. He’s too dense to realize that she’s only giving him attention because he’s her spy on your life…
He’s probably so desperate he doesn’t know how she’s playing him…
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
He either has to cease contact with your ex and her sister OR your friendship with him is finished.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
481
Location
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Drop him or clue him into reality. He’s too dense to realize that she’s only giving him attention because he’s her spy on your life…
He’s probably so desperate he doesn’t know how she’s playing him…
that’s my initial thought because the girl wants to know my every fvcking move it seems and what better way than to manipulate a friend. I was thinking about bringing it up to him but I feel like it will go in one ear and out the other.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
that’s my initial thought because the girl wants to know my every fvcking move it seems and what better way than to manipulate a friend. I was thinking about bringing it up to him but I feel like it will go in one ear and out the other.
She’s trying to validate the break in her mind by seeing you doing worse without her and it probably means nothing at this point, but it’s a riskier move on her part by using one of your male friends or one of your family members vs. sending one of her female friends to spy…
Her friends won’t tell you, yours likely will.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
Use Silence and Distance on him. It's not just for women.

Rule #1- if people are not a benefit to you, move on. You should have a busy life that doesnt allow people like this to gain a part of it. That goes for friendships as well.

Let him do his thing. It's your ex, it's his life. Let him figure it out on his own. Dont lose too much sleep over it.

It just shows what type of friend he really is (was).
 
Top