Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good friend insists on staying/being friends with my ex-girlfriend...

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Good start to the week, I was driving home and see my friend driving down the road, shot him a text and asked him whats up, just saw you where you headed man? And he goes "Ex-GFs house to watch x with her and her sister, I hope you don't hate me for that." He's been trying to hook up with the sister for a long time, so I saw na man it's all good, just get after it with the sister. Heres where sh1t when south, he goes "I'm not trying to hook up with ex's sister, I'm just trying to be friends with my ex girlfriend." So I said "why" and he said that they have real deep conversations, and shes the only one who understands his feelings, and he didn't want to lose that."

I didn't reply. I laughed. On multiple occasions my ex has said she didn't like the kid because of what he did to ex's sister. Now I think it's interesting that she wants to be friends with him and vice-versa. From what he told me, they talk about me and who I am currently dating all the time and he's like their emotional tampon and window into my life. Worse part of it is, he goes along with it, I no longer want the dude as a friend.

What do you guys think of the situation?

side note: ***** fvcks up weak men.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broes b4 hoes, always. Drop this friend of yours. His excuse is pure bullsh1t. He either tries to get to the sister through your ex, or his scarcity mindset just desperately craving some female validation. Either way he has no morals and could have come to you FIRST like a good friend, but didn't. Let him be their girlfriend and dismiss them all.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Good start to the week, I was driving home and see my friend driving down the road, shot him a text and asked him whats up, just saw you where you headed man? And he goes "Ex-GFs house to watch x with her and her sister, I hope you don't hate me for that." He's been trying to hook up with the sister for a long time, so I saw na man it's all good, just get after it with the sister. Heres where sh1t when south, he goes "I'm not trying to hook up with ex's sister, I'm just trying to be friends with my ex girlfriend." So I said "why" and he said that they have real deep conversations, and shes the only one who understands his feelings, and he didn't want to lose that."

I didn't reply. I laughed. On multiple occasions my ex has said she didn't like the kid because of what he did to ex's sister. Now I think it's interesting that she wants to be friends with him and vice-versa. From what he told me, they talk about me and who I am currently dating all the time and he's like their emotional tampon and window into my life. Worse part of it is, he goes along with it, I no longer want the dude as a friend.

What do you guys think of the situation?

side note: ***** fvcks up weak men.
Drop him or clue him into reality. He’s too dense to realize that she’s only giving him attention because he’s her spy on your life…
He’s probably so desperate he doesn’t know how she’s playing him…

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He either has to cease contact with your ex and her sister OR your friendship with him is finished.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't control whom he befriends but you can control whom you befriend. If he's a good friend maybe give him a chance to make the choice, and make clear that it's her or you.

Last edited:

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Drop him or clue him into reality. He’s too dense to realize that she’s only giving him attention because he’s her spy on your life…
He’s probably so desperate he doesn’t know how she’s playing him…
that’s my initial thought because the girl wants to know my every fvcking move it seems and what better way than to manipulate a friend. I was thinking about bringing it up to him but I feel like it will go in one ear and out the other.

Billtx49

Reaction score
that’s my initial thought because the girl wants to know my every fvcking move it seems and what better way than to manipulate a friend. I was thinking about bringing it up to him but I feel like it will go in one ear and out the other.
She’s trying to validate the break in her mind by seeing you doing worse without her and it probably means nothing at this point, but it’s a riskier move on her part by using one of your male friends or one of your family members vs. sending one of her female friends to spy…
Her friends won’t tell you, yours likely will.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Use Silence and Distance on him. It's not just for women.

Rule #1- if people are not a benefit to you, move on. You should have a busy life that doesnt allow people like this to gain a part of it. That goes for friendships as well.

Let him do his thing. It's your ex, it's his life. Let him figure it out on his own. Dont lose too much sleep over it.

It just shows what type of friend he really is (was).